• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1033: "Shimotsuki Kozaburo" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks that way, I could see three things playing out from that:
  • Yamato recognises Zoro's resemblance to Ushimaru and probably Enma.
  • If the theory about Fuga being Ushimaru is true and he's indeed related to Zoro thenp possibly he regains his mind?
  • King probably wouldn't want Onigashima to blow itself up so I could potentially see him absorbing that fire Yokai and potentially even receive a power up from it.
These scenarios didn't really cross my mind when I was thinking about Zoro and King being in the basement where Robin, Brook, Yamato, and Fuga are heading, but now I want to see at least one of them play out the way you suggested. I can definitely see the first one happening.

Did King and Zoro fall into a different part of the basement floor where Law found the poneglyph in Chapter 996? The rooms look similar. If so, that's very interesting because I think that's where Robin, Brook, Yamato, and Fuga were heading.
Woaahh I didn’t even realize that. I wonder what will come of out of this.
King probably wouldn't want Onigashima to blow itself up so I could potentially see him absorbing that fire Yokai and potentially even receive a power up from it.
This a cool idea and maybe Yamato can give Zoro Info about how to defeat King.

Well, I think that it was a great chapter, and that Zoro received some good character development, and that his potential Conqueror's Haki has been strongly hinted at previously.

Honestly speaking, is it even possible to wank the characters in the story your writing?
Yeah it is, we call it Suggsverse.

Now, about the chapter, okay Hao is cool and i like it, but giving Zoro Hao coating this early? Luffy's very specialization is Hao, he is able to activate his Hao since Amazon Lily, then got a training by the damn Dark King to control it better over 2 years and still needed extra training to learn about haki projection with Hyogoro and then analyse Kaido's own haki and style to learn how to use Hao coating, so i have 3 options to explain it:
  1. Luffy is stupid af and focused entirely in developing G4, i call this the "Hao specialization my ass" route;
  2. Ray is a bad teacher and was getting drunk or just walking around Rusukaina, i call this the "that's why we don't see many training flashbacks" route;
  3. Zoro is getting it too soon and he should only get it next arc when fighting Shiryu or 10th Titanic Captain Mihawk, i call this the "Oda wanks Zoro" route.

Ray is a bad teacher and was getting drunk or just walking around Rusukaina
He pretty much admitted himself he just taught Luffy the basics of Haki and then left so I guess this has some truth to it.
Luffy is stupid af and focused entirely in developing G4
This is also probably true to an extent considering most of the timeskip was him learning to advanced his Haki while his training flashbacks mostly involve gear fourth

1. Luffy is stupid af and focused entirely in developing G4, i call this the "Hao specialization my ass" route;
  2. Ray is a bad teacher and was getting drunk or just walking around Rusukaina, i call this the "that's why we don't see many training flashbacks" route;
  3. Zoro is getting it too soon and he should only get it next arc when fighting Shiryu or 10th Titanic Captain Mihawk, i call this the "Oda wanks Zoro" route.
1. All three of the Monster Trio got pretty crappy teachers, all things considered. I mean, the extent of Zoro's training was basically "no booze for you till you figure out how to make it so that your swords don't break"
2. Zoro has been unknowingly using advanced Haki techniques since Alabasta. In fact, he probably used Hao coating without even knowing he could use Hao when he used Ashura against Kaido
3. Luffy's Hao feat of KO-ing 50,000 fishmen is still one of the most impressive showings of AoE Hao usage

I'm about to say dumb shit, but- INB4 King's race are called Lunarians because they lived on one of the 7 moons we saw in the Ohara flashback. And migrated to earth after their moon (or 5, including their 6th) was destroyed, hence why their bodies are so incredibly durable. They're literally built different.

3. Luffy's Hao feat of KO-ing 50,000 fishmen is still one of the most impressive showings of AoE Hao usage
I mean, it's impressive cause the others didn't get the chance to do that, but every Hao user so far minus Zoro and probably Hancock would be able to KO these 50K.

