• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mihawk has indeed already lost off-screen ... I would be seriously disappointed. He's been a hype machine for decades at this point and we have never actually seen him fight seriously
it will prove how strong SSG is and how smart Vegapunk is.
but I'm sure that won't happen(Mihawk is arrested) but maybe Mihawk will have a little trouble

What's Luffy's bounty? I don't see it on the spoilers.

Edit: Nvm, I saw the Yonko statement.

Last edited:
Something about his bounty being lower than the current Yonkos.

They say on page 180 that the person making the statement probably isn't reliable, though.

Last edited:
If king and queen both fully recovered then greenbull is gonna be busted
They are Ancient Zoans and 7 days passed. I believe thats enough to regen i meann evej zoro and luffy are recovered after all those injuries and fights they got

From what i have seen rn

Greenbull defeats King and Queen, and absorbs their nutrients. King got stabbed in the chest by Ryokugyu's root, whereas Queen got sucked dry. Ryokugyu is Hardcore in this chapter

From what i have seen rn

Greenbull defeats King and Queen, and absorbs their nutrients. King got stabbed in the chest by Ryokugyu's root, whereas Queen got sucked dry. Ryokugyu is Hardcore in this chapter
Wait WTF? Is Oda seriously doing the DBZ type power escalation now?

... Disappointing, nonsensical bounties.

I can't even begin to understand the basis on which they decide to give a bounty amount.

Is it power and strength? Influence? Level of threat against the WG? Untapped potential? Armies? Feats? Accomplishments? In what world does Kidd and Law rival Luffy in that apartment?

1. Luffy has an actual fleet.
2. Luffy has arguably the most powerful pirate crew–maybe with the exception of Blackbeard pirates.
3. Luffy has the DF the world government fears–a direct threat to the world government.
4. Luffy has Robin, who is the only one who can read the poneglyphs, plus the WG is actively trying to catch her–she's a direct threat to the WG too.
5. Luffy's father is the revolutionary Dragon and his Brother Sabo etc.
6. Luffy defeated Kaido in a 1v1.
7. Luffy has territories and allies

The World Government wouldn't necessarily know about the Grand Fleet, would they?

Grand Fleet including at least 2 fleets large enough to be the navy of an entire country
2. Luffy has arguably the most powerful pirate crew–maybe with the exception of Blackbeard pirates.
Debatable, could be Shanks too
4. Luffy has Robin, who is the only one who can read the poneglyphs, plus the WG is actively trying to catch her–she's a direct threat to the WG too.
Pudding can do it too, right?
Technically, Luffy has only one territory - Fishman Island

I can't even begin to understand the basis on which they decide to give a bounty amount.

Is it power and strength? Influence? Level of threat against the WG? Untapped potential? Armies? Feats? Accomplishments? In what world does Kidd and Law rival Luffy in that apartment?

3. Luffy has the DF the world government fears–a direct threat to the world government.
The World Government is deliberately trying to play down the level of threat from Luffy by heavily implying that the three supernova captains defeated the two emperors in an evenly distributed battle, and as such each received roughly a third of Kaido's and Big Mom's collected bounties, rather than Luffy defeating Kaido on his own, whereas Kidd and Law weren't quite able to defeat Big Mom when teaming up without having lots of luck on their side via several bombs exploding on her to finish her off.

Anyway, this could be good for the freedom fighters, as Law and especially Kidd would likely be too prideful to tag along in an alliance with somebody who has a higher bounty than them, and Luffy's crew genuinely needs their help against the forces of the World Government.

Luffy and law bounty is the same after dressrosa
Also wg try to control luffy influence
Nuff said

Yes, but he doesn't mind if people underestimate him, given that he tried to downplay his scale of power for a few decades while serving under Whitebeard.

Luffy and law bounty is the same after dressrosa
Law had a higher bounty than Luffy going into Dressrosa
On this note, I feel Blackbeard's bounty is also way too low for everything he did up to and during the time-skip.
As far as I remember, Blackbeard never had a bounty before the battle at Marineford. His initial plan was to capture Luffy to gain notoriety and directly get invited to the Shichibukai (which he later did by capturing Ace) ... So he might very well have just started out with a 2B+ bounty which is insane

Ant makes the most sense here. They are obviously trying to downplay him as hard as possible. Why else would they mention the possibility of keeping the situation under wraps as an impossiblity. It shows they were considering hiding the whole thing, but couldnt.

These are the same people who prolly created the void century, i wouldnt be shocked.

Anyway, if Green Bull was able to quickly take down two almost 1,4 Billion bounty pirates at the same time that were too much for even Marco (who was able to fight Kizaru) to handle, he is probably Yonko level, and if Pluton (one of the ancient weapons) is in Wano, there is a big risk that he will steal it for the World Government, and maybe kidnap or try to kill Nico Robin as well.

if Green Bull was able to quickly take down two almost 1,4 Billion bounty pirates at the same time that were too much for even Marco (who was able to fight Kizaru) to handle, he is probably Yonko level
Or maybe he is just as strong as the OG Admirals, or at least he its comparable.

If Greenbull rly beat King and Queen so easily this would just upscale Sabo and Fujitora right?
Its definitely solid evidence for Issho to be finally upgraded to Top Tier like he was always suppost to to be.

Not sure about Sabo, but if he become 6-A even via downscaling then i can see Jack also get to be 6-A for the same reason.

Last edited:
Its definitely solid evidence for Issho to be finally upgraded to Top Tier like he was Always suppost to do.

Not sure about Sabo, but if he get to be 6-A even by downscaling then i can see Jack also get to be possibly 6-A.
Jack rly a fraud with all those L's ngl

I saw some ppl also saying "Fujitora captured Mihawk" which I DOUBT HIGHLY theres no a Fujitora who got bruised from a G3 Dressrosa Luffy beat the Worlds Strongest Swordsman in the world who narratively is above Shanks + Fujitora is a swordsman too. This wouldn't make sense so im saying they are 100% fake spoilers about the Fuji vs Mihawk thing
Fuji bruise was off the next chapter, then he sent luffy flying, mihawk on the otherhand was goign equal with vista. Nowhere in the manga in japanese is fuji called a swordsmen. Also if mihawk was really stronger then fuji why would the WG let him go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back