• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

God, Izuku looks like a mess. That's clear Spider-Man influence right there. We get confirmation that OFA can be transferred from wounds touching. Which is exactly how Izuku transfer OFA to Bakugo in the movie, through the wounds on their hands. Nice to get real confirmation on this so people can stop speculating about it.

Shigaraki's been having a weird sixth sense for awhile. When Star and Stripe did her Air Giant he knew something was wrong despite not being able to see it. Now he felt something was wrong about Izuku's attack and chopped his own limb off before Izuku could hit it. IDK if that's some Quirk, but whenever something is dangerous to him he can feel it. And right before Izuku landed his big attack, Shiggy's body tried to put him back in that more durable form again with the hand armor.

Izuku's way of getting past Danger Sense and Search was really clever. Danger Sense won't alert him to digging up the ground with Blackwhip. And he took a gamble that Search can recognize the different users inside of OFA, so he was able to use the lights Shiggy sees to trick him into thinking the Danger Sense he felt was actually Izuku.

When in reality he was coming from the front. Izuku setting up that trap since last chapter is really good, since I didn't think much about the Blackwhips digging into the ground. This entire thing wouldn't have work without Smokescreen, which is really funny. Izuku proving how none of the Quirks he has are useless and took advantage of the fact Shigaraki was using the lights to track him.

Gearshift has been passed on and it looks like it's affecting Shigaraki's body, though he's trying to push past it. I don't know what happened to Izuku, he has a blood splatter on him that I can't really tell. It kind of looks like he has a hole in his forehead in some shots.

Izuku is using Blackwhip to keep himself moving in every single way. We can see Blackwhip inside of his mouth when he talks, showing that he's using it to move his jaw and likely keep it in place. Seriously, his control over this Quirk has become insane, pretty sure he's far better than Banjo at using Blackwhip.

The big thing is that Shigaraki and Izuku are seeing each others memories from doing this. They saw Shigaraki meeting Dabi, Toga and Spinner, and Izuku vs Todoroki.

Another peak chapter from Horikoshi, and I can already tell it's about to get crazier. I hope Izuku can at least keep Blackwhip by the end of this, since that Quirk has been doing a lot of work here. As I doubt he's going to lose the stockpiled power, just all of the vestiges inside of him.

Similar to All Might, One For All has become Izuku's true Quirk. Which is why I can see all of the vestiges going away, but Izuku still keep the stored up power. Since giving away Yorichi won't get rid of the build up power, as that's become Izuku's true Quirk.

I wonder what's the big thing they're both going to see in this memory sharing thing.

Deku's big brain at work again.

Bro always comes up with the coolest strategies on the fly.[

Also it looks like my favorite Shigaraki form is about to come back. I am still praying the heads of his family actually get disembodied and separate from him like some clones. It would be really wacky./SPOILER]

A very solid chapter

I was worried that this final fight would be over too soon, but it’s getting the attention it deserves. Deku showed off genius strategies as always and looking like a dark hero while doing it. It’s also nice to see Shigaraki activate his Flesh Armor in response to the attacks as well. Every single Quirk transfer needs to first draw blood, meaning that these hella nerfed Black Whip controlled punches are still breaking Shigaraki’s skin, meaning they’re still Prime All Might level, which is good to see. Sadly it seems Shigaraki cut his own arm off last chapter and it wasn’t Black Whip that did it, but overall that’s fine. This fights choreography just keeps getting better and I can’t wait to see what else awaits in this final battle. Horikoshi always goes over the top with these guys, so I’m truly excited to see how Deku finishes this. He has 4 Quirks left he can transfer, so 4 more big blows should do the trick.

Overall peak chapter and this fight is slowly becoming one of my absolute favorites

Bakugo: “Izuku, like this, I feel I could overtake even you”

Meanwhile Izuku: *Dealing above Prime All Might level damage while at his absolute weakest with no Gearshift or Fa Jin buffs, while also using extreme big brain tactics to avoid constant insta-death

Me: “Sure Bakugo… Sure”

Bakugo: “Izuku, like this, I feel I could overtake even you”

Meanwhile Izuku: *Dealing above Prime All Might level damage while at his absolute weakest with no Gearshift or Fa Jin buffs, while also using extreme big brain tactics to avoid constant insta-death

Me: “Sure Bakugo… Sure”
The nitroglycerin must be effecting the boy's brain chemistry 😔

Deku and Shigaraki are in a league of their own, if Deku is able to retain the stockpiled power after this he'll be what Prime All Might was to everyone back in the day multiplied by a gazillion.

