• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swords Versus Kicks (Pre-Timeskip Asta vs Adventure Arc Mori Jin) (0-2-0)

Not voting till debate is over, looks like we’re almost done. Then I’ll write a summary and vote.

Wut u waiting for ?

I got like 3 hours of sleep last night I don't even remember wtf is going on

The chapter numbers of Mori shooting his staff at people forcing them into the sky or ground at CQC. You said you’ll get em, though I’ve continued the series.

Busy with a ton of revisions, I wish other BC suppoerters could help me out here

Anyway I checked the chapter, I see Mori piercing with his staff and thickening it blow those enemies in half. Well, I have said Asta can take care of that aspect with precog and all but why isn't Mori using his clones here?

Well, I have said Asta can take care of that aspect with precog and all
I think the main counterargument is along the lines of it simply has too much range for him to be able to do anything about it. If you can't get out of the way before it hits you, knowing that it's coming is useless.

why isn't Mori using his clones here?
He's only shown the ability to use them while in Monkey King Mode, which is 6-A. I should probably add to the OP that it's explicitly restricted.

I think the main counterargument is along the lines of it simply has too much range for him to be able to do anything about it. If you can't get out of the way before it hits you, knowing that it's coming is useless.

doesn't the staff start out small until it pierces then grow huge? an aim dodge should suffice.

Yeoui doesn't exactly take time to grow- It's not 0, gradually stretches up to 100, it's 0 then IMMEDIATELY goes to 100.
It can extend interstellar distances before a character can complete a sword slash, so. It's fast.

Yeoui doesn't exactly take time to grow- It's not 0, gradually stretches up to 100, it's 0 then IMMEDIATELY goes to 100.

I know its fast but you sure its just not depicted fast as **** when showed that way?

It can extend interstellar distances before a character can complete a sword slash, so. It's fast.

fair enough.

Wincon number one for Mori.

I know its fast but you sure its just not depicted fast as **** when showed that way?
It's also capable of extending Earth-Moon before a javelin thrown at superhuman speeds can cut through the fabric of someone's shirt, so I'd say the speed is consistent at the very least.

Idk why Mori's profile says MFTL+ with Monkey King Mode when he never shows moving at that speed without Yeoui until later.

Should prob change it to "MFTL+ with Yeoui" or some shit to avoid confusion like this.

Idk why Mori's profile says MFTL+ with Monkey King Mode when he never shows moving at that speed without Yeoui until later.

Should prob change it to "MFTL+ with Yeoui" or some shit to avoid confusion like this.
I guess via Jegal scaling or something? Idk. If Jegal reacted to it and him and Mori were swapping hands, then yeah that'd make sense.

I guess via Jegal scaling or something? Idk. If Jegal reacted to it and him and Mori were swapping hands, then yeah that'd make sense.
It says on Jegal's profile he reacted to it but his reaction was explicitly AFTER the staff had expanded, with him asking "where did this thing come from?" several panels after it appeared. So he prolly shouldn't scale imo.

It says on Jegal's profile he reacted to it but his reaction was explicitly AFTER the staff had expanded, with him asking "where did this thing come from?" several panels after it appeared. So he prolly shouldn't scale imo.
Fair enough. Point still stands that Yeoui is fast. And huge, so even knowing it's coming Asta won't be able to dodge it.

I mean can’t Asta break the staff before he expands it’s width? He can keep fighting with a hole in his torso.

Also can the slower character blitz the faster one profile-wise in speed equalized matches? I mean I know the yeoui is fast af but since it’s not a set speed like bo-ho 8x shit (which would invalidate this match) it can’t blitz Asta due to our speed equal rules, I think it can only be simply faster than Asta in a non blitzing way. So Asta should be fine with his precog and instinctive reactions.

Also can the slower character blitz the faster one profile-wise in speed equalized matches? I mean I know the yeoui is fast af but since it’s not a set speed like bo-ho 8x shit (which would invalidate this match) it can’t blitz Asta due to our speed equal rules, I think it can only be simply faster than Asta in a non blitzing way. So Asta should be fine with his precog and instinctive reactions.
You might have a point here. Mori's also (occasionally) just straight up dropped it on his opponents, how does Asta deal with that?

Also, I don't think the speed equal rules would apply to blitzing with Yeoui. Yeoui is not Mori, it is a weapon, and it's speed is completely separate from Mori or Asta.

The new rules iirc the speed of the character will only be equalized. But the weapon's speed wouldn't be equalized. And the slower one blitzing the faster one doesn't extend to weapons iirc.

If it doesn’t apply to weapons I think Asta could still aim dodge it, should be fine.

What happened to Mori’s 8x speed amps?

If it doesn’t apply to weapons I think Asta could still aim dodge it, should be fine.
Aimdodge a MFTL+ weapon? That's like saying you could dodge the light from a torch if you knew I was gonna point it at you.

What happened to Mori’s 8x speed amps?
Still has 'em, but due to speed equalisation rules he's not allowed to win by a blitz.

That's like saying you could dodge the light from a torch if you knew I was gonna point it at you.

I mean I can just move out of the way before you turn it on. It’s like aim dodging a gun. Regardless of the speed of the bullet, as long as I move before you pull the trigger you’ll miss.

That MFTL+ thing tho. Is it only because it moved interstellar distances? We probably don’t know how fast it is compared to Mori’s reaction time.

Wait we’re sticking to MFTL+???
You said we'll move forward with the assumption that it doesn't apply to weapons. Yeoui is MFTL+.

That MFTL+ thing tho. Is it only because it moved interstellar distances? We probably don’t know how fast it is compared to Mori’s reaction time.
It extended from Earth to the Moon in less than the time it took for a spear thrown at superhuman speeds to cut through someone's shirt.

Back