• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 22

Here is FKS's tranlsation on Escanor's talk with Meliodas.

"...do you remember? How you beat me down to the point you left me totally speechless, over and over... back when I still didn't know how to use my own power well and ran amok? You arrogantly exposed your small body to risks teaching me how to master Sunshine... ...you brazenly gave the lonesome man I was a comfortable place where I could fit."

So from the looks of it back then Escanor couldn't control his power and kept going out of control and it was Meliodas who stopped him everytime.

Wtf turned out Mel and Escanor were best buds lol.

This flashback really should have been shown before Escanor and Mel fought back in 232.

why ppl keep saying DK is fodder i get he isnt showing much but lets be real... all of them are attacking him hes taking damage and just keeps going he isnt showing much signs of being "defeated" and plus he aint even using ruler :/

Mel kept smacking Escanor until he came to his senses. Sad that Escanor couldnt do the samw to Mel.

Doesn't this chapter basically confirm that Escanor from 10 years ago is weaker than this one? He literally said he didn't knew how to use his power before.

Also, Escanor's new form is exlusive to him so we can maybe save the scaling by not making fraking Mael stronger than The Demon King.

This is Mel comment regarding Escanor:

"That isn't Sunshine's magic power... Escanor's... transforming his entire lifeforce into magic. He... is intending to burn his life out!!!"

The new form is just Escanor burning his Life Force,don't see why Mael can't do that. Also normal The One was also DK level so the problem still remains.

It's a suicidal move and it doesn't apply to the grace actual power so unless Mael does it too he's a fodder to the DK by his own words. We can jusy write off the previous fights as PIS. I mean, even Diane can give DK troubles here.

Gon was Merum level after he gave up his life, doesn't means Gon normally is Ant king level.

ZERO7772 said:
Doesn't this chapter basically confirm that Escanor from 10 years ago is weaker than this one? He literally said he didn't knew how to use his power before.

Also, Escanor's new form is exlusive to him so we can maybe save the scaling by not making fraking Mael stronger than The Demon King.
Agree.

But even if that form is exclusive to Escanor the scaling still doesn't make sense because near noon Escanor went from being weaker than the masters to Ban level and The One went from struggling with Zel to DK level.

At least they addressed that Escanor 10 Years Ago was way weaker, that makes things less complicated

near noon isnt the ONE... so who cares and escanor near noon vs DK he was losing and had help and even got healed stop being idiots

DK still isnt using his full power , how do i know? cuz mel isnt in DK mode.. and Ruler is still turned of...till that happens hes just playing around

Kaguya wasn't the final boss of Naruto it was Sasuke.

Also, Nakaba has a shitty way of showing it but Gowther stated that the Demon King only started taking actual damage when Escanor used The One, so Ban/King/Mel/Esca fights didn't really threat him

The One was only equal to the Demon King Physically speaking which isn't THAT bad when you consider that Zel got almost killed from one poke by The One while The Demon King is having a brawler with him.

Yea its not bad that like 10% to 12.5% of the SD power can fight and is comparable to 50% of the DK.....yea makes sense.

Also why people keep saying zel was going to dies when we have seen demons take worse thing?

It was never stated that the graces are Taken directly from the SD magic source unlike the TC and like I said, DK was only using his fists through the whole thing so The One is definitely weaker than 50% DK.

I am trying to justify the shitty writing I am just trying to apply SOME sense to it.

Back