• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1008: "Leader of the Bandits of Atamayama, Ashura Douji" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, as long as he is driven out of Wano none of that went to waste, the main goal was never specifically killing Kaido (Tho they where obviously going to try) for them as far as I remember it was to push the Beast Pirates out and reopen Wano.

So long as that last part “Push the Beast Pirates out and reopen Wano” happens none of their lives where wasted.

Also I call bs on the Scabbards lives being wasted by that in the first place, not one of them is dead besides possibly Ashura which lets be honest hes probably alive, if most or at least some of them died then sure but since they are all still kicking they could technically heal up and go at it again if they really wanted to.

If they kill Kawamatsu I'm never watching OP again, the only damn scabbard that I like

And Oda needs to elaborate on Izo more. He was on the WB Pirates since his youth, he was a side char at the Paramount War, now he knocked King's sword out of his hand and wounded Kaido with bullets? Yeah imma need more of Izo.

And why didn't he use that Haki in the Paramount war, he would've been sniping the admirals

Personally Kaido is one of my favourite villains cause hes just that, an actual legitimate villain without the usual sob story but with some character depth to make him more than just evil and strong.
Just wait, the FlaXebec will happen.

But I want him to die badly. If he lives until the next arc imma be pissed.
If he lives, the scabbards' lives went to waste, Oden's life went to waste, Toki's power went to waste, all of that.
Doffy is alive and i don't think Cora wasted his life.

As expected, Orochi's return indicates the existence of a now neutral-evil force that's going to just cause issues for everybody.
I thought CP0 was already having this role? Sure they have yet to move, but i think their presence alone is an issue to everyone.

Anyway, it seems someone was behind Shinobu, probably Sanji, it's important to note that Momonosuke is the most important piece for Wano's future, and Sanji has no idea about who "Yamato-sama" is, he also protected Momo previously (in 988 iirc), and i really doubt someone other than Sanji would have observation haki good enough to know how Luffy was at the top and for some reason be there with Shinobu. Also, Inu deserves to beat the shit out of Jack way more than any other character.

image0.png

Finally got to read it, really enjoyed the chapter.

Ashura is definitely my first or second favourite Scabbard at this point, love Yamato hope they join the crew also nice little feat from Momo.

Its noce to see them acknowledge that they cant beat Mama AND Kaido together so they have to seperate them, I also enjoyed Kaido given Luffy some kudos for his Fire/Will.

Last edited:
I really doubt it was Momo.
It was Momonosuke. He sensed that Luffy was weakening, but fine. He has the ability to hear the voice of all things just like Luffy.

Generally in One Piece if you don’t see the body chances are their not dead.
We do see Ashura's body partially after the explosion. I don't know if he is dead, but if not, I'm not going to be surprised, but still be very annoyed. He just suffered injuries from Kaido, got fully stabbed through the chest, then stabbed twice in the back, and took a point-blank explosion charring his entire body. If he survived, that's just ridiculous. Stakes are low enough right now. The only threat at this point is "Can Luffy and Co. stop Kaido before the Flower Capital is destroyed? :eek:"

I thought CP0 was already having this role? Sure they have yet to move, but i think their presence alone is an issue to everyone.

Anyway, it seems someone was behind Shinobu, probably Sanji, it's important to note that Momonosuke is the most important piece for Wano's future, and Sanji has no idea about who "Yamato-sama" is, he also protected Momo previously (in 988 iirc), and i really doubt someone other than Sanji would have observation haki good enough to know how Luffy was at the top and for some reason be there with Shinobu. Also, Inu deserves to beat the shit out of Jack way more than any other character.
CP0 might not make a move unless it's for Momonosuke. They have no other reason to put themselves in danger (unless the battle is settled and the succeeding force is weakened severely to the point where CP0 thinks they can take everyone out). As long as the battle is still going on, everyone except Yamato/Shinobu/Momo should be fine.

No one was behind Shinobu.

Yes. Momo has some extremely high level observation haki that only Gold Roger, Oden and Luffy have demonstrated that we know of. They can hear Zunisha for example, unless I misremember.

Of course, Shirahoshi seems to have the highest form of haki, since she can control the sea kings.

As of right now the VoaTs and Shirahoshi are not considered as part of Haki and instead seperate abilities afaik, it could be a thing but as of right now they are seperate and them being Haki is headcannon.

