• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Ok so TCB scans quick analysis:

1. So Shigaraki does mention that if the missiles had hit him in that weakened state he would have died.

2. Shigaraki also mentions that even before the missiles would have hit him he was extremely weakened, He phrased it as "If I weren't your enemy, my life would have been ended before I could even complain about my lack of strength". The fighter pilots also mention the purpose of this was just to wear down his super regeneration.

3. Taking a look at the colored versions of this chapter, Shigaraki probably was hit at least partially with the explosion judging from the fact he was burning when he jumped out of the hole which couldn't have been the laser. (Laser shouldn't have made him catch fire)

4. From what it looks like the Nomu was barely alive after it took the nuke, and used its last reserves of strength to explode, considering the fact Shigaraki told it to self-destruct it was near death.

5. From Shigaraki's diagram it looks like he opened a hole to escape, but the hole was open so he still took some damage from the nuke.

So my analysis effectively goes as follows.

Had Shigaraki been at 100% he probably would have survived the nuke but he would have needed his super regeneration and would have taken critical injury, the Nomu did survive the nuke but was already previously weakened from the giant laser spear and was extremely close to death.

I want to see the official version to confirm but it looks like Shigaraki should downscale the explosion. He was hit partially even in his explicitly stated weakened state, and the Nomu did survive the nuke if barely while in the same state, but it was very near death and it self-destructed immediately after being given a command.

I.E Shigaraki probably would have survived at full strength but not without grievous injury and would have needed to rely on super regeneration.
That’s what I expected. Them downscaling is already good enough.

Though now I wonder what this means for 100% Deku who kinda just one shots Shigaraki too if not for regen. Is he then comparable to the missiles?

Though now I wonder what this means for 100% Deku who kinda just one shots Shigaraki too if not for regen. Is he then comparable to the missiles?
100% Deku doesn't one Shigaraki we saw this with Quirkless Shigaraki where he hits him twice once in the head(he's able to catch it with a broken jaw, but that shouldn't be possible with one shot differences) and once in the side. If this was a one-shot difference he should have left a hole in him, and I don't want to hear the argument "deku was ripping him apart with his 100% barrage". Shigaraki's body was falling apart at this point and similar things were happening with attacks from far weaker opponents(Endeavor/Gran Torino / Bakugou)

But that's nitpicking, 100% Deku should probably scale to the full yield but not sure I need to see the calcs to see how far into High 7-A or 6-C the calc is, and how much we decide to downscale him.

One shot? Deku hit quirkless Shigaraki and Shigaraki was relatively fine AND already weakening.

Deku then wailed on Shigaraki with many, many 100% punches. Even though he was regenerating, it wasn’t like he was taking chunks out of Shigaraki or the sort. Hell, it’s implied Shigaraki going unconscious would be pretty bad and even kill him since regen depends on the brain, so Deku landing a punch straight to the noggin’ would instantly end him if he was capable of one shotting, but that clearly didn’t happen.

Last edited:
Can we get a decent guess at Star’s base body durability now? She was pretty close to the explosion, definitely within range of the shockwave, and isn’t, like, dead. So.

Ok It looks like the cloud dispersion was a lot bigger than I originally thought, I'm not sure exactly how big this is, but the radius of that shockwave looks like a few hundred kilometers. (The explosion looks small in comparison). Can someone calc this?

ri0d4Tq.png

Ok It looks like the cloud dispersion was a lot bigger than I originally thought, I'm not sure exactly how big this is, but the radius of that shockwave looks like a few hundred kilometers. (The explosion looks small in comparison). Can someone calc this?

ri0d4Tq.png
i think it is pretty clear that the explosion expanded the hole, like comparing the explosion to stars giant size and them to othe depctions of the hole itself it gets pretty obvious that the proportions do not add up, there also seens to have a shockwave coming out of the explosion as well

Last edited:
100% Deku and Bakugo: With one punch each, create a blast of air pressure which dwarfs an island.

Also 100% Deku:
Punches dozens of times at 100% in a very small enclosed space and small timeframe and doesn’t even crack the ground with air pressure.

In conclusion: All Might has no clue what he’s talking about. “Every little move at 100% would’ve caused those wind blasts and destruction everywhere he went!”

Use spoiler tags my man.

Also we wait until the official scans come out, also Therefir seem to have a different method.

