• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1008: "Leader of the Bandits of Atamayama, Ashura Douji" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye. Spoilers out already¿ damn. Don't read spoilers but if spoilers do confirm that Its about nami next then... Yay!! What are your predictions for next chapter¿

Aye. Spoilers out already¿ damn. Don't read spoilers but if spoilers do confirm that Its about nami next then... Yay!! What are your predictions for next chapter¿
Nah just getting the thread ready for tomorrow

I’m just glad it was just an illusion and One Piece didn’t actually dive too deeply into these time travel shenanigans, especially when Oden gets involved.

Kanjuro’s ability is more impressive than i thought it was, didn’t know his drawings were capable of speech as well.

Okay. It seems more likely that Kaido cut one of Kanjuro's paintings though.

Maybe it is simply due to an orochi dragon having several heads?

I don't even think we're seeing nearly enough of Marco vs K/Q. That fight has been going on since chapter 1000, yet we've got like, what, 5 pages total of the battle over the course of c.1000-1007? The reason I point this out is because, well, this is the fight we've seen the most of OUTSIDE of the rooftop fight.

Nami, Usopp and Toko vs Ulti and Page having little content is fine given that it's mostly a chase at this point, and we already knew Nami and Usopp's initial encounter was going to be horrible.

Franky vs Sasaki is a stand-still, but it would be really nice if we got to see more of what they can do (we've last seen the Iron Pirate have a semi-serious fight on Punk Hazard), but sadly, this fight is almost entirely off-panel.

Black Maria vs Robin + Brook just started, so I obviously don't expect to see much of it until later anyways.

Apoo and co. vs X-Drake and co. is also mostly off-panel.

Jack's entire fight against the Minks was almost entirely off-panel, and it's such a shame considering A) we miss out on him taking on a small army of Sulong Minks, and B) We miss out on the debut of Sulong Inu/Neko, which would have shown us truly how much stronger they've become compared to Jack--who previously stalemated them 1v1.

But the fight that's pissing me off the most is Jinbe vs Who's Who and co. We've literally seen nothing of this fight outside of 2 panels (technically 1 since the first panel shot just shows Jinbe's face while he's throwing an attack). Like, come on. We're missing out on JINBE taking on a Tobi Roppo and his crew. There better be a big pay-off such as Who's Who defecting and both of them fighting Queen (which would absolutely excuse why the fight is entirely off-panel).

----

I enjoy the fact that Jack is clashing with Inuarashi (and hopefully this will be a 1v1) since they were first introduced by fighting one another, and now it will end with them fighting each other again... hopefully for Jack.

It's pretty ridiculous that 5 of the Supernova are totally chilling against 2 of the alleged top tiers of the verse. I'm hoping they pull off whatever plan of "separating the 2 of them" they have and we see Kaido vs the Supernova instead. Big Mom really feels like a 3rd wheel in this situation--can't just be me. Fall into the water again, hag. Her fight is at least a full arc too soon.

The only thing in this battle that feels like it's going to be a FORCED plot-device is how CP0 randomly brought up Kaido's DF (after we see the scene of Momo transforming again) in 1007, and makes me think they are going to act by trying to apprehend Momonosuke to take back to the HQ. But at least this may give us Yamato vs CP0... despite obviously being a forced plot-device that came out of literally nowhere.

But the fight that's pissing me off the most is Jinbe vs Who's Who and co. We've literally seen nothing of this fight outside of 2 panels (technically 1 since the first panel shot just shows Jinbe's face while he's throwing an attack). Like, come on. We're missing out on JINBE taking on a Tobi Roppo and his crew. There better be a big pay-off such as Who's Who defecting and both of them fighting Queen (which would absolutely excuse why the fight is entirely off-panel).
Oda: Jinbe you're gonna be a strawhat
Also Oda: We're not gonna showcase you at all

Well the Scabbards are heading to where Momo is and Jack while likely pursue them. Yamato Vs Jack might be the matchup.

Sanji seems to turn completely useless during this entire ordeal. He needs to at least help Marco or something.

