• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah on second looking, I don't think hypersonic is really the play just rechecked the spoilers star already has her hands in place to catch the missiles before they even touch her, she moves because of the force but you clearly see her palm is in the line of fire of the missiles, the only feat she really gets is having the strength and bare reaction speed to grip the missiles in time, but it's not even close to a hypersonic feat
Z15UiNm.jpg
BIG OOF
Pain

Yeah on second looking, I don't think hypersonic is really the play just rechecked the spoilers star already has her hands in place to catch the missiles before they even touch her, she moves because of the force but you clearly see her palm is in the line of fire of the missiles, the only feat she really gets is having the strength and bare reaction speed to grip the missiles in time, but it's not even close to a hypersonic feat
Z15UiNm.jpg
BIG OOF
She literally smacked Shigaraki in the face several times over.

The question is, how far is she into hypersonic?

Every step forward is a step back.

I am used to this disappointment
Cobsidering how strict this site is with KE it would never be accepted to begin with

Also if accepted verses with higher speed scaling and heavier creature would abuse this to get ridiculous inflated results, so it is for the better

Let's use this as a lesson guys, wait for officials or at least scanlations before we start making calcs? I'm going off this site until scanlations are out.

It would need an direct statement
Star is punching a guy who realistically, should be able to blitz a character moving supersonically relatively easily. It's pretty obvious as to why she's hypersonic. You don't need a direct statement for something as "in your face" as this.

Cobsidering how strict this site is with KE it would never be accepted to begin with

Also if accepted verses with higher speed scaling and heavier creature would abuse this to get ridiculous inflated results, so it is for the better
It's not so strict to the point that it'd deny basic common sense. It's really obvious Star's punches have a shit ton of KE anyways if they're able to create shock waves. Hell, THE VERSE ITSELF CONFIRMS THAT CHARACTERS GENERATE KE THROUGH MOVEMENT. Look at Fajin. What more evidence do you need?

Star is punching a guy who realistically, should be able to blitz a character moving supersonically relatively easily. It's pretty obvious as to why she's hypersonic. You don't need a direct statement for something as "in your face" as this.

It's not so strict to the point that it'd deny basic common sense. It's really obvious Star's punches have a shit ton of KE anyways if they're able to create shock waves. Hell, THE VERSE ITSELF CONFIRMS THAT CHARACTERS GENERATE KE THROUGH MOVEMENT. Look at Fajin. What more evidence do you need?
Meh using kinetic energy is fine but the speed would in fact need an direct statement

Can you send the calc anywhay want to check it out regardless

Meh using kinetic energy is fine but the speed would in fact need an direct statement
I'll explain this to you step by step.
  • Deku is able to move at supersonic speeds because he can dodge bullets, and create vapor cones and shock waves.
  • Someone like All Might who wasn't anywhere close to his max-speed was completely speed-blitzing 5% Deku and Bakugou who at certain points, couldn't even react/nor view his attacks.
  • Shigaraki at a bare minimum should be comparable to All Might when he's holding back that much.
  • Star slaps the shit out of Shigaraki while he's traveling towards her. Therefore, suggesting she's fast enough to deal with his insane speed.
This isn't calc-stacking. This is determined through the actual canonicity of the verse and common sense.

• Deku is able to move at supersonic speeds because he can dodge bullets, and create vapor cones and shock waves.
  • Someone like All Might who wasn't anywhere close to his max-speed was completely speed-blitzing 5% Deku and Bakugou who at certain points, couldn't even react/nor view his attacks.
  • Shigaraki at a bare minimum should be comparable to All Might when he's holding back that much.
  • Star slaps the shit out of Shigaraki while he's traveling towards her. Therefore, suggesting she's fast enough to deal with his insane speed.
This isn't calc-stacking. This is determined through the actual canonicity of the verse and common sense.
You should ask calc group members about this,but doubt this gets accepted

Anywhay can you send the calc ?

Don’t missiles move way faster when in upper atmosphere? The missiles were clearly pretty high up when we first saw them. I thought they’d slow down a bit, since y’know, air resistance.

In one of the world heroes trailers, Deku, who has Class 25 to Class K lifting strength, is struggling to pull up a rusty old truck up a hill with blackwhip instead of just lifting it with ease and walking up the hill.

Sus.
I guess we’ll ignore it tho.

Or say it’s the future, so clearly the truck is way heavier, or somethin’.

Oh no, Blues dad was the main villain. Dad for One strikes again.
Inb4, Deku's Dad turns out to be AFO's long lost son. He's hiding so that his daddy won't find him anywhere.

Actually, depending on how you theorize things, this being the case actually explains just about everything.

Last edited:
People probrably sleeping
I've seen people comment "dead thread" several times in threads that are lively as it can be with comments and discussions happening almost every day.
This thread is fricking active especially by this site's standards and especially when compared to the times where MHA's story doesn't have feats.

These "dead thread" comments are f'n bizarre and silly.

I've seen people comment "dead thread" several times in threads that are lively as it can be with comments and discussions happening almost every day.
This thread is fricking active especially by this site's standards and especially when compared to the times where MHA's story doesn't have feats.

Lmao right? Look at the Fire Force thread if you want to see an example of a dead thread.