Adding to that- what if the moons were actually destroyed (but one) to MAKE the RED LINE? That's why they migrated on top of the red line, since it still kind of felt like their environment anyway?
Double inb4: King's race's passive durability allowed them to survive the destruction of their moon and Zoro cuts him after that statement. More on two-piece soon. Kek

Adding to that- what if the moons were actually destroyed (but one) to MAKE the RED LINE? That's why they migrated on top of the red line, since it still kind of felt like their environment anyway?
Double inb4: King's race's passive durability allowed them to survive the destruction of their moon and Zoro cuts him after that statement. More on two-piece soon. Kek
The red line is a bunch of islands smushed together. It's not a part of a moon

The red line is a bunch of islands smushed together. It's not a part of a moon
Continent Pullers that were enslaved maybe?
Still wouldn't explaint he fact that we don't see 7 moons, though. I've always sided with theory that they were destroyed by an ancient weapon or an ability and gravitated towards earth (since they circle it, from what we know) as fragments and chunks that were either enhanced by some power-
OR King's Race was eradicated to strengthen (somehow using the race's durability) that wall, turning it into the red line-- which as we know, is considered "indestructible" going by the story. It'd be messed up if Lunarian's bodies or hide was used to coat the wall itself, which then turned it red. Eugh-

It is extremely morbid, but the celestial dragons are awful enough to do so, yes.

Probably the ancient weapons, most specifically Pluton (likely a reference both to the Roman god of the underworld and Plutonium/powerful nuclear weapons.) It may tie into the void century.

Poseidon does, so I'd say so.
Maybe one of them was used to destroy an ancient kingdom 800yrs ago?
Poseidon would make sense since it controls the seas (sea kings) and King's race can control fire? Maybe they were killed through a massive flood caused by all the sea kings in the world. Could be that water's their natural enemy? Or something like that- a weakness like 'water' sounds a bit silly until you realize that's the weakness of basically half the cast anyway.

You realize that's the weakness of basically half the cast anyway.
King already has weakness to water by being a DF user.
What would happen then? Double weakness!!

Just kidding, it does seem very redundant, so I'd say probably the sun could be related to his weakness. (Have we ever seen King fighting during the day tho?)

King already has weakness to water by being a DF user.
What would happen then? Double weakness!!

Just kidding, it does seem very redundant, so I'd say probably the sun could be related to his weakness. (Have we ever seen King fighting during the day tho?)
I think the entirety of Onigashima War has been at night time. And during the Oden flashback Kaido's clouds were covering the sky. SO NOT YET.

BTW this chapter has a couple of important implications for Zoro power-scaling wise that needs to be mentioned:
1. There is no such thing as "Zoro with Enma". Enma is not a powerup for Zoro
2. Zoro using his Haki to the limit is about equal to Oden

BTW this chapter has a couple of important implications for Zoro power-scaling wise that needs to be mentioned:
1. There is no such thing as "Zoro with Enma". Enma is not a powerup for Zoro
Ok stop it.

That is most definitely a damn powerup if I've ever seen one

Emma is simply drawing out Zoro's Haki trying to match how much it could draw out of Oden. It is explicitly explained in the chapter
And it is noticeably a stronger state than his regular hits.

Busoshoku is drawing out Luffy's own spiritual energy to hurt people with. It's a powerup.

Technically, Zoro can be equally strong without Enma, once he is used to the blade. It is something like a training course

I should have been more clear because, by "powerup" I actually meant "external powerup" - like it would have been if Enma was powerful because of Oden's lingering Haki or something

I should have been more clear because, by "powerup" I actually meant "external powerup" - like it would have been if Enma was powerful because of Oden's lingering Haki or something
Nobody believes this anymore after several manga and databook statements.

The point is that it's still a powerup.

I can guarantee and die on the hill that Zoro would not be as strong as he is if he had any sword other than Enma. Give him Shusui and he's weaker.

Nope. Once Zoro masters the blade, he will be able to output Oden's level of Haki normally, and then he could theoretically use any sword to output that level of power
1. He'll lose Haki at a much faster rate and he'll passively lose it without even doing anything
2. He'll still have to focus Enma even more if he wants to go and hurt people of Kaido's nature
3. He's not Oden

I can guarantee and die on the hill that Zoro would not be as strong as he is if he had any sword other than Enma. Give him Shusui and he's weaker.

1. He'll lose Haki at a much faster rate and he'll passively lose it without even doing anything
2. He'll still have to focus Enma even more if he wants to go and hurt people of Kaido's nature
3. He's not Oden
1. Why? No reason for that
2. Again, why? It's the Haki that really matters
3. Irrelevant

Your reply makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back