• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1017: Order (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the future for a Who's Who profile, he gets

Transformation A, Transformation B, Natural Weaponry, All the Rokushiki techniques, his skill will be compared to Lucci, stupidly good recovery, etc.

So in the future for a Who's Who profile, he gets

Transformation A, Transformation B, Natural Weaponry, All the Rokushiki techniques, his skill will be compared to Lucci, stupidly good recovery, etc.
Is his tooth shockwave meant to be a variation on the Rokuougan?

Is it bad that I want Jinbe to just destroy WW
Long post trying to make Who's Who look bad.

pt-720x360-5f5562.png

Is his tooth shockwave meant to be a variation on the Rokuougan?
I think it's a combination of Shigan and Rankyaku... otherwise just Rankyaku... with the mouth.

More-so just me trying to hype up Jinbe. I acknowledge Who's Who as being strong enough to potentially threaten one of the Lead Performers at the end of the day, but with what I perceived Jinbe doing in response to all of WW's attacks, I genuinely think Jinbe's a couple steps ahead of him.

Last edited:
Damn, my two favorite fights so far didn't get a single panel this chapter.

Also, am i the only one who thought Queen used Haoshoku to KO Tama?

Now if only Oda would start showing some of Robin vs. Black Maria's battle. It's been 12 chapters since it started and we haven't gotten even a few scenes of the battle like we did with all the other Straw Hats vs. Tobi Roppo battles. Hopefully when Oda finally decides it's worth his time to work on the fight, he gives Black Maria an interesting backstory as well. Like her past somehow being connected to Robin's to give her another reason to want to personally capture her besides just wanting to do it for Kaido. Speaking of Black Maria, I'm starting to wonder if maybe the current form she's in isn't a weird Hybrid form like I first thought, but actually a weird 'Half-Zoan' form, hence the spider face on her lower body. I mean, thinking about it it made no sense for Oda to reveal her Hybrid form in Chapter 998 during the reveal of her Devil Fruit's name while he did the same with Who's Who and Sasaki, but only had them transform into their full beast forms. So now I really want to see her actual Hybrid form, and hopefully it isn't a disappointment like Queen's.

Last edited:
I think she just fainted from fright.
Yeah it wasn't haoshoku i know, but it really looked like one to me for a moment.

Speaking of Black Maria, I'm starting to wonder if maybe the current form she's in isn't a weird Hybrid form like I first thought, but actually a weird 'Half-Zoan' form, hence the spider face on her lower body.
Onigumo also has a strange hybrid form, i think the best explanation is that Oda doesn't like the idea of humans with 8 eyes and things like that (iirc there is another zoan with a strange "half-zoan" form, but it's an insect).

Yeah it wasn't haoshoku i know, but it really looked like one to me for a moment.

Onigumo also has a strange hybrid form, i think the best explanation is that Oda doesn't like the idea of humans with 8 eyes and things like that (iirc there is another zoan with a strange "half-zoan" form, but it's an insect).
I forgot all about Onigumo and his Hybrid form. I hope Oda makes Black Maria's real hybrid form a lot more badass than Onigumo's.

@RoronoaxRobin - I believe that since all the notable fights have been set up (as of Sanji engaging Queen), we are now going to begin focusing on each of the fights 1 by 1 similarly to how Enies Lobby (and even Alabasta) did... just on a larger scale.

Since Jinbe and Who's Who is clearly being focused on first, I think it's guaranteed that fight will end first. It's also implied Franky and/or Inuarashi's fights might also get focused on very soon since they appeared in this chapter, and the only thing really hindering either of them from properly fighting their opponent is the random fodder constantly interfering.

We got several fights to go over, Jinbe vs WW, Robin/Brook vs BMaria, Killer vs Hawkins, Sanji (Possibly Zoro too) vs Queen, Marco vs King (which I think will remain off-panel unless Marco loses), Franky vs Sasaki, Drake vs Apoo, and the Yonko fights.

Here's how I expect it to go tbh:
  • Fight A concludes (Jinbe vs WW)
  • We see Luffy wake up after H Pirates help him recover.
  • Fight B concludes
  • Luffy is running around, and figures out where Kaido is.
  • Fight C concludes
  • Kaido up to no good and lowers ally morale, but Luffy steps in. Luffy vs Kaido final fight officially starts.
  • Fight D concludes
  • Characters who have won their battles go to aid others.
  • Pen-ultimate fight (possibly Sanji + Zoro... or Marco's fights) begins.
  • Fight E concludes
  • Fight F concludes
  • Luffy vs Kaido ramps up.
  • Pen-ultimate fight (G) concludes
  • Kaido loses some morale but also experiences joy in finding a worthy death, and continues fighting until his defeat via Luffy using a new technique (or simply Gear 4th + Ryuo + Haoshoku)
  • Big Mom screws off.