...or verse for that matter christ. I thought Jujustu Kaisen was bad with being stalled by endless speed debates, but FF doesn't even get a peep despite the actual goated feats there.

Main reason to hang with MHA on this site is because it's super active which is great.

True. This battles thread is one of the most vibrant in the whole site. Not many threads can spawn hundreds of comments in only 10 hours.

Yeah this discussion is awesome most of the time. At this point i just stay here in the site just to see jojo, dragon ball, gurren lagann and my hero related stuff.

Lmao right? Look at the Fire Force thread if you want to see an example of a dead thread.

...or verse for that matter christ. I thought Jujustu Kaisen was bad with being stalled by endless speed debates, but FF doesn't even get a peep despite the actual goated feats there.

Main reason to hang with MHA on this site is because it's super active which is great.
Yeah, and Fire Force is relatively popular with a lot of feats.
Same thing for Slime Isekai. The discussion is virtually not existence besides 1 or 2 users making the occasional small CRTs.
Kemono Jihen simply doesn't even have any threads at all, I don't see a lot of Mushoku Tensei discussions either. Hunter x Hunter discussions take breaks as long as Togashi's.

There's a number of people from the wiki's internal forum that never crossed over this forum for whatever various reasons.

Should Star scale to the explosion somewhat? She’s right beside her giant which gets enveloped in the explosion when it goes off. She has her super strength off too, so… that’d be… hmmm…

Ok so TCB scans quick analysis:

1. So Shigaraki does mention that if the missiles had hit him in that weakened state he would have died.

2. Shigaraki also mentions that even before the missiles would have hit him he was extremely weakened, He phrased it as "If I weren't your enemy, my life would have been ended before I could even complain about my lack of strength". The fighter pilots also mention the purpose of this was just to wear down his super regeneration.

3. Taking a look at the colored versions of this chapter, Shigaraki probably was hit at least partially with the explosion judging from the fact he was burning when he jumped out of the hole which couldn't have been the laser. (Laser shouldn't have made him catch fire)

4. From what it looks like the Nomu was barely alive after it took the nuke, and used its last reserves of strength to explode, considering the fact Shigaraki told it to self-destruct it was near death.

5. From Shigaraki's diagram it looks like he opened a hole to escape, but the hole was open so he still took some damage from the nuke.

So my analysis effectively goes as follows.

Had Shigaraki been at 100% he probably would have survived the nuke but he would have needed his super regeneration and would have taken critical injury, the Nomu did survive the nuke but was already previously weakened from the giant laser spear and was extremely close to death.

I want to see the official version to confirm but it looks like Shigaraki should downscale the explosion. He was hit partially even in his explicitly stated weakened state, and the Nomu did survive the nuke if barely while in the same state, but it was very near death and it self-destructed immediately after being given a command.

I.E Shigaraki probably would have survived at full strength but not without grievous injury and would have needed to rely on super regeneration.

1. So Shigaraki does mention that if the missiles had hit him in that weakened state he would have died.

2. Shigaraki also mentions that even before the missiles would have hit him he was extremely weakened, He phrased it as "If I weren't your enemy, my life would have been ended before I could even complain about my lack of strength". The fighter pilots also mention the purpose of this was just to wear down his super regeneration.

3. Taking a look at the colored versions of this chapter, Shigaraki probably was hit at least partially with the explosion judging from the fact he was burning when he jumped out of the hole which couldn't have been the laser. (Laser shouldn't have made him catch fire)

4. From what it looks like the Nomu was barely alive after it took the nuke, and used its last reserves of strength to explode, considering the fact Shigaraki told it to self-destruct it was near death.

5. From Shigaraki's diagram it looks like he opened a hole to escape, but the hole was open so he still took some damage from the nuke.

Had Shigaraki been at 100% he probably would have survived the nuke but he would have needed his super regeneration and would have taken critical injury, the Nomu did survive the nuke but was already previously weakened from the giant laser spear and was extremely close to death.

I want to see the official version to confirm but it looks like Shigaraki should downscale the explosion. He was hit partially even in his explicitly stated weakened state, and the Nomu did survive the nuke if barely while in the same state, but it was very near death and it self-destructed immediately after being given a command.

I.E Shigaraki probably would have survived at full strength but not without grievous injury and would have needed to rely on super regeneration.
So assuming this remains true everyone downscales. Darn that makes sense but it’s a bit sad

This is as expected. And it also does confirm super regeneration just like other quirks can be worn out if overused.

This is as expected. And it also does confirm super regeneration just like other quirks can be worn out if overused.
I'd actually say that's not exactly correct, with massive continuous damage Shigaraki can be made vulnerable, but Shigaraki still regenerates from all the damage he takes by the end of this chapter(10-20 seconds max).

In fact, when one of the fighter guys attempts to sacrifice himself Star comments it probably wouldn't work because his super regeneration would still save him.

In the war arc, Shigaraki would regenerate but it got slower during the war as he kept taking damage due to his incomplete body.

The way it works now it looks like damage doesn't stack as long he gets time to recover in between blows.

Effectively, this means that stronger blows take him longer to regenerate and while he's recovering he is more vulnerable to wounds, but the quirk isn't actually regenerating any slower it's just taking longer due to more damage.

Back