• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1038: "Kid & Law vs Big Mom" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Last edited:
What are Marco and Denjiro doing? Their help would be extremely useful against Big Mom or the CP0.

Marco could also heal Zoro, for example.

Why do I get the feeling the skeleton with the scythe that shows up in front of Zoro is going to end up being Brook? And Zoro's just hallucinating either due to it being a gag or because the Mink medicine side effects is starting to kick in?

So Bigger Mom beat Law and Kid even after they Awakened, good for her. Now it seems all they can do is just stall her. Then again, maybe they still will find a way to win. I really don't know where this fight is going at this point.

Izo vs. CP0? Interesting, but I still see CP0 winning.

Last edited:
Yes, he needs some other scabbards to help him.

I think the only two who are still in good condition to help him are Denjiro and Kawamatsu.

But Denjiro will obviously be helping Hiyori kill off Orochi.

Raizo's busy with his "fight" against Fukurokuju

Kin'emon, Okiku, and Ashura are seriously injured. And Inu and Neko are both injured and exhausted from their fights with Jack and Perospero.

So yeah, the only Scabbard who could help Izou would be Kawamatsu. The last time we saw him was on the Live Floor talking with Hygoro about how Zoro favored Ryuma.

I would like to see Marco and Denjiro help Law and Kidd, Kawamatsu help Izo, and Zunesha and the entire remaining healed up Mink population take care of the Navy ships.

Zoro is so badass he's going to have to kill death itself.

Law and Kidd are disappointing me, if Luffy manages to defeat Kaido alone, but the two of them lost humiliatingly to Big Mom together, so the difference between them will be quite big. I still pin my hopes on a final strategy from the two of them to at least give Mama a lot more work.

I would like to see Marco and Denjiro help Law and Kidd, Kawamatsu help Izo, and Zunesha and the entire remaining healed up Mink population take care of the Navy ships.
I could definitely see Marco helping Law and Kidd against Big Mom since he has unfinished business with her, but Idk about Denjiro since his main beef is with Kaido when it comes to the Yonkos.

The healed up Mink population won't have to do anything. Zunesha solos the WG ships and agents like we saw during the Zou Arc.

I seriously hope that Kidd an Law somehow are able to defeat Big Mom. I can't stand her anymore.
It might be a hot take, but in my opinion she said everything that she could have said and she ended her usefulness a long time ago. Right now, she is just stealing screentime to other much more interesting things.

Korean translation added: "-Zoro raises his long scythe high to face the white reaper with a skeleton face who is about to cut him off."

Local green man disagrees with Death on his deathbed.

Would be cool to see Jimbei and Killer helping Law and Kidd vs Big Mom. Jimbei is fine he just had a fight with Who's Who. Same for Killer he easily beat Hawkins after he realised Hawkins Weakness

Kawamatsu should help Izo otherwise i dont see Izo beating the CP0 guys who just beat Drake and A Number while they made Apoo and the other Number to concede and run

Yes, Jinbei and Killer should also help out.

The funny part of all this is the chapter title: Kid and Law VS Big Mom, yet it's just them at the very end on the losing side of things in what appears to be a last stand effort. Going off the pattern from Oda, after every VS chapter we have gotten, the start of the next chapter has revealed the winner to the fight. Clearly that is not going to be the case this time around (unless Oda doesn't want to break pattern and just stick with a boring and undercooked fight) so I was starting to think they might not actually beat her in the first place.

The problem is Big Mom cannot be actually allowed to join up Kaido, so something is definitely gonna have to stall her and keep her busy. But god knows how they are gonna pull that off, considering they have likely been on their last leg for a while (they used their trump cards at the start of the fight, that says enough.) Like yall have brought up, bringing in more people is an option, but IMO it would make the both of them look super lame so I really have no idea how this is going to play out without either side being disrespected.

The funny part of all this is the chapter title: Kid and Law VS Big Mom, yet it's just them at the very end on the losing side of things in what appears to be a last stand effort. Going off the pattern from Oda, after every VS chapter we have gotten, the start of the next chapter has revealed the winner to the fight. Clearly that is not going to be the case this time around (unless Oda doesn't want to break pattern and just stick with a boring and undercooked fight) so I was starting to think they might not actually beat her in the first place.

The problem is Big Mom cannot be actually allowed to join up Kaido, so something is definitely gonna have to stall her and keep her busy. But god knows how they are gonna pull that off, considering they have likely been on their last leg for a while (they used their trump cards at the start of the fight, that says enough.) Like yall have brought up, bringing in more people is an option, but IMO it would make the both of them look super lame so I really have no idea how this is going to play out without either side being disrespected.
I'm more on the side of them stalling her for long enough. Big Mom's defeat will definitely be in elbaf.
She has potential to surpass even Kaido, now that we know she can get stronger when using her lifespan, so she has very high potential in being an even more threatening being than Kaido.

Oda's jokes about her being the strongest because "moms are the strongest" might not have been a joke after all 👀

Last edited:
Unless it is somehow Brook, and Zoro is partially hallucinating.

Wow. Law's attack was brutal! Not even a brain attack could stop Big Mom; the physical resistance of the Younkous once again proving to be something terrifying! (Reminds me of Whitebeard in the war, fighting even after having his organs and part of his brain destroyed by magma).

Wow. Law's attack was brutal! Not even a brain attack could stop Big Mom; the physical resistance of the Younkous once again proving to be something terrifying! (Reminds me of Whitebeard in the war, fighting even after having his organs and part of his brain destroyed by magma).
I mean, I forgot when has one piece care about vital organs? Robin survived Enel headshot in skypiea.

Law is bypassing durability with his devil fruit though. There was no blood until he used his counter shock.

I mean, I forgot when has one piece care about vital organs? Robin survived Enel headshot in skypiea.
Since Dressrosa I guess? Otherwise Doffy wouldn't be pointed out to have been stitching his internal organs to stay in the fight. Law makes it matter because he's a surgeon kek

I'm more on the side of them stalling her for long enough. Big Mom's defeat will definitely be in elbaf.
She has potential to surpass even Kaido, now that we know she can get stronger when using her lifespan, so she has very high potential in being an even more threatening being than Kaido.

Oda's jokes about her being the strongest because "moms are the strongest" might not have been a joke after all 👀
I really hope it does go how you say it will cause anything else ain't gonna click for me the way things are going.

"They say you Emperors are Invincible? What a joke theres no such thing"

Kidd's 1st Speech Finally

Also is this blood we see from Big Mom there? Cuz boi if that is Blood thats brutal af. But in my view i dont see it rly being blood, i think those are the effects of the shockwave from Law's Kroom

Yes.

Anyway, I think that this was a good chapter.

I'm still confident that Grim Reaper is just Brook messing with Zoro. He looks a bit tall there, so it'd be hilarious if he's sitting on Robin's shoulders or something.
Also, apparently Big Mom's been beating on Kidd and Law off screen and they're STILL active? They're tanks. Raizo fire resistance when

One interesting theory about the grim reaper that I have heard is that it is Enma's spiritual form ... Something like Zanpakuto spirits from Bleach

One interesting theory about the grim reaper that I have heard is that it is Enma's spiritual form ... Something like Zanpakuto spirits from Bleach
As much as we forget, Brook confirmed spirituality in OP, and Kozaboro's words about cursed swords don't necessarily deconfirm they're "cursed", it just deconfirms it's a bad thing and people are scared because they can't handle the blade's will.
Could be Enma, since if it has a personality and some degree of sentience (reacting to the Shamisen and whatnot) it might as well have some form of personification. And thankfully not a dorky one like the ones Oda drew in the vivre cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back