Big Mom is a cannibalistic tyrannical psychopath. I would not be satisfied if she is allowed to get away. I would prefer if she and Kaido are both killed in battle.

Before that happens, her own crew might show up and help out in the late fight though, Smoothie in particular.

Big Mom is a cannibalistic tyrannical psychopath. I would not be satisfied if she is allowed to get away. I would prefer if she and Kaido are both killed in battle.

Before that happens, her own crew might show up and help out in the late fight though, Smoothie in particular.
Indeed, Big Mom is a terrible person with a very twisted mind. However, a villain as notable as her should not be defeated or killed off in an arc focusing on a different Yonko.

Her time will come if the crew happens to go to Elbaf in the near future.

When Luffy talked with her in the city of the sea people, she seemed to eat other people gratuitiously if I remember correctly.

@RoronoaxRobin - I believe that since all the notable fights have been set up (as of Sanji engaging Queen), we are now going to begin focusing on each of the fights 1 by 1 similarly to how Enies Lobby (and even Alabasta) did... just on a larger scale.

Since Jinbe and Who's Who is clearly being focused on first, I think it's guaranteed that fight will end first. It's also implied Franky and/or Inuarashi's fights might also get focused on very soon since they appeared in this chapter, and the only thing really hindering either of them from properly fighting their opponent is the random fodder constantly interfering.

We got several fights to go over, Jinbe vs WW, Robin/Brook vs BMaria, Killer vs Hawkins, Sanji (Possibly Zoro too) vs Queen, Marco vs King (which I think will remain off-panel unless Marco loses), Franky vs Sasaki, Drake vs Apoo, and the Yonko fights.

Here's how I expect it to go tbh:
  • We see Luffy wake up after H Pirates help him recover.
  • Fight B concludes
  • Luffy is running around, and figures out where Kaido is.
  • Fight C concludes
  • Kaido up to no good and lowers ally morale, but Luffy steps in. Luffy vs Kaido final fight officially starts.
  • Fight D concludes
  • Characters who have won their battles go to aid others.
  • Pen-ultimate fight (possibly Sanji + Zoro... or Marco's fights) begins.
  • Fight E concludes
  • Fight F concludes
  • Luffy vs Kaido ramps up.
  • Pen-ultimate fight (G) concludes
  • Kaido loses some morale but also experiences joy in finding a worthy death, and continues fighting until his defeat via Luffy using a new technique (or simply Gear 4th + Ryuo + Haoshoku)
  • Big Mom screws off.
Yeah, I can see things more or less going that way.

Now if only Oda would start showing some of Robin vs. Black Maria's battle
Oda striped her of her top. Safe to say that battle will be off paneled. Also I think it will be the first to end due to beign a 2-1 going on for some time now.

HARD DISAGREE. Unless Jinbe is assisted by a scabbard I see his battle outlasting everyone's bar Kaido. The combatants are too strong to loose so quickly.
Big Mom is a cannibalistic tyrannical psychopath
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel ;)

Her time will come if the crew happens to go to Elbaf in the near future.
Nah I cannot stand another 40-50 chaps of her. Oda has given her more than enough abilities and flushed out her psyche. Kaido can kill her when she betrays him and then we can move on to Marineford 2.0 followed by Elbaf: Shanks Arc.

and then usopp shows her his dominance by T-posing. (and being a brave warrior of the sea of course too)
Yes, I expect Usopp bonding with the Elbaf community by talking about how much he respects them from his past experiences with giant warriors.

Usopp bonding with the giants is ultimately what allows Luffy to defeat Big Mom for good, and giving her a humiliating end.

HARD DISAGREE. Unless Jinbe is assisted by a scabbard I see his battle outlasting everyone's bar Kaido. The combatants are too strong to loose so quickly.
I think Jinbe will defeat WW first for a couple reasons, but don't think I mean it will be a 2-3 chapter affair. I think it will have 2 segments with the last being after we jump to an watch another fight going on (+ development with Kaido):

1) The gap between WW and Jinbe (if we're assuming Jinbe to be relative to the Commanders of WB's crew) is at least a little bigger than the gaps between each of the other match-ups, except maybe Robin + Brook vs Maria (since we can assume Robin is probably equal, and Brook comparable if not slightly weaker), so Maria would be fighting 2 near-equal opponents, so I could except that to be before this one.