Sanji can still be the one to stop Onigashima from falling since a) he can fly, and b) everyone else is busy atm. Just punt the giant rock out of the way of the capital so it lands somewhere with no people/animals around. I doubt this though, since he's going to where the Scabbards or Momonosuke are... Unless he has to fight Jack if Inuarashi is too injured to get the job done.
  • Though I really want Inuarashi to be the one to defeat/kill Jack.

I know this is kind of cold for me to suggest, but can the stakes go higher in this battle? If Ashura survived a stab through the chest + a point-blank explosion intended to KILL everyone in the room, I'm gonna call bull-shit. Ashura is a mvp though, for sacrificing himself like that. You can tell Kiku especially is angered by his potential death since she feels responsible for Kanjuro surviving.

As expected, Orochi's return indicates the existence of a now neutral-evil force that's going to just cause issues for everybody. I think we know Hiyori must have been the one to treat the injuries of the scabbards, since my whole "Kanjuro is now an ally" theory is dead asf. This means we have potential for her to face Orochi and kill him... someone has to get rid of Fukurokuju, though.

Luffy charging into Kaido and Big Mom and still getting back up really shows how strong he has become. He's not even in Gear 4th, yet he can continue taking a beating.

Hybrid Kaido looks just about how I expected. The hybrid forms of a Zoan user who has eaten a compatible fruit (so basically all of them except for Pierre) is probably the most deadly form. It may not have the full advantages of the fully transformed state, but being in hybrid grants users so many physical advantages stacked onto their human-form's superior mobility/agility.
  • Kaido's Hybrid form has claws, sharp teeth, horns, surprisingly digitigrade legs (though all dragons and wyverns who have legs have these), a large tail, and obviously a boost to his own physical strength, speed and durability by being in partial-dragon(fish) form. He'll obviously be able to use his DF attacks (Boro-Breath, etc) in this state.
The Hybrid form for a Zoan is simply the most effective in combat as it gives the user an all-around good kit assuming the fruit they are using doesn't SUCK.

Excited to see Hybrid Kaido do stuff tbh.

I think Luffy getting up does indicate some about his power but imo I think it shows just how crazy his Endurance is rn, tho both are positive feats.

I do want the stakes to go up, at least some people need to die especially on the SHs/Samurai side, I thought at least some of the Scabbards would have died after Kaido slapped them but thats a no go.

For Sanji I want him to go to Marco and help him some, like at least take Queen and fight him or something.

Im pretty interested to see what Orochi does (Tho I kinda wish he was dead but Oda doesnt kill characters), we can at least get a Hiyori vs Orochi battle now tho which should be hype.

Waiting for Kaido to breathe all the elements at his disposal (Lightning, Fire, Wind) on his club then smack someone with it.

BORO CLUB

Nothing we said means we want him to win we just want feats from one of the top tiers.

Personally Kaido is one of my favourite villains cause hes just that, an actual legitimate villain without the usual sob story but with some character depth to make him more than just evil and strong.

I also want him to be defeated but I want it to be very hard, it should take absolutely everything plus some to defeat someone like him.

Honestly I think the big villain having a sad sob story is often over done nowadays, not everyone has to be a sad story that just takes away from the ones you already have. You can have a villain be just that, a villain but that doesnt mean you cant give them depth.

Despite Kaidos many negative traits he does have legitimate personality with a few ok traits that makes him feel like an actual living being.

Except Mr Morj.
Ngl I want Kaido to lose but not die for now id prefer if he didnt die at least for now, just cause hes such a majorly hyped up character so killing him off like that just seems like a waste plus it could lead to badass scenes later between Luffy and/or Zoro against Kaido after they have grown.

Fair, I doubt he’ll have a real sob story although this is Oda and he seems to hand out sob stories like candy.

I am interested to know more about the character however.

Don't get me wrong.

I like Kaido as a character. He's a good written bad guy. He wants to die, he can't die, most of the people who could've killed him all died off, and now he wants to spread death to satisfy himself (that is so twisted now that you put it like that). Also, he abused my favorite character (Love you Yamato🥺)

But I want him to die badly. If he lives until the next arc imma be pissed.
If he lives, the scabbards' lives went to waste, Oden's life went to waste, Toki's power went to waste, all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back