• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1012: "Itching" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
On Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Brief summary thanks to Redon- - Chapter starts with the red scabbards moving together - Kiku says she will take care of Kanjuurou. Izou is worried about Kiku's arm.
Injured Kiku vs Kanjuro
- Nekomamushi meets Shishilian who tells him that Pedro has died. They also tell him that his murderer is on the island and they go after him.
Nekomamushi and Shishilian are together
- Momonosuke says there are 2 voices on the roof. - Sanji takes Zoro with him ,who is injured. - Kawamatsu and Izou join Sanji.
Kawamatsu, Izo, Sanji, and Zoro are together
- Page One has fallen, Ulti tries to attack Big Mom.
Page One is out of the battle
- Komachiyo falls, Ulti hits Tama. - Big Mom is enraged at Ulti for hitting her friend.
Big Mom loves kids
- However, the one who attacks Ulti is Nami. Usopp: "Wait a minute, Nami. We have to run !!" Nami: "No. I can't take it anymore. Someone who hits a child ... !! I'm going to finish her right here !!!"
Nami vs Ulti

I still wonder if Sanji will do anything particularly useful, or if he will end up with the lowest Strawhat bounty after all of this.

Kawamatsu who is friends with Onimaru, Izo who was born in Ringo & Zoro from Shimotsuki village. Maybe potential Shimotsuki stuff coming soon.
Please explain further.
The Shimotsuki family is the family that includes Yasuie (RIP), Toko, Ushimaru (The final Daimyo of Ringo), Koushirou and Kuina (Zoro's Sensei and Rival respectively) and Ryuma (Wano's Sword God, the owner of Shisui).

Orochi was their servant prior to his rise of power, same as Onimaru, the swordsman/dog who fought Zoro and took Shisui from him.

They originated from Ringo, where Izo and Kiku were born. Kawamatsu and Onimaru (a servant of the Shimotsuki family) were great friends. Zoro's sensei has blood ties to Ringo. 2 scabbards and 1 out of country swordsman with origins from Ringo are all staying together.

Ringo is the place where Zoro fought Killer/Kamazo and Onimaru. It's where all the samurai's weapons originate from as well.

Emin is basically saying that they might have conversations about Ringo, and I hypothesize that they might bring up Koushirou.

Last edited:
The Shimotsuki family is the family that includes Yasuie (RIP), Toko, Ushimaru (The final Daimyo of Ringo), Koushirou and Kuina (Zoro's Sensei and Rival respectively) and Ryuma (Wano's Sword God, the owner of Shisui).

Orochi was their servant prior to his rise of power, same as Onimaru, the swordsman/dog who fought Zoro and took Shisui from him.

They originated from Ringo, where Izo and Kiku were born. Kawamatsu and Onimaru (a servant of the Shimotsuki family) were great friends. Zoro's sensei has blood ties to Ringo. 2 scabbards and 1 out of country swordsman with origins from Ringo are all staying together.

Ringo is the place where Zoro fought Killer/Kamazo and Onimaru. It's where all the samurai's weapons originate from as well.

Emin is basically saying that they might have conversations about Ringo, and I hypothesize that they might bring up Koushirou.
Possible Zoro backstory hype

I'm more interested in what Oda was insinuating in his SBS about Zoro's lineage:

"To put it in other words, who Zoro meant by "a geezer in his village" that he met was actually grandpa Shimotsuki Kozaburo-san himself, who comes from the Wano Country. Oh? Then could that mean...Zoro's lineage...?! Well, the story of Shimotsuki Kozaburo, the samurai who founded Shimotsuki Village, is all I'm willing to share today!"

I'm more interested in what Oda was insinuating in his SBS about Zoro's lineage:

"To put it in other words, who Zoro meant by "a geezer in his village" that he met was actually grandpa Shimotsuki Kozaburo-san himself, who comes from the Wano Country. Oh? Then could that mean...Zoro's lineage...?! Well, the story of Shimotsuki Kozaburo, the samurai who founded Shimotsuki Village, is all I'm willing to share today!"
Yeah ... There have been too many hints peppered throughout this arc. There is bound to be a payoff

well except if nami know that zeus is heading toward here, she shouldn't know he here so the atk she want to do at ulti seem whitout zeus

