• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

This guy read our Deku profile.

Also, I can't be the only one who feels awkard when our calcs get mentioned outside of vsbattles, I nearly died of embarrassment every time I saw my Bajrang Gun calc being mentioned on Twitter as if it was gospel.
I can't even do this scaling video stuff because I'd be afraid to use a calc without asking the creator for permission.

One Piece has been 7-A and 6-C for a very, very long time that lots of powerscalers who base their scaling off the wiki couldn't let go of it even now when the top tiers have been bumbed all the way up to 6-B and 6-A.

Same thing for MHA being 7-B.

It feels like it makes sense because that's the usual depiction of operation of these verses. Most landmasses in One Piece are islands and MHA is focused on urban settings (though both verses rarely ever actually depict city-level or mountain/island level destruction at all). On top of that, our tiering system are wonky enough that the values in there doesn't necessarily represent the destruction of the tier names themselves.

Most piece of media don't have consistent level of showings in power. By far the worst offender of that is Dragon Ball Super, it's literally been down hill since BOG aside from like Gogeta vs Broly.

MHA also has this problem but not so much with power as we have plenty huge large scale feats, but rather speed. Iida just breaking the sound barrier now (with Shoto's help no less) and Deku needing Gearshift to surpass the speed of sound, like that was bruh either make it redshift or something like that or don't mention it, it's not like Mirio has never given physics info dump before.

Looking back at it, DBS really really messes up, like this is two of the strongest in the Main cast fighting and that too in MUI and Beast

vs

what-if-deku-had-used-this-attack-in-chapter-344-v0-6pce2pxhwqnc1.jpg

Based on visual feat alone, it looks like Deku claps both Goku and Gohan. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that AFO the quirk itself will become the quirk singularity ? Deku said that VAFO should be gone and whatever the heck is taking over Shigaraki shouldn't be VAFO so maybe it's just the Quirk AFO, gaining consciousness and turning into a singularity, drawing it's personality from it's former master.

AFO's final attack against Bakugo was very lame. So you they can make AFO's final attack go hard as hell with Quirk Singularity which every Quirk AFO has not being used at once, but being fused into one.

Next chapter will be most likely side characters fighting a nerfed VAFO (AGAIN) till both VAFO and Deku are back to 100%. Can't wait to see.

Question, because it occurred to me as I was thinking on the latest MHA Chapter—Would Deku and Shigaraki’s last exchange qualify as Soul Manipulation/Attacks on Wiki?

Depends if you count vestiges as souls. NGL it would be hilarious to see Mahito touch Izuku and get jumped in the vestige world.
I personally do, but I also ask because AFO repeatedly verbatim called it Spiritual. Such as “Tenko’s Spiritual Defeat,” “He needed a Soul to attack Spiritual Fortitude,” “His (Tenko’s) Spirit is mine to Delete,” and “The Spiritual Damage has taken a toll on the flesh.” This is interesting, because these affects all come from the subconscious world that makes thoughts physical reality (for the two), and Shigaraki’s Soul/Spirit. And while this is probably a figure of speech, Yoichi does say that AFO targeted the “Soul of OFA.”

What I’m saying is the 2022 idea of Vestiges being Souls might be 100% correct/confirmed, now. Or that the Official Translations are incredibly misleading.

I think the vestige are souls as their are currently more evidence backing this up. If anyone should make athread about this, their would be more evidence backing it up than their would be about it disproval.

AFO got smacked in the face by Gang Orca’s sound waves and shrugged them off, so I guess that’s a resistance to sound/paralysis? Thirteen actually managed to pull his attack down with Black Hole, and he seemingly overpowers the “Trajectory Changing” from Endeavor’s sidekicks. He might have a weakened, damaged vessel, but he’s still clearly well above everyone else here. Also seems he’s only doing things through sheer depression, no ego, no hatred, no fear, just melancholy and I guess sadness. Really has nothing going for him anymore, which I wonder is gonna play a part in the Vestige world with his quirks?

Also, like we briefly saw, Deku has the embers, and now he gets to stand and fight alongside everyone one last time. This final assault on AFO is gonna be cool asf, and Aoyama being the one to take his hand and pull him along to be there with them, even with his Quirk gone and still fading, is powerful.

Surprised AFO can even use his quirks considering Aizawa is there, but I guess that’s what having only one eye does. I’m sure he’ll have a clutch moment where he nulls AFO at a good time.

And yes, I think it’d be cooler to have Koichi’s hoodie but having it be the shirt of the civilian who originally hated and blamed him instead is more powerful.