2)WW is monologuing, and we might get a flash-back, so i expect this to be a red-flag for WW, since we're getting development on him

Don't know if this was brought up before, but doesn't Queen's cyborg arm in his hybrid form look almost exactly like Z's battle smasher? It makes sense if they're virtually the same, but I think it's interesting none the less.

Don't know if this was brought up before, but doesn't Queen's cyborg arm in his hybrid form look almost exactly like Z's battle smasher? It makes sense if they're virtually the same, but I think it's interesting none the less.
oooo, since Z left the marines, he probably hired Queen to make him his arm since he obviously could not have the marines craft him something since they'd be like "uh... we can't do that since you're pretty much a citizen now, you know?"

1) The gap between WW and Jinbe (if we're assuming Jinbe to be relative to the Commanders of WB's crew) is at least a little bigger than the gaps between each of the other match-ups
you mean the 30,000x difference VS the 0.5x difference? if that is a little bigger what do you call a lot bigger?

yea, I am not going by our current profiles here when we have lots of recent feats.

Official release is out. Jinbe's phrasing on page 15 seems to hint that Tekkai is actually some form of usage of Armament Haki or he's just making a comparison to Tekkai. Not enough confirmation yet.

you mean the 30,000x difference VS the 0.5x difference? if that is a little bigger what do you call a lot bigger?

yea, I am not going by our current profiles here when we have lots of recent feats.
I'm just saying in terms of the plot itself, we do see that Commanders like Marco/Jozu/Ace can hold their own against Admirals if necessary, and Marco even went against Big Mom for a few moments.

Obviously the profiles aren't reliable or canon information. They're made exclusively with the observations made by the people who make and edit the profile, not the actual author.

Official release is out. Jinbe's phrasing on page 15 seems to hint that Tekkai is actually some form of usage of Armament Haki or he's just making a comparison to Tekkai. Not enough confirmation yet.
I believe Jinbe saying " 'Iron Body', right?" is him making a half-hearted joke towards WW, since he just realized the use of Rokushiki.

But yes, Haki and Rokushiki seem to function similarly and may actually be the same thing. Rokushiki is definitely several branches of how one can manipulate Haki to affect the body.
  • Tekkai could be blatant Busoshoku, but it's inferior since it basically locks the whole body in place (except for masters like Jabra)
  • Geppou could be merely enhancing the legs enough to contain power to leap off the air. We do hear Sanji say that the ability is taxing, and was worried Nami's body would not be able to handle it.
  • Kami-e affects the proportion of the body, probably allowing some form of limited "soul manipulation" to themselves, warping their soul to be any shape they need it to be at the time (And enhancing their body, like with Seimei Kikan). It's like how Moriah manipulates shadows to change the shape of a zombie.
  • Shigan is merely an enhanced finger/pointed weapon and can be emitted... like emission Haki.
  • Rankyaku sends out the user's kick as a blade of powerful (sometimes depicted invisible) force. This can also be a different use of emission Haki.
  • Soru is a technique where the user kicks off the ground at least 10 times instantly to travel at FTE speeds.
These abilities can even be mish-mashed.

It does seem very likely that Rokushiki is just comprised of physical-power-focused Busoshoku Haki abilities. Perhaps they are all at a more "Basic" level of Haki, but with how some of the abilities function, I doubt it's that simple.

Last edited:
I'm just saying in terms of the plot itself, we do see that Commanders like Marco/Jozu/Ace can hold their own against Admirals if necessary, and Marco even went against Big Mom for a few moments.

Obviously the profiles aren't reliable or canon information. They're made exclusively with the observations made by the people who make and edit the profile, not the actual author.
I still do not see how you can think Jinbe is so many many many times stronger than Who's Who with a straight face. ¯\(ツ)

I believe Jinbe saying " 'Iron Body', right?" is him making a half-hearted joke towards WW, since he just realized the use of Rokushiki.
Jinbei says "Ive never seen those 6 powers before" so he is only speculating on what he is seeing and joking that he shold give armament defense a fancy name.

On topic of HakixRokushiki . . . I do not see it. The air pressure certainly looks like emission but it and Tekka are just plainly inferior to BH. I like the Martial arts Oda introduced through CP9 but they have been made antiques of the New World.

That said Geppo and Kami-e still have great general usage for high tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back