We don't know if Nami's attack on Ulti actually did damage (yet), but either way, it was a lightning attack. We know Zeus saw Big Mom, and is on the way. Big Mom might introduce Hera to Zeus and inform him that he has been useless, thus no longer needed. Zeus will voluntarily go to Nami, who would probably be getting her ass kicked by Ulti, and they will defeat her together.
----

To discuss the spoilers:

Yamato separated from Shinobu and Momonosuke (using a dummy of Momo as a distraction), so I fully expect at least one of the Scabbards to see Yamato, think she is holding Momo hostage, and attack her--leading to an "I am Oden" gag yet again. It will most likely be Kin'emon (and Kiku) since he is the one that decided to go find and protect Momo alone.
  • Considering Yamato knows Luffy might need help against Kaido, I am really hoping for a 2-on-1 battle between Yamato + Luffy vs Kaido. It would be incredible to see Yamato providing support for Ace's little brother while also defying her father for the Kozuki.
  • Kiku keeps saying she will be the one to defeat and kill Kanjuro, but this doesn't bode well for me. She is crippled and Kanjuro is a very capable combatant (and tricky at that). I expect Kin'emon to still be the one to take him on.
Nekomamushi vs Perospero hype, though I do not expect it to be a fight--mostly just Neko beating the crap out of Pero the moment they make contact. I doubt Perospero is at that level.

I wonder what Momonosuke is going to read in Oden's journal... A small part of me is expecting Momo to try and shout out the contents of the journal to Luffy after the battle--including the location of the One Piece only to get punched in the face (leading the Straw-Hat crew to make a swift exit out of Wano since the Samurai would not take kindly to this in a gag scene).

Law and Kid are probably both going to have to work on stalling Big Mom--if not getting her out of the fight all together.

I find it precious how Sanji is left to take care of and protect Zoro. It's great to see how both of them are confident in Luffy's ability to win.

Nami really tried to pull a fast one on both Big Mom and Ulti, and I'm glad neither fell for it. It's hilarious that Ulti thinks she can take down Big Mom. I really want to see the panel where Ulti and Big Mom stand off, lol.

Nami's definitely gonna need Zeus to beat Ulti. Ulti could easily take down Nami and Usopp at once with the way they are currently.

People can take attacks from Enel and Zeus. Scaling Nami to her is the simplest thing we can do
I mean Nami doesnt seem like she scales fully physically, tho maybe this new chapter shows different (Havnt read it yet). Her Lightning definitely scales tho.

Not going to lie, this chapter was kind of blah this time around IMHO. It did what it was supposed to do as a transition chapter focusing largely on the where abouts of many characters and Kinemon's decision to split the group up to strengthen the alliance.

Cat VS Candy-man: Poor guy cannot catch a break. He should sue Oda for discrimination against the disabled.​
Kiku Vs Kanjuro: I don't know if its in the cards. Could end up facing Yamato at this point. She is literally the only one who wanted to split off and Kinemon mad her the only one that has to follow him instead. ¯\(ツ)/¯​
Denjiro/Kami/Iko will I guess face Whos'Who/Sasaki/Apoo . . . . ???​
Sanji is hinted at going to the live floor (ie King & Queen VS Marco, Chopper, Flower, and foot soldiers)​
But who knows for sure with Oda, he likes to keep us on our toes.​

I didn't really care for the Ulti part.

Honestly best part of this week for me was seeing Kidd's pet :love:

Cat VS Candy-man: Poor guy cannot catch a break. He should sue Oda for discrimination against the disabled.
Both Nekomamushi and Perospero are similarly disabled
Honestly best part of this week for me was seeing Kidd's pet :love:
Such a precocious moment. Loved it

Also BTW, the global One Piece popularity poll is out : Luffy > Zoro > Nami > Sanji > Shanks > Robin > Boa > Carrot > Ace > Sabo

Notable region-wise result : Aussies' top 5 are Nami, Robin, Yamato, Carrot and Zoro. In fact, Nami finished on top in more regions (3, I believe) than Zoro (2)

Last edited:
I hope that Sanji will be able to make himself useful somehow by helping to fight against King and Queen together with monster form Chopper, while Marco heals Zoro.

I also hope that Yamato will help Luffy get an edge against Kaido, and then joins the Straw Hat crew.

Last edited:
Finally got to read 1012, really enjoyed it.

So hyped for Yamato and Luffy vs Kaido, I think it will produce some awesome character moments.

Nami hype in the chat bois.

My favourite part is definitely seeing the SHs unwavering Fairth in their Captain, really brings me joy to see.

image0.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back