• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 22

And yeah sadly with this chapter it's also officially confirmed that the Meliodas that performed the Danafor Destruction has been retconned to be Prime Meliodas. So all the 6-C+s and High 6-Cs that upscale from 6-C+ in NNT will sadly need to be downgraded to 6-C.

Peter1129 said:
The One Escanor one shot Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas not Prime Assault Mode Meliodas.
And now he's fighting Demon King. This shit makes no sense unless 40 yo Escanor is stronger than flashback Escanor.

I mean come on! One shotted!!? Is this his payback for Escanor destroying Mel 2 years ago?

Why does Mel have AM anyway.... This shit makes no sense why did he not use against the TC? Why does he get only 1/10 of his originl power if Merlin gave it back to him? Why does Nakaba keep self-insert as Mel....

I thought AM depended on Mel emotional state? Why he can pull it normally now? Why did Escanor think he had a chance against AM Mel if Mel stomped him before? Why did Mel says Escanor is stronger than him early in the manga? Why did freaking Merlin says Escanor is the strongest holy knight at Noon if he's fodder to Mel?

Anyway:

Prime Mel > Escanor Noon

Demon King > Prime Mel

Mael Noon > Escanor Noon

Demon King > Mael Noon

Escanor Noon >= Demon King

Escanor Noon >= Demon King > Prime Mel >= Mael Noon > Escanor Noon?

Peter1129 will be a legend if he can find a scaling to this mess.

>Without PIS:

Watch Escanor slaughter DK next chapter cuz he now go beyond the The One. He's been fighting him for a few chapters now.

ZERO7772 said:
Anyway:

Prime Mel > Escanor Noon

Demon King > Prime Mel

Mael Noon > Escanor Noon

Demon King > Mael Noon

Escanor Noon >= Demon King

Escanor Noon >= Demon King > Prime Mel >= Mael Noon > Escanor Noon?

Peter1129 will be a legend if he can find a scaling to this mess.
Current Escanor may be stronger than he was back then.

I loved Mel oneshoting Escanor, though.

ZERO7772 said:
I thought AM depended on Mel emotional state? Why he can pull it normally now? Why did Escanor think he had a chance against AM Mel if Mel stomped him before? Why did Mel says Escanor is stronger than him early in the manga? Why did freaking Merlin says Escanor is the strongest holy knight at Noon if he's fodder to Mel?
1) That was never stated.

2) Its his original form. Whenever we saw him in a flashback it was AM.

3) Its The One Escanor. The peak of pride. He literally said that he was totally fine when his body was on the verge of collapsing.

4) Mel never talks about his old days and didnt show that power to the other sins.

5) Idk, maybe she was referring to humans.

Also just a heads up I'm probably going to make a another NNT thread to downgrade the 6-Cs once the translation comes out. I kinda want to fix the scalings for the high tiers so we can at least still make matches with them. I'll leave top and god tiers for later when the series ends.

This scaling is so nonsensical it hurts, I mean jesus, If Meliodas was prime when he destroyed Danafor and The One Escanor was One-shot by him, then that means that everything said about Escanor being the strongest was BULL, We probably can save the scaling by saying Escanor randomly got stronger overtime, even tho that was never implied and it makes little sense

I honestly hate Nakaba right now for all this sh*t writing and retcons, I mean first who put the curses on Mel and Elizabeth, and then what form of Meliodas did what, and then there's this wonky ass scaling

It's like he wants to ruin everything before the series ends

@PaChi2 but it was stated that Mel lost control over his emotion and then he went MA as Merlin said in chapter 229 here: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_MooDrNh...0zLsbbrFwGkLDBe8y6e8sDwCHMYCw/s0/0230-004.png

2-But why he can do that shit 12 years ago but now he can't? There is really no explain for this. There is also the plothole of Merlin calling the Mel that fought Escanoe "Prime TC leader" which is a plothole consdering she saw AM Mel destorys Escanor in the past here: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TT7oc2w5...fcaBXdGhjrSPIw9o2gGzwCHMYBhgL/s0/0232-003.png

3-He's prideful but he's not stupid. He talks shit all time but he won't act like a moron, he didn't refuse the Sins's help to fight the DK before he enterd The One.