All that’s left is to defeat AFO now, but I don’t think that Deku is ending this Quirkless. Now that we know he still has the embers, and especially since an echo of Tenko still exists, we’re not ending this without one last vestige world clash. The fact that Shinomori is also still around through Danger Sense gives even more credence to that, since I doubt we’re gonna get rid of AFO and never talk about how Shinomori is still alive in him.

We Are Here. Probably should've seen this was coming. Basically the majority of Class 1-A and Class 1-B, along with a bunch of Pro Heroes have arrived. Saw Gentle as well.

I'm not certain how to take both AFO and Izuku's statements. Last chapter Izuku said AFO and Tenko's spirits should've been broken together. AFO also confirms that he should've vanished along with Tomura. His reason for surviving was due to the pain of loss and the void that's form in his spirit.

Does this not imply that AFO and Tomura would've been dead if that didn't happen? Izuku wanted to give Tomura peace of mind before destroying his soul?

I'll be open to hear more information about this in future chapters, but this seems like Izuku should have the ability to attack a person's soul by forcibly transferring OFA. Both Tomura and AFO have resistance to it, though Tomura's is more limited while AFO's "void" is much stronger.

Shoto and Endeavor arrive, the blast All For Shiggy together with Flashfire Fist. Some little feats, but I can't judge anything until I know how strong Tomura's body is right now.

Izuku's arms are back, but he's still injured from his battle due to the rewind only going back a few minutes. Nice to everyone come together for the final battle.

Note: I'm not buying Quirkless Izuku just yet, not until Tenko and All For One are confirmed dead forever. Tomura is still alive just like AFO and he didn't get to reach his resolution. While not impossible for this to stay true, I think Horikoshi would've let the mystery of Izuku being Quirkless or not until the fight ended in that case.

The fact he had him state this right now makes me believe this isn't sticking. I highly doubt Izuku will get any of the other vestiges back, but Shinomori is still around and he could play some role in this battle as well. There's really no limit in where this final battle will go, so I'm not going to say anything is definitive until the battle is fully over.

Izuku fighting with an All Might T-Shirt is pure greatness. Also, now that Izuku has arms again, he can break them all over again.

And can I just say Aizawa's face when Izuku said he didn't have OFA anymore was funny as hell.
Chapter was excellent, next chapter will be the beginning of the final battle for real.

Break next week due to it being Golden Week in Japan, so we'll need to wait another two weeks for a new chapter.

However, Season 7 is also beginning next Saturday so we won't be completely dry during the wait. Hopefully the Star and Stripe's feat doesn't happen till episode 2.

What are the errors with this one?
They're measuring Nine's size completely wrong, he's not one pixel, I've done this multiple times and I'm certain of that. That already messes up the entire calc.

Also, some of their scans are poor in quality.

They're wrongly trying to measure things that go away or towards the camera with px scaling, which is impossible.

The cloud px scaling is weird as well, not sure why they're doing it like that.

They're using the wrong storm size as well, since Izuku and Bakugo blew away the bottom part of it first. And they didn't blow away all of the clouds in the end.

Finally, they're using the 0.5 KE formula instead of the 1/12 KE formula.

There are likely more issues but I'm not examining something like this too hard.

Oh hey, I just realized something.

Now that we know Tomura's Quirk is just one half of Overhaul, that means his Quirk is not decomposition and is just deconstruction. Do you think the reason why Star and Stripe's rule to protect herself failed, was because she said her body won't decay? Tomura's Quirk wasn't rotting her body away, it was dissembling it.

Both Star and Tomura are unaware of the true nature of his Quirk, as such she can only go off the name of his Quirk being listed as Decay.

Considering the specific nature of New Order, I can see this being a possibility.

Last edited:
Oh hey, I just realized something.

Now that we know Tomura's Quirk is just one half of Overhaul, that means his Quirk is not decomposition and is just deconstruction. Do you think the reason why Star and Stripe's rule to protect herself failed, was because said her body won't decay? Tomura's Quirk wasn't rotting her body away, it was dissembling it.

Both Star and Tomura are unaware of the true nature of his Quirk, as such she can only go off the name of his Quirk being listed as Decay.

Considering the specific nature of New Order, I can see this being a possibility.
Possibly resistance to deconstruction for S&S?

Possibly resistance to deconstruction for S&S?
Well, we don't know if she could stop it if she knew or not. It's a maybe that seems too unknown for a possibly rating for me.

I was just speaking in terms of the story, not our profiles. Personally, I do believe she could prevent it if she knew how his Quirk actually worked.

Well, we don't know if she could stop it if she knew or not. It's a maybe that seems too unknown for a possibly rating for me.

I was just speaking in terms of the story, not our profiles. Personally, I do believe she could prevent it if she knew how his Quirk actually worked.
Yeah hence why a possibility rating

Back