• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Villains usually don't fair well on the MHA popularity polls.
Seems that way, which is weird because Villains are more popular than heroes in most shows.

When will we give Deku his 120% key ? Since he won't be getting any new feats in that form (which is a shame, we didn't get to see much of it)

When will we give Deku his 120% key ? Since he won't be getting any new feats in that form (which is a shame, we didn't get to see much of it)
There is no form, that's just the "percentage" output of his Overdrive attack.

It was just a special attack that is OFA + Fa Jin + Gearshift at Top Gear.

It's already mentioned on his profile, the only new key would be an End of Series thing since he lost the extra Quirks. Assuming he still has any kind of powers.

Met a redditor the other day. He deadass believed Wolfram was stronger than All Might, could beat Current Shigaraki and that Current Shigaraki would lose to Wolfram, Nine and Flect Turn.

Met a redditor the other day. He deadass believed Wolfram was stronger than All Might, could beat Current Shigaraki and that Current Shigaraki would lose to Wolfram, Nine and Flect Turn.
Current Shigaraki would lose to Wolfram, Nine, AND Flect Turn, but definitely not Wolfram, Nine, OR Flect Turn.

Oh god he’s here.

And no, no he wouldn’t. Shigaraki would stomp all 3 of them at the same time.
I meant specifically all 3 at the same time. Individually, or even 2 on 1, they couldn't beat him. I feel like they could MAYBE do a 3v1 if Nine got the drop. He can steal Quirks too, right?

I meant specifically all 3 at the same time. Individually, or even 2 on 1, they couldn't beat him. I feel like they could MAYBE do a 3v1 if Nine got the drop. He can steal Quirks too, right?
Yeah Shigaraki stomps all 3.

Touches the ground, Wolfram is done. Nine and Flect Turn might be safe, but Shigaraki blitzes and steals Nine’s quirks then bullies Flect Turn by dropping a storm on him.

Nine CAN steal quirks but it’s incredibly slow and weaker than AFO itself. Nine would touch Shigaraki to try take a quirk and then Shigaraki touches him back and instantly kills him.

Yeah Shigaraki stomps all 3.

Touches the ground, Wolfram is done. Nine and Flect Turn might be safe, but Shigaraki blitzes and steals Nine’s quirks then bullies Flect Turn by dropping a storm on him.

Nine CAN steal quirks but it’s incredibly slow and weaker than AFO itself. Nine would touch Shigaraki to try take a quirk and then Shigaraki touches him back and instantly kills him.
Oh, I was unaware Nine was kinda just ass at Quirk stealing in comparison.

Oh, I was unaware Nine was kinda just ass at Quirk stealing in comparison.
Even if Shigaraki allowed Nine to take his quirks he could likely still win due to his sheer physicals being on par with All Might in his prime, and he’s not limited to a time or hurts himself when attacking, which is why Wolfram, Nine and Flect Turn each survived more than 5 seconds.

Even if Shigaraki allowed Nine to take his quirks he could likely still win due to his sheer physicals being on par with All Might in his prime, and he’s not limited to a time or hurts himself when attacking, which is why Wolfram, Nine and Flect Turn each survived more than 5 seconds.
I guess that's right. I keep forgetting these guys were only threats because they had a bunch of allies on hand.

Actually planning an overhaul of Wolfram's profile because he's bloody weak.

He doesn't scale to 100% Weakened All Might outside of his final and biggest attack.

And his speed doesn't even come close to All Might's level. I dislike the idea that every single student who kept up with Wolfram's attack is just an outlier, instead of the fact that All Might isn't moving at 100% in every single moment. I mean, how much clearer can it be when 5% Izuku is keeping up with his speed?

All Might's power was fluctuating since he had already reached his time limit and was struggling. Any time he'd go Plus Ultra and got serious, he overpowered anything Wolfram threw at him. It was even highlighted at the start of their fight when he couldn't push threw that metal wall, All Might and Izuku were shocked it stopped him.

Wolfram even mocked All Might on how weak that was, clearly he was not at 100%. Wolfram's power output also depends on how much metal he's controlling, the bigger the object the more powerful his attack becomes. There's be no point in making such a giant cube if that wasn't the case.

He should have a Varies rating depending on how much metal he's using for his attacks, with his max output scaling to All Might's level.

His durability is trash since Izuku and All Might knocked him out in one hit, despite the fact he raised a shield and they never made contact with him. Looking back they strike far below him and hit the base of his little tower, which causes a shockwave that blows away everything and knocks him out.

And getting one shotted isn't a durability feat to begin with.

If I may ask to any smart person in this thread, could we use K.E for AM's weather punch since I don't think even the tier 6 results would be an outlier anymore

I haven't read the entire thread on why the C.A.P.E end was used so sorry if this is stupid

He created clouds from the rising air current of his punch, which is CAPE and not KE.

We have no basis for saying he created an effect that pulled in a bunch of storm clouds.

Even in the anime, the clouds aren't drawn in, they just appear and darken the sky. They were made in that moment and, in the anime, it was even stated he created them.

He created clouds from the rising air current of his punch, which is CAPE and not KE.

We have no basis for saying he created an effect that pulled in a bunch of storm clouds.

Even in the anime, the clouds aren't drawn in, they just appear and darken the sky. They were made in that moment and, in the anime, it was even stated he created them.
All Might weather mani

Would this get any half decent results or is it, like, subsonic?
Subsonic looks generous. Izuku barely moved out of the way and his backpack was grazed. I'd say a good extremely casual feat to show how super human he is. Since lots of people still believe Izuku and others without having any Quirks are just normal humans like in real life. Labeling all of the Superhuman stuff they do as plot holes.

I doubt he'd be much faster than the truck and I doubt it was moving at highway speed or whatever. Which would be around baseline Subsonic level.

The most common speed limit is around 13 m/s and even 2x faster is not Subsonic. And Izuku clearly did not move more than 2x the distance the truck did.

His acceleration would be pretty nutty though, since he went from standing to the same or faster speed than that truck in an instant.

Low Subsonic would be the highest I can see this feat.

Back