The Near High-End Nomu survived, albeit only somewhat. And the Nomu was weakened like Shigaraki was with the lasers and other attacks, so I imagine it'd take less damage. If the blast comes out to Island level, who should be able to downscale Shigaraki to Large Mountain level. Since Shigaraki and the Nomu have similar durability.

Though this depends on the results of the crater.

Apparently Shigaraki's life was in danger just from the explosion of one of those jets at point-blank range, so him scaling to anything close to the missile strike is doubtful. Will wait for official translation though.

Apparently Shigaraki's life was in danger just from the explosion of one of those jets at point-blank range, so him scaling to anything close to the missile strike is doubtful. Will wait for official translation though.
He was also massively injured from the bomb blast and lasers, you can even see his ribs. It's even pointed out that she might be able to take him out in the state he is in.

Yeah, no.

The only reason that the explosion of one of the jets was even considered as a method to kill him was back he was in an extremely weakened state which the pilot mentioned, on top of that Star says right after that probably wouldn't have worked as his regeneration would still save him.

Yeah, no.

The only reason that the explosion of one of the jets was even considered as a method to kill him was back he was in an extremely weakened state which the pilot mentioned, on top of that Star says right after that probably wouldn't have worked as his regeneration would still save him.
We will nees officials but the one translation i read said the laser thing was just to keep him in place

We will nees officials but the one translation i read said the laser thing was just to keep him in place
It also massively damaged his body, a charred body is going to be less durable than a non charred body you know.

Considering the Nomu survived the direct explosion, even while being burned by constant laser fire.

It reappears when Shigaraki begins jumping ship from ship, and Star didn’t make a new one. The giant isn’t visible on all pages because, it’s invisible, in universe.

It was there, you do know that it's actually invisible and isn't always shown correct? We see it at the end of the chapter, as the pilot tells her to crush them both.

It was shown inside of the explosion and wasn't destroyed, and was shown after the blast.

Edit: Ninja'd

It reappears when Shigaraki begins jumping ship from ship, and Star didn’t make a new one. The giant isn’t visible on all pages because, it’s invisible, in universe.
It was there, you do know that it's actually invisible and isn't always shown correct? We see it at the end of the chapter, as the pilot tells her to crush them both.

It was shown inside of the explosion and wasn't destroyed, and was shown after the blast.

Edit: Ninja'd
weird he is even behind star and way further away from the crater, maybe he got pushed away like star herself?

Hold up on that one champ, She's definitely hypersonic, but from what we know she caught Cruise missiles, not ballistic ones(need to hear from a translator on that one) which would put her at >Mach 6(the fastest cruise HyperSonic Missile today). If we get confirmation of ballistic missiles it's> Mach 27.

I'd lowball that calc with Mach 6 speeds until we get confirmation on ballistic / cruise missiles. KE feats are generally dicey, this one works because we have a stated speed but keep it lowballed.
That’s irrelevant because not only are these intercontinental missles but in the previous official manga it was called hypersonic missles

I guess lots of people don't use SPOILER, not just these two. Since I'm seeing a lot of comments without the SPOILER in this thread, how did I miss that?

The missile feat is worthless, she raised her hand three seconds before they hit her. And they slammed into her hand, she can be slower than them and do that. Not saying she is, but there is no feat there.

Shigaraki and his flying High-End have the same amount of durability, they survived the same attacks from Star and Stripe with similar damage, so they are fully comparable.

And Shigaraki was charred by the giant laser not by the blast, because I have to remind people that even being ten meters away from the epicenter of the blast would tremendously decrease the amount of energy Shigaraki would take, so if Shigaraki was burned even while being underground then he wouldn't scale at all.

f what I've heard from spoilers is true, Shiggy could be taking Star's Quirk. If that happens, I don't see how Deku has any chance of winning against Shiggy period outside of some wild Deus ex Machina PIS.
I

Read the spoilers if you dare.
Nothing is confirmed here, until the official scans come out we can't say what her rating is beyond scaling to Shigaraki's dura. Right now this is just speculation based on the current feat in the leaks.

I highly doubt Shigaraki is taking her Quirk.

Read the spoilers if you dare.
Nothing is confirmed here, until the official scans come out we can't say what her rating is beyond scaling to Shigaraki's dura. Right now this is just speculation based on the current feat in the leaks.

I highly doubt Shigaraki is taking her Quirk.
Pretty sure he's taking her quirk

Back