• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this could be good for the freedom fighters, as Law and especially Kidd would likely be too prideful to tag along in an alliance with somebody who has a higher bounty than them, and Luffy's crew genuinely needs their help against the forces of the World Government.
... But they already joined the Alliance even when they had a lower bounty than Luffy. This line of though doesn't make any sense considering Law's previous bounty was 500 million and Luffy's was 1.5 billion.

Which is more of a travesty considering Law got a 600% increase while Luffy's bounty only doubled.

Knowing current Oda, I think he's just trying to portray them as equal to Luffy, rather than the WG downplaying him (why would they downplay Luffy and then skyrocket his allies' bounty by 600%?).

why would they downplay Luffy and then skyrocket his allies' bounty by 600%?
If your referring to Law and Kidd when you say “allies”. How on Earth does boosting the bounties of people Luffy is allied to, contradict the notion of the WG downplaying luffy. The narrative of them hiding Luffy’s exploits has literally been going on as far back as Alabasta.

What notion? It's headcanon, Luffy always got a higher bounty than his defeated opponent.

We might as well just say the bounty rewards are worthless, and not a way to show your threat level to the WG.

“headcanon”

WG hid his antics in Alabasta, and were pondering the notion of hiding his antics in Wano. They are obviously downplaying him

At least I've learned not to get hyped up about these things now that I know they can put whatever ******* value they want and not the one they deserve. It's not like Luffy is going to do anything from now on, I don't get the point of downplaying his bounty now and not before.

Bounties have become worthless in both narrative and as a way of expressing power now that they are not authentic to the level of threat of the person they represent.

Anyways, how in the living the hell they got a photo of Luffy in Gear 5??

they can put whatever ******* value they want and not the one they deserve
corruption.
I don't get the point of downplaying his bounty now and not before.
Unsure as to whether they have or have not downplayed his bounty before, but they have 100% downplayed his feats. Presuming you are correct, its likely because his fruit has awakened, so he is a far more polarising figure. They hid the antics of the prior Joyboy for a reason.

... But they already joined the Alliance even when they had a lower bounty than Luffy. This line of though doesn't make any sense considering Law's previous bounty was 500 million and Luffy's was 1.5 billion.

Which is more of a travesty considering Law got a 600% increase while Luffy's bounty only doubled.

Knowing current Oda, I think he's just trying to portray them as equal to Luffy, rather than the WG downplaying him (why would they downplay Luffy and then skyrocket his allies' bounty by 600%?).
As others said, the WG wants to try to somewhat play down the threat of Luffy into a team effort rather than him getting a 5 Billion bounty, Law a 2.8 Billion bounty, and Kidd a 2 Billion bounty, for example.

Also, previously Law had an agenda by tagging along with Luffy, and Kidd was only a very begrudging ally due to hating Kaidou. They would not appreciate feeling slighted if they are going to continue to help out.

Apoo had a camera
He was inside the castle while Luffy was on the roof, it couldn't be.
Weren’t there CP agents?
I guess the only survivor could have gotten an image from a device we don't know about, but it's rather bizarre considering Luffy is going to stay in base form most of the time and they're supposedly trying to downplay him and hide his awakening.

What would people think if they saw a transformed Luffy.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it’s just Kaido + Big Mom’s combined bounties (8,999,100,000) divided by 3 and rounded up. Then they’ll each get something like ‘orchestrated the defeat of two Yonko.’

Edit: Did not realise other people in this thread already thought of that.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it’s just Kaido + Big Mom’s bounties divided by 3 and rounded up. Then they’ll each get something like ‘orchestrated the defeat of two Yonko.’
Exactly. The WG is trying to be tactical.

considering everyone switched suddenly with the "oh it makes sense, mhm" once the bounty was revealed. why would the wg give luffy a 1.5b(3x higher than his old one) bounty after taking out a 1st commander than dipping in WCI...

They don't know because the current explanation is just cope.

This is how Oda actually sees it: Law=Kidd=Luffy.
no shade to anyone, but most reasonable user in this thread gotta be you. also the d riding was insane for 4.5b+ bounties and once everything was set in stone the d riding shifted.

also the d riding was insane for 4.5b+ bounties and once everything was set in stone the d riding shifted.
I'm about to book a show at the Dimmsdale Dimmadome
I still could hit up Sony today and get a loan
And shout out to Ms. Sylvia Rhone we get along
But that boy advance gotta be bigger than Diddy Kong

But Luffy legitimately took out a Yonko on his own, whereas Law and Kidd had to resort to dumb luck to together beat a single Yonko. It doesn't make sense that Oda would genuinely consider them to be equal.

no shade to anyone, but most reasonable user in this thread gotta be you. also the d riding was insane for 4.5b+ bounties and once everything was set in stone the d riding shifted.
Preferably avoid using very crude language in this community. Thank you.

Preferably try to not be rude either. We are trying to maintain a friendly atmosphere here.

But Luffy legitimately took out a Yonko on his own, whereas Law and Kidd had to resort to dumb luck to together beat a single Yonko. It doesn't make sense that Oda would genuinely consider them to be equal.
We have to admit that Kaido was worn down by about a dozen people before his final fight with Luffy.

We have to admit that Kaido was worn down by about a dozen people before his final fight with Luffy.
I am not so sure. Kaido was not shown to be tired, and had periods of rest in-between.

IMG_2376.png

They don't know because the current explanation is just cope.

This is how Oda actually sees it: Law=Kidd=Luffy.
My explanation above wasn't cope. Though I don't exactly agree, I genuinely couldn't care less about them being equal if I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back