• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

She would she land in the ocean?
She could be landing on an island or a sea vessel.

Tsukauchi said they detected something 50km from the landing point, it could just be Shigaraki travelling and then he exited the airspace within that timespan.

Of course they could've met somewhere in the middle, but the safest distance is still around the airspace line, I think. It would've been several seconds at least for the military to detect a foreign object, relaying that to Tsukauchi, and then Tsukauchi relaying it to Hawks and then to Endeavor.

Something has to be outright stated to be Lightspeed to be considered that on here.

And while Horikoshi generously throws in speed of sound statements, he has never said anything about light.

Lightspeed or explicitly referred to as light, or a laser that behaves like a normal laser.
We already have many laser feats in MHA and I don't think a single one of them is considered Lightspeed. The All Might lasers is a perfect example of this. It doesn't qualify since it isn't stated to be LS.

But we know that optical resins can reflect it, it is a straight beam of light (and heat), heck even AFO tried to use a light quirk to resist it.

In-universe it is also called an Alternating Current lamp.

But it obviously did not get accepted just by virtue of being a laser just like the Star and Stripes laser stuff that got rejected as well.

We already have many laser feats in MHA and I don't think a single one of them is considered Lightspeed. The All Might lasers is a perfect example of this. It doesn't qualify since it isn't stated to be LS.

But we know that optical resins can reflect it, it is a straight beam of light (and heat), heck even AFO tried to use a light quirk to resist it.

In-universe it is also called an Alternating Current lamp.

But it obviously did not get accepted just by virtue of being a laser just like the Star and Stripes laser stuff that got rejected as well.
Yeah, that's probably because the main laser quirk, Navel Laser, is shown to be slower than characters that are slower than lightning iirc, so MHA lasers kinda have an antifeat.

It's been confirmed that Izuku was launched hundreds of kilometers away by Shigaraki, as I calculated beforehand.

See a heart-breaking scene with Eri wanting to help. Also, we get a small cutback to when she finds Aizawa in the hospital after the first war. He tells her he got hit by a truck but he's fine now with the weirdest smile I've ever seen. Love that he said a truck hit him while his leg is missing and she's crying over him.

Nice scene with Kota and Eri, seems like they know each other already. Would've loved to see those two meet and interact previously, maybe in a side story perhaps. Nice solid interactions with everyone who is watching the battle. News Helicopter arrived and is bringing Ochako and other people injured to get medical attention.

We don't see Toga at all.

Thank god, Lady Nagant is not dying on a rooftop. Rock Lock is indeed there and is even showing her the live feed of the battle. I still say she shouldn't be exposing her open wounds to the rain but whatever. Take the small victories when I can.

There's a very interesting line with Kaminari, who admits that Izuku is likely the strongest person in the whole world. Yet despite that, he doesn't feel the same as when All Might says "It's fine now". Even bringing up other Shonen manga where side characters confidently state they believe the main character will win no matter what.

He wonders if him being worried means he doesn't trust his friend. We don't get an answer but obviously it's natural for Kaminari and anyone else to feel worried. Because they recognize that Izuku isn't a Symbol or Pillar like All Might was, but an actual person who's struggling to do his best against the strongest villain in the world.

I think it's a good thing in fact, it'd be bad to go down the same path. All Might made people feel safe and secure so they didn't have to worry, but Izuku makes other people feel like they should help him out. Which isn't a bad thing, the world shouldn't rely on a single man and should always be ready to help out if someone is in trouble.

Kaminari feeling worried just means he's a good person and friend. Even if they can't actually do anything, just having that feeling and being ready is more than enough.

We get a shot of the civilians watching Izuku fight and it clearly parallels the civilians watching All Might fight AFO back in Kamino. But instead of everyone cheering on with hope that All Might will prevail, there's only a single person who can speak up and say for Izuku to do his best.

The final page is interesting, Izuku is face to face with Tenko's childhood home. The destruction of everything that stems from that house is Tomura/Tenko's greatest wish. Great scene of Shigaraki reaching out to get Izuku to stop next to his father trying to do the same to him.

Excellent chapter yet again.

Horrible abuse of the inverse square law there to get a Moon level outcome. Even if it was accepted (and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be), it would be an outlier.
They have a second method below that gives large country, which is closer but still definitely a huge gap.

Has anyone tried Inverse Square Law on the current accepted calc or nah.

They have a second method below that gives large country, which is closer but still definitely a huge gap.

Has anyone tried Inverse Square Law on the current accepted calc or nah.
It was like High 6-A from when I checked it, which is why I'm not going to attempt to get one evaluated at all.

Maybe if both of the anime version of Star's attacks and the movie get two High 6-A feats.

It was like High 6-A from when I checked it, which is why I'm not going to attempt to get one evaluated at all.

Maybe if both of the anime version of Star's attacks and the movie get two High 6-A feats.
Mha can only be high 6-A in fan fiction bro

I just speed ran an ISL on the calc and got 757 gigatons. Slight bump over the Star feat but would make Machia and others Low 6-B with the 1.5x modifier.

I just speed ran an ISL on the calc and got 757 gigatons. Slight bump over the Star feat but would make Machia and others Low 6-B with the 1.5x modifier.
You're likely applying it to the explosion produce and the cloud, but that's inaccurate. It would need to be applied to the air column they punch up to the clouds. The explosive shockwave happens inside of the cloud and can't be used. Star's feat is used because the cloud split happen at the end of her clap's shockwave.

For the inverse square law and a explosion, you want the destroyed part to be at the edge of the blast for it to work.

This is why it gives such insane results, since the air column made from their punch is so vastly smaller than the cloud. But I don't think it should be allowed for such a feat in the first place, since the air column isn't an explosion and the actual blast is not applicable for the Inverse Square Law as I explained above.

I was about to say “There’s no way a blatantly wanked Tier 5 cloud calc would be accepted” but then I remembered at least two times that happened
Powerscalers just love clouds.

Doesn't matter how weak characters are actually portrayed to be in a series, so long as we get ot see them shift some clouds around, they can be as high as Multi-Continent or Moon level. 👀

If the intercontinental cruise missile punch ever gets upgraded to the mid ends of High 6-A (So around 1×10^27 Joules), which isn't that improbable seeing as the anime can maken it all happen in a few frames, wouldn't that make Deku with all his multipliers Moon level?

If the intercontinental cruise missile punch ever gets upgraded to the mid ends of High 6-A (So around 1×10^27 Joules), which isn't that improbable seeing as the anime can maken it all happen in a few frames, wouldn't that make Deku with all his multipliers Moon level?
No considering no one scales to the missle explosion itself without an inverse square law on the High End Nomu, which would reduce it by a lot.

If the cloud clap gets High 6-A, then we can start talking.

No considering no one scales to the missle explosion itself without an inverse square law on the High End Nomu, which would reduce it by a lot.

If the cloud clap gets High 6-A, then we can start talking.
Well technically The Near High-End Nomu should at least scale to 1 of the missles. So 1/10th of the result. So if the calc ever gets to at least1×10^28 then one missle would be 1×10^27 and then Deku would be Moon level

Back