• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1014: "The life of the actor" (Official Release)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Pretty cool how he can last an hour in that form now instead of just three minutes. Makes me wonder how insane other zoans would be if they entered their own version of monster point, for example Kaido.

It's cool Chopper can fight much longer in Monster Point form now, but unless the extended time gives him a big strength boost, I don't see him doing too well against a Yonko Commander. So I seriously doubt he's stronger than Jinbe, though Franky is debatable. And that note on WorstGen about the Korean Leaker leaving a lot of things out of the spoilers is very interesting, hopefully that means we're gonna see how the fights with the other Straw Hats are progressing this chapter.

Last edited:
Tbh Luffy's L hits hard especially with Kaido knocking the dog shit out of him 3 separate times already.

Do we have any idea on how long they fought so we can have a rating for base Luffy?

Franky Got One Shoted By Elephant Gun but with Chopper body, Chopper tanking Mama Slaps on Guard Poin with with Same Body but still Alive, isn't Chopper blocks Mama Sword in the Anime?
7-A+ Chopper is Waiting.

So Luffy lost because his haki ran out and not because Kaido straight up beat him? I almost feel embarrassed for the people who've been trashing Luffy since last week lol. And thanks to Caesar, Chopper's new time limit in Monster Pint isn't an hour, but 30 minutes. Earlier I had misread it as 10 minutes lol. It'll be interesting to see what these 'risks' are that Caesar mentioned to Chopper.

Last edited:
@LordGinSama - With Haoshoku, yes. Base w/out Haoshoku, nah. We have to assume during those dozens of minutes, Luffy was constantly using Haoshoku against Kaido until it ran out. We obviously don't know how he was defeated yet, but we know Luffy can maintain his Haki for dozens of minutes in excess before becoming fatigued.

Funny thing is that it appears: Base + Haoshoku Luffy > Gear 4th BM Luffy... at least against Kaido.

Damn, honestly I didnt think Kaido saying “What was it? Gomu Gomu no Mi? Wororo” seemed like Luffy specifically lost due to losing Haki, I could definitely be wrong and forgetting something plus it could be further confirmed but to me that more seemed like Kaido laughing about what Luffy says when he attacks.

Kaido is definitely taking a victory lap rn.

Overall good chapter imo, continued to show off the SHs unwavering faith in their Captain.

We got confirmation that Luffy's bounty is higher than whatever Marco's is this chapter.
Indeed, i always thought his bounty would be closer to Teach's (i.e 2 billions at least) but now we know it's not even equal to Luffy's. Also, i am nearly sure his bounty is above Queen's but it may be lower than King's, cruelty helps raising one's bounty a lot and Kaido's crew uses it way more than Newgate's crew as far as we know.

So, if Marco has a lower bounty than Luffy's, this means that Queen's bounty is not far at all from Marco's one.
I feel bad for Katakuri, ha barely has bounty higher than Jack.
Is it possible for Queen to be stronger than Katakuri?
Also, do you think Monster Chopper surpassed Franky and Jinbe?

So, if Marco has a lower bounty than Luffy's, this means that Queen's bounty is not far at all from Marco's one.
I feel bad for Katakuri, ha barely has bounty higher than Jack.
Is it possible for Queen to be stronger than Katakuri?
Also, do you think Monster Chopper surpassed Franky and Jinbe?
Queen stronger than Katakuri, dunno about speed. I think Monster Point Chopper is above Franky & Jinbe.

Last edited:
Back