• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 22

well truth be told they still have to explain what his new power up is . my money is on its a suicide skill

There doesn't need to be a mention that Escanor got stronger when it's so ******* obvious he did.

You'd have to shut your eyes to ignore that he went from struggling in The One to break Zeldris's Ominous Nebula to matching a Full Power Demon King with the 10 Commandments in Zeldris' body when before Noon.

Everyone went from barely holding up against unstable Mel!DK to matching on equal grounds Zel!DK.

In this very same arc we've had Merlin without even using Enchant Infinity, Gowther and Diane hurting the Chimera Indura. Elizabeth injuring Initial Demon King Zeldris who is far stronger than even 4C Mael whose power scared the crap out of Elizabeth. Merlin slightly injuring Full Power DK Zeldris. Diane knocking back and annoying Full Power DK Zeldris. Post-Purgatory Ban managing to put up a fight against Full Power DK Zeldris even though he was absolutely destroyed by Demon King in a weaker form in Purgatory for 60 years. There are so many outliers or PIS that there is definitely a possibility that Escanor's entire fight with Demon King up until this new Ultimate The One Form was either an outlier or PIS.

ok one shotting the one was satisfying im not gonna lie. although this series has been going deeper in the hole.

I mean The One Escanor being one shot by Prime Assault Mode Meliodas was kinda expected if you go by logic since Mael is way stronger than Escanor and he was only equal to Prime Meliodas not stronger. The only thing that was unexpected was The One and Assault Mode appearing in the flashback and completely retconning Meliodas' Power before the series began once again.

Peter1129 said:
I mean The One Escanor being one shot by Prime Assault Mode Meliodas was kinda expected if you go by logic since Mael is way stronger than Escanor and he was only equal to Prime Meliodas not stronger. The only thing that was unexpected was The One and Assault Mode appearing in the flashback and completely retconning Meliodas' Power before the series began once again.
Honestly, the problem in this chapter wasnt Meliodas one shotting Escanor, but rather Meliodas being in his prime form. This literally contradicts the manga, when DK stated Mel got weaker over the course of 3000 years and how when he recovered the power Merlin stole he was rather weak.

Yeah that's why I said it was unexpected to see Meliodas' power being confirmed to be retconned completely once again.

The first time they said he was just like the old Meliodas was Ban when he met Unsealed Meliodas. Than Fraudrin said the same when he saw Post-Revival Meliodas. And now they retconned it in the flashback to Prime Meliodas.

Oh my God this what escanor fans needed more than they want to admit

A good ole fashioned humbling, and who better to do it than escanor's fanbase rival meliodas :^]

Guys, do you really think Nakaba is giving a damn about power scaling and consistency to the manga? He is just doing any shit to finish this manga as quick as possible to start another one. He already know he has done a bunch of mistakes in NNT, and pretty sure he doesn't care about it.

Complaining about power scale, feats, incoherence.. it won't do any good.

For me, this series endend since Meliodas defeated the DK, I'm taking thoose chapters nowadays like they were just fillers. In fact, this series was ruined.. and that's it. Don't cry over spilt milk.

i dont think pushing back someone stronger is much of a feat... look at trunks vs black before he went rage , look at erza/jellel vs arco, sakura vs kaguya cmon now..

meliodas even said "if u keep going i will kill you" which the raw english translation was missing a page of meliodas saying it.

So, they doesn't explain how he got the grace, Rosa is no one special, his oath is literally the same shit he speak all the time, and there is no explanation to Mel is supposedly in his ******* prime and has full control over his power.

And wtf was that fight? Is it supposed to teach Escanor discipline? Well sure it didn't work cuz Escanor was still arrogant as hell for someone who got floored with one punch.

And for someone who was still confident about fighting Assault Mode Meliodas for a second time.

You can revisit the fight, Escanor acted like he never saw that form before and Merlin was pretty confident Escanor will take him out despite her saying"this is muh Prime Mel" when they fought

The story telling is so weak lol

I liked the Mael reveal because that had logical build up from several dozen chapters prior

• Why wasn't Estarossa at the battle between the Demon Clan and Goddess Clan?
  • Why is Estarossa so much older than Meliodas and Zeldris physically, despite being the middle child?
  • How could Estarossa have killed Mael, the strongest of the Goddess Clan in day-time, if not near-noon given his constant boasts about having killed the former?
Even though Meliodas' hidden power came virtually out of nowhere, it still had some build up, as did his amp after he's resurrected and the immortality curse. Elizabeth's goddes powers also got a ton of build up.

This arc is one of the worst arc i've seen in shonen series.The power scaling was wonky before but this arc's inconsistency is on whole another level.this arc aint even as entertaining as any of the arcs before.Just bs after bs

I noticed that Escanor failed to destroy that mountain despite punching it for the whole daytime when characters like the TC was capable of much bigger feats, heck even Rhitta power stored Escanor almost destroyed the mountain with one hit IIRC.

It's still far fetched, but maybe Escanor was indeed weaker in the flashback than he is now.

Honestly I think we are at point where we need to call author death if we want to apply logic to out scaling. This scaling is legit worse than DBS and you don't "Muh Zenkai" logic to excuse those plotholes.

ZERO7772 said:
I noticed that Escanor failed to destroy that mountain despite punching it for the whole daytime when characters like the TC was capable of much bigger feats, heck even Rhitta power stored Escanor almost destroyed the mountain with one hit IIRC.

It's still far fetched, but maybe Escanor was indeed weaker in the flashback than he is now.
Escanor power level at night was the same, so I don't he was weaker.

ZERO7772 said:
Honestly I think we are at point where we need to call author death if we want to apply logic to out scaling. This scaling is legit worse than DBS and you don't "Muh Zenkai" logic to excuse those plotholes.
Oh naw ƒÆǃÆǃñú

God I hate the Gary Stu Meliodas and the Mary Sue Elizabeth, the main character should have been Arthur or Escanor, Meliodas is basically a slightly better Kirito

I think the only reason that Escanor got One Shot by Prime Assault Mode Meliodas is because back then, he didn't have the mustache, the power of the mustache is incredible, and it allows him to One Shot back

On another note, this really explains why Escanor is so happy to fight Mel again when he lost control, he really must want revenge for the ass beating he got from Meliodas back in the past, so either Escanor got stronger overtime or Meliodas was weaker, point being, this wonky scaling is the Death of The Author, who is just trying to ruin everything before the series ends, we'll need a big CRT after the story ends

Zezu1995 said:
i dont think pushing back someone stronger is much of a feat... look at trunks vs black before he went rage , look at erza/jellel vs arco, sakura vs kaguya cmon now..
i was talking about diane vs DK..

Back