• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1021: "Demonio" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Not sure if the spoils are legit, but if so, Robin's DF probably gets illusions, and we get to see what an adult Momo looks like, smh.

@KingTempest - Probably DF related tho, prolly not Haki.

Not sure if the spoils are legit, but if so, Robin's DF probably gets illusions, and we get to see what an adult Momo looks like, smh.

@KingTempest - Probably DF related tho, prolly not Haki.
I saw a bunch of spoilers offsite that said she used Haki. If she was talking to Sabo, a potent Haki user, it makes sense

9aioASy.png

Also keep in mind, that scene where Law asked Luffy who else can deal with Ceaser Clown. He said "You, Me, Sanji and Zoro", so this pretty much confirms he used Koka against Daifuku

Or it's a stupidly small panel and we can only see the outline of his body.
Admittedly, it's a very small panel. However; the colored, normal and anime version emphasized he used Koka. You might as well using the Anime version as a legitimate justification for Sanji using Koka, which I personally think doesn't contradict the Manga at all

Admittedly, it's a very small panel. However; the colored, normal and anime version emphasized he used Koka. You might as well using the Anime version as a legitimate justification for Sanji using Koka, which I personally think doesn't contradict the Manga at all
I don't think the colored or black and white versions of the manga show that, the anime already constantly shows Sanji with koka so the legitimacy is dubious.

If oda intended for him to have it I'm sure it would be more clear like with every other character in the series he's shown using it.

I don't think the colored or black and white versions of the manga show that, the anime already constantly shows Sanji with koka so the legitimacy is dubious.

If oda intended for him to have it I'm sure it would be more clear like with every other character in the series he's shown using it.
They do though, I already posted the (zoomed version). You can see that Sanji's waist and upper body are completely white, the only thing that's black is his foot - kick, which he used to block the Genie's sword (the sharp side too, by the way).

I am specifically talking about this particular scene/event, not the whole arc or Wano Kuni as a whole. I'm painfully well aware that the Anime tends to add unnecessary things for drama effects, etc etc. However, claiming that this scene is inaccurate just because it's the anime version is simply wrong when all three versions are practically the same.

They do though, I already posted the (zoomed version). You can see that Sanji's waist and upper body are completely white, the only thing that's black is his foot - kick, which he used to block the Genie's sword (the sharp side too, by the way).
I'm looking at it, It just looks like his outline being close because the panel is so small, we even see his other leg which isn't making contact is black, is he using hardening on that foot as well?

Check the colored
1NrVQBA.png
I checked all three versions the first time you asked me that question. The only confusing thing is that his second leg turned black too. But, we could assume he used hardening on both legs unless you are going to argue he wasn't attempting to use the other one if his first kick fails. Furthermore, if you look closer at Sanji's leg (the half of it turned black aka shoes, and the other half remained white)

I seriously blame Oda for this ridiculously small panel

Although, you could say the "Anime version did something better for once", therefore shouldn't be simply dismissed outright

If it wasn't for the fact that Sanji was already heavily damaged before fighting Vergo because of Nami tanking an explosion In his body, he would have won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back