4-Is that supposed to be an excuse? Escanor is almost always referred as the strongest even by his sins comrades and by Mel himself.

5-Headcanon, whatever.

Btw next chapter is called "Ultimate The One"

So Escanor will go beyond The One after all, I guess we could use to at least justify standing up to the DK

1) Mel reverting to AM because of rage doesnt mean AM is only triggered by rage.

2) Didnt Mel seal his powers by 18151417 billion layers or something? If Mel could have pulled AM casually since the beginning 99% of the manga wouldnt exist because he'd have oneshoted Hendrickson.

3) Escanor's pride grows with his power. "He is not stupid"? Go to the chapter after he oneshoted AM mel, please.

4) If you want another "excuse", back when he said it he didnt have the same powerlevel as then. So he wasnt wrong.

5) Eh, I dont remember the quote, so I lack the context.

I guess you didnt see how the Sinner sent him flying?

I mean Escanor at full power.

We have seen use that full power 4 times, please.

1-The transformation was still triggered by his losing his emotions and once he went MA he couldn't revert back, there is absolutely no reason why 12 years ago Mel can pull this form out of hi ass

2-Said who? Supposedly he got a part of this before facing Galan and after he died everyone went "Muh Mel is the same Mel from 3000 years ago" but since he pulled like 5 power ups out of his ass, the explanation was that Mel's emetions could out of control but we see now that he can snatch his strongest form whenever he want.

3-Wat? You are just trying to make Escanor looks stupid to support your point, there is a line between being pridufl and being about moron. Also, Escanor implied that he never seen AM Mel before as seen here: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6n42MhIe...kqFZbMsg51WqK_cZCd9bqjACHMYCw/s0/0230-020.png so this is another plot hole for you.

The fight made it claer that Escanor and Mel never faced before.

something dont seem right ... even if prime mel did do the danafor thing.. he wasnt in AM he was just using a demon mark rage mode blast.. so can we really downgrade for that? its not like it was using full power but anyways i do agree now that the scaling is a bit off or maybe escanor got better at using his powers thats also a possibility

The only way we can save the scaling is if we say Escanot got stronger with time which was never stated at all IIRC.

I just realized, if Escanor was lying in front of Galand "about being the strongest specie" and he got spooked so hard in the past by Mel, shouldn't he have been turned into stone? Was Escanor that much in denail? LOL.

could be pride , also im gonna assume escanor couldnt use his powers to the fullest and this is proven seeing how he himself explained mael is using sunshine better than him when mael was fighting zeldris so you guys are possibly downgrading for no reason tbh

and on top of everything escanor did still make it a tie between him and meliodas rematch.. so once again possibly downgrading for no reason

I mean.

1) His emotions had been in Purgatory the whole time. Transformed into a feral beast. Whenever Mel dies he loses part of his emotions. Prior to the AM trigger Mel had stated that he was losing his emotions. Its obvious that back when he pulled this transformation he still had his emotions.

2) Mel has "returned to how strong he was in his prime" or something similar so many times it's ridiculous to debate this. It's not worth my time nor yours. I hope the translation clears something about the AM thing, though.

In 3) you are just salty. the guy was literally in the verge of death and still refused any help, you can think that's stupid or not, but it's a fact. Im not trying to make Escanor look stupid, he simply acts like that. It's his character. And in The One form he becomes even more arrogant. You asked why he engaged Mel casually? Because The ONE is like that and has behaved like that every single time. The initial point wasnt about Escanor's stupidity and I dont really care.

Im not going to try to fill plot holes with headcanon. Nakaba has fu**ed things up too much.

It was Prime Meliodas that performed the Danafor Destruction not Unsealed Meliodas after the retcon so yes the downgrade is needed.

and one last thing.. after the fight meliodas mesma or darkness was getting stronger . current mel is now using 100% of his power (only in dk mode) onyl thing that would change that is indura

Back