• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I hate when people overhype AP or precognition. Neither of mean that you're immune to any and all attacks. It just means that you can see them before they land and counter accordingly.

Person A: Sees Person B attack
Person A: Dodges and punches
Person B: Sees the Person A's punch and dodges.

Precog doesn't mean that the opponent can't dodge any counters. That's not how it works. A perfect example of that is Sanji from One Piece.

Katakuri: Sees the future of Sanji dodging the priest's gunfire
Katakuri: Reacts accordingly and attacks Sanji instead
Sanji: Sees Katakuri's new attack and dodges.
Katakuri: Surprised that Sanji dodged that too.

I hate when people overhype AP or precognition. Neither of mean that you're immune to any and all attacks. It just means that you can see them before they land and counter accordingly.

Person A: Sees Person B attack
Person A: Dodges and punches
Person B: Sees the Person A's punch and dodges.

Precog doesn't mean that the opponent can't dodge any counters. That's not how it works. A perfect example of that is Sanji from One Piece.

Katakuri: Sees the future of Sanji dodging the priest's gunfire
Katakuri: Reacts accordingly and attacks Sanji instead
Sanji: Sees Katakuri's new attack and dodges.
Katakuri: Surprised that Sanji dodged that too.

I also hate when we add even more capabilities to what the character has shown.

Nyan dodging projectiles and a slash via elasticity doesn’t mean he will dodge a whirlwind of slashes to get to his target.

Sanji dodging a single projectile from more than a hundred meters away is a bad comparison to the situation at hand.

You’re basically saying Nyan can slip through a whirlwind of slashes even when Asta has predicted his movements. Which is something Nyan has never done before.

To further show that your Katakurui example was irrelevant.

He predicted someone else would attack sanji and not himself. If he had predicted that Sanji would his own attack then he would’ve acted accordingly, though I doubt there was anything he could do at that distance.

He was talking about the panel you posted in an attempt to debunk me. (which I'm not sure how it did in the first place)

From the place where I read the manga, it’s just a crash and not a whirlwind where he probably hid through cracks.

Smh. I may have to reread the whole damn thing.

Anyway didn’t he simply hide through the cracks to avoid that? It doesn’t show he actively dodged these projectiles.

Nevermind that’s actually what he did. Maybe I do have Ki myself 😌

It’s not working on Asta. Infact he even states that the an attack like that would’ve been worrisome.

he even states that the an attack like that would’ve been worrisome.
Because Gearsper scales to Nyan. It would've been worrisome if it hit him because it was a powerful attack.

Anyway didn’t he simply hide through the cracks to avoid that? It doesn’t show he actively dodged these projectiles.
You realize that spinning swords are gonna have space in between them right? It's not like it's one giant sword being swung around on the thick part. Nyan would be able to move in between the spaced then towards Asta.

Because Gearsper scales to Nyan. It would've been worrisome if it hit him because it was a powerful attack.

You realize that spinning swords are gonna have space in between them right? It's not like it's one giant sword being swung around on the thick part. Nyan would be able to move in between the spaced then towards Asta.

Again, there was space between the rubbles and he still wasn't able to slip through. Asta is capable of taking care of attacks from all directions.

And now that Asta can predict his movements, he easily adapts and cuts him.

In addition to what I said, look at the post below.

Assuming he can even dodge Asta's attacks, what stops Asta from adapting via AD and RPL and simply outspeed and overpower him?

There is no way Nyan is slipping through the attack where the attacker has predicted his next moves. By the time Nyan even decides to use that move, Asta would've already adapted, surpassed him, and simply outspeed him.

Back