It's crazy that there are people who actually still think he can't beat Prime All Might when Deku would fodderize Prime All Might 😭😭 😭

I hope we see see some strategies from Shigaraki's side as well. Horikoshi should shows some of Shiggy's "gamer logic" as well especially now that he has a real life chest of skills with AFO
Shigaraki's mindset:

NvkZRNJ.gif

Looks like Shiggy moved parts of his world outwards to deflect the attack thanks to Danger Sense alerting him to what’s happening. So he blocked some of them but not En who got through.

This fight dynamic is cool af with Shigaraki adapting once more with his finger armor to reject Deku trying to hit him and uncover the trauma, and it seems we’ll have more time with the vestiges yet.

It seems like Deku CAN launch Yoichi and All Might, so I wonder what he loses if he does? I assume he’d lose the ability to give OFA away? This might turn into full confirmation that, once again, the power is his alone and he doesn’t need any of them to still have the strength they built up. We’re heading to some real cool territory.

Also definitely swapping to Kurogiri, Aizawa and Present Mic now. Here’s hoping we learn how exactly Eri’s power works in the coming chapters since she seems to be taking some spotlight.

I have the pipe dream of wanting to see tier 5 MHA, despite knowing it will never happen. I just think it would be funny to see Deku be moon level

ANYWAYS SPOILERS, who’s excited
me looking at my mha fan character who's 1 Exaton and 10 exatons with fa jin

We could still get a tier 5 feat depending on how Deku dispels that Nation wide Storm above him. If it's like a Asia wide hole in a clouds visible from space One punch Man style then we could work with that.

Plus the 4th movie is coming with Wall Might as the villain and you know those go crazy at the end with BIG BOOMS.

We could still get a tier 5 feat depending on how Deku dispels that Nation wide Storm above him. If it's like a Asia wide hole in a clouds visible from space One punch Man style then we could work with that.

Plus the 4th movie is coming with Wall Might as the villain and you know those go crazy at the end with BIG BOOMS.
Like even after Deku gets rid of all the Quirks in one for all

The fight wouldn't end

Official chapter is out.

Shigaraki seems to have some resistance to the transfer... is this resistance to Power Bestowal? Actually, is what Izuku doing a different kind of ability that we have on the wiki? Regardless, Shigaraki's weird evolving body can protect himself physically and from whatever attacks Izuku is doing.

Good to see Gentle and the others were able to safely land the U.A. Fortress. With a call back to Hatsume's little spy drone thing, which is why the people can still see this fight. I have no idea where this is going, nor why we're ending on Eri. Her horn looks pretty big and sharp, so I guess she's good for some kind of rewind?

Unless Aizawa and Present Mic suddenly come back with Kurogiri, I have no idea what she's going to attempt. And Aizawa wouldn't let her near that battlefield in the first place. Not without something that could guarantee her safety. Rewinding Izuku would be a massive boon, boy looks like he could use a reset even with Gearshift gone.

Considering we saw a memory of some man in a suit holding the hand of a black hair Tenko, that gives more credit to AFO giving him Decay theory. Not fully certain on how that could play into anything at this rate since AFO is still dead as of now and Shigaraki already hates him with every fiber of his being. And Izuku is motivated enough.

From my understanding of Shigaraki's character, I don't see how this could change anything currently happening beyond being even more angry at AFO for ruining his life. I don't dislike the idea since it doesn't take away from anything, I just can't see what it could add at this point. Maybe that extra hatred will power him up even more?

We still don't know what the trump card inside of Shigaraki is, so there's still going to be some back and forth here.

Also, I pray to god someone finally got Lady Nagant off that rooftop. Open wounds around her body, laying on a dirty floor while it's raining, that's just begging for an infection. Be very funny if Lady Nagant survived her body exploding from the inside and just dies later for passing out in the rain.

Official chapter is out.

Also, I pray to god someone finally got Lady Nagant off that rooftop. Open wounds around her body, laying on a dirty floor while it's raining, that's just begging for an infection. Be very funny if Lady Nagant survived her body exploding from the inside and just dies later for passing out in the rain.

Didn't rock lock bring her there, so he probably did

Last we saw her, which was in chapter 406, she was awake but still lying on the roof trying to get up.

We've also saw a full shot of that roof and she was alone.

From the time between chapter 379 and 406, she's just been laying there.
[insert amimir cat]

Back