• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1031: "The warrior of science" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Last edited:
We really need to know what awakened devil fruits are and how they work.
Bm fruit should be awakened,sanji takes his spot back as my favourite straw hat

1. Please let Lucci be yonko level, please let Lucci be yonko level
2. Sanji attacking a woman is terrifying with context.
3. If Robin gets captured I'm just gonna stop reading until she's rescued because this is ridiculous
4. If Big Mom gets an Awakening...either Law or Kid is gonna die.

And finally Sanmid learnt of the word "equality"
He doesn't avoid hitting women because he believes that they are lesser. He does it because he thinks that they are worth more than men, and because he thinks that he lives in the real world, where it usually really is cowardly to assault women, rather than in the One Piece fantasy world where women are much stronger in relation to men than here.

Ngl, I was really angry that he didn't even consider making an exception during Enies Lobby.

Don't get me wrong, I usually am really fond of his "not harm any woman" code (especially after looking at our many, many real-life societal gender imbalances that disfavor women), but in this case he was risking letting Robin (a woman) be killed/taken away by not breaking his code just once to fight Kalifa.

So his honor code was endangering a woman's life, therefore going against what he values the most.

I agree about Eseseso's points, but Sanji has a background of watching his psychopathic brothers casually beat up defenceless women, and was also raised to be a gentleman at the Baratie, so he is not being inflexible because he is a bad person, but because he is a bit of an idiot in this regard.

I agree about Eseseso's points, but Sanji has a background of watching his psychopathic brothers casually beat up defenceless women, and was also raised to be a gentleman at the Baratie, so he is not being inflexible because he is a bad person, but because he is a bit of an idiot in this regard.
That's a really good take on it, and I agree.
That's a h e e e l l no from me, I want him to get the bellamy treatment, it'd be cathartic af. Showing how much Luffy has grown that these mfs are fodder.
I also agree with this.

This comment in yesterday's Tekking vid I think makes lots of sense:

"Adding chromium to a steel allow is what makes stainless steel, an essential in surgery. i mean, maybe that's what Oda is going for there? He adds 'chrome' to his steel sword to improve his surgery?"
-David Wilson

This is in reference to the fact that Kroom is supposedly pronounced as Chrome (as in Chromium).

It's understandable that Sanji's childhood would make him not want to hurt women, but I still got frustrated that he was potentially endangering Robin's wife by allowing Kalifa to keep him from fighting.

He even made her f*cking tea. Like Jesus Christ, just try escaping her or painlessly hitting a pressure point or something!

He's as frustrating as Tashigi is whenever she is in denial of the WG's wrongdoings. Smoker also does it but to a MUCH lesser extent, so he gets a pass. And he also influenced Fujitora, so that's a plus.

Big Mom's new ability to shave off a year and get stronger goes hand in hand with the fact that Luffy both told her and Katakuri that he'll beat her AFTER Kaido. Maybe Kaido is the strongest currently, but who says shaving off more than a few years wouldn't make her stronger- to pose a threat during either Elbaf or WCI 2.0
I'm glad we're getting another info dump about awakening than just what Doflamingo said, though.

Wait.. Does her new ability take into account the EXTRA lifespans she has? If so that's broken- she can theoretically spend dozens and still not have a drawback on her own original lifespan-

Wait.. Does her new ability take into account the EXTRA lifespans she has? If so that's broken- she can theoretically spend dozens and still not have a drawback on her own original lifespan-
I mean, yeah, if she takes other's lifespans, it becomes hers I'd imagine. She has like, 1000 years to live, so it's really inconsequential

I mean, yeah, if she takes other's lifespans, it becomes hers I'd imagine. She has like, 1000 years to live, so it's really inconsequential
Depending on how much stronger she gets from ONE year, there's a chance each year is a multiplier of some sort.
Big Mom can easily be a god tier if she decided to spend enough years- jesus.. Maybe Oda saying '' A mother is the strongest living being in the world, even stronger than Kaidou!! '' was just foreshadowing after all.

Reminds me of a certain gun-slinging vampire...

Depending on how much stronger she gets from ONE year, there's a chance each year is a multiplier of some sort.
Big Mom can easily be a god tier if she decided to spend enough years- jesus.. Maybe Oda saying '' A mother is the strongest living being in the world, even stronger than Kaidou!! '' was just foreshadowing after all.
Well, shit with how many lifespans she got ON SCREEN ALONE, we might be looking at potentially 6-A Big Mom. But we'd need some kind of confirmation on how much stronger she gets.

Well, shit with how many lifespans she got ON SCREEN ALONE, we might be looking at potentially 6-A Big Mom. But we'd need some kind of confirmation on how much stronger she gets.
40 years off Moscato
50 years off Pedro
And Totland's citizens give a bit of their lifespan as payment. I do not recall how many, but if it's a year each, we're looking at at least a thousand from the citizens-

Edited: Pound says she gets one year for every 6 citizens. We're still looking at hundreds if Totland's population is above thousand

I'm confused... has it ever been said that bigmom uses stolen lifespan on itself? I don't believe that a fruit with this particularity would receive a new ability of this type

Big Mom basically now has the Kaio-ken.

Gain power in exchange for life force.

Aka, the life orb item from Pokemon (ah, the nostalgia).

Honestly, the jokes I can make are endless.

I remember when people claimed Shiryu wasn't the No.2 of the blackbeard pirates because Burgess had the no.1 ship.
IPdfQ8n.png

CP-0 finally strike! But I still seriously doubt Robin's gonna get captured by them, and it's great that Robin and Brook are finally about to fight some Cipher Pol agents. Even Jinbe's opponent this arc was a former one.

Interesting new ability by Big Mom. So is that her Awakening?

So Sanji asks Zoro to kill him if he goes insane? Zoro really is the brother he always wanted. Also, Zoro had a den-den mushi on him this entire time? It's amazing its still functioning after everything he's been through lol.

I already knew Drake would turn down Apoo, so no surprise there.

Since these new three Numbers look stronger than the rest, it'll be interesting to see if this Number Fuga will be able to do anything against Yamato or just instantly one-shotted.

Last edited:
I'm confused... has it ever been said that bigmom uses stolen lifespan on itself? I don't believe that a fruit with this particularity would receive a new ability of this type
One of Puddin's techniques, "Flashback", brings back the memories of several homies. And the memory of their souls belongs to people that have nothing to do with Big Mom and have their own life experience.
So it's safe to assume the stolen lifespan/Souls are used for homies and herself, with the current implication that she not only gave herself strength with that 1 year, but a lot of other homies gained life.

Last edited:
I think that Big Mom would look considerably younger if she could add to her lifespan with that of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back