We know Shirahoshi’s due due to her position as the Ancient Weapon Posidon.

It was Momonosuke. He sensed that Luffy was weakening, but fine. He has the ability to hear the voice of all things just like Luffy.
No one was behind Shinobu.
I know he has the voice of all things, but his face and reaction in the bottom left panel is a bit strange... he does not seem like he just said "Luffy is fine", it seems (at least to me and my headcannon) a reaction of "i didn't say anything" or something like that.

(unless the battle is settled and the succeeding force is weakened severely to the point where CP0 thinks they can take everyone out).
Yes that was my point, they are a powerful force that may attack the winner after the battle ends since they don't have sides here, they are even more neutral, powerful and intelligent than Orochi afaik. I mean, i think we are both right, Orochi is a third force that is trying to defeat the others while CP0 is a neutral force that can act in whatever way they want, different types of neutral i guess.

Momonosuke simply said he knows Luffy is worn out, but in high spirits. Shinobu was relieved, but then wondered how Momonosuke even knew. Momo just responds with "Um?!" due to the fact that he doesn't really know how to explain the power he possesses. Luffy doesn't understand the VoAT either, so obviously Momo wouldn't really understand it or even Kenbun Haki in general.

If it were Sanji, why didn't we see him? How would Shinobu mistake a child's voice for a grown man?

Momentarily off-topic, but am I allowed to make a Content Revision thread for One Piece now (relating to topics I've been wanting to cover)? I don't know what was going on earlier in regards to only "one CRT per verse at a time", so I thought it necessary to ask lol.

Momentarily off-topic, but am I allowed to make a Content Revision thread for One Piece now (relating to topics I've been wanting to cover)? I don't know what was going on earlier in regards to only "one CRT per verse at a time", so I thought it necessary to ask lol.
Speaking of CRTs what is your opinion on the Country level CRT for Admirals, Blackbeard, and Whitebeard top commanders (based on BB's quake calcs) ?

Speaking of CRTs what is your opinion on the Country level CRT for Admirals, Blackbeard, and Whitebeard top commanders (based on BB's quake calcs) ?
As long as they are scaling from BB and NOT WB, that's fine. I already thought it reasonable for the Admirals to scale a fraction to WB in terms of raw power, so the fact they scale above BB (who was worried about Akainu), is fine.

However, there's several issues that I think are present. I pretty much want to talk about adding Armament Haki to Tier/AP/Dura descriptions, character scalings (Doflamingo's being the biggest one since it is justifiable and impacts numerous characters... Aokiji 6-B, Jozu H7-A/6-B, but Doffy 7-A+/H7-A? Mmk).

I know it's funny that I'm talking Doffy scaling to 6-B, but if Jozu and Aokiji are both getting it (SPECIFICALLY JOZU... also Doffy clowned on both Jozu and Atmos back to back).

However, there's several issues that I think are present. I pretty much want to talk about adding Armament Haki to Tier/AP/Dura descriptions, character scalings (Doflamingo's being the biggest one since it is justifiable and impacts numerous characters... Aokiji 6-B, Jozu H7-A/6-B, but Doffy 7-A+/H7-A? Mmk).
Yeah ... A lot of people (myself included) had reservations about Ace, Marco and Jozu, but ultimately they did injure Aokiji, and Doffy's restraining feat can be seen as a lifting strength feat

Yeah ... A lot of people (myself included) had reservations about Ace, Marco and Jozu, but ultimately they did injure Aokiji, and Doffy's restraining feat can be seen as a lifting strength feat
It's strange to consider the idea that Doflamingo's threads have 7-A+~H7-A Durability, yet could hold someone with a H7-A~6-B scaling for AP.

Are we just going to make the assumption that Doflamingo can man-handle anyone at any tier so-long as they have inferior lifting strength?

I'll honestly save this for the future thread tbh. Not in here.

What other One Piece revisions are going on right now?

It hasn't been formally announced, but since we had a time period where we had 4 active OP CRTs open at once and nobody batted an eye, I'm assuming that "One CRT per verse" rule is done.

The rule is not done, as we need to spread out our workloads, but many people seem to either ignore it or not keep track properly.

What would the new thread be about and is there much left to do in the current ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back