• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

They needed a whole rube goldberg mission to keep up with Deku's 100% speed.

Iida' Recipro turbo + Bakugou's Cluster Explosions + Todoroki's FlashFreeze Heatwave + Ochako zero gravity + Mina's acid armor + Dark Shadow + Sato + Shoji
IsP6yhC.jpeg
This is great lol.

I can’t believe a god damn bat Nomu who does nothing but be a Pokémon for Shigaraki is reviving High 7-A/Tier 6.

Truly, Horikoshi is a madman.
You wanna know the funny part?

This isn't the only feat that would be 7-A. Everyone has glossed over a feat from the last chapter (and it's not a few clouds being dispersed). You'll understand in a bit. One thing is clear though;

X8L4vSx.jpg

The rest of this series is really just gonna be shiggy getting horrifically harmed (usually by burning) to the point of near death, just to have him laugh through it and escape looking like a half zombie just to regenerate a few chapters later.

Correct, but only because they low-balled Star's punching speed. She catches hypersonic missiles, lol.
This is true.

Like deadass, this is true.

She is not normal. She is legit hypersonic no matter what we say lol. No calc stacking or anything. She’s just flat out hypersonic.

This is true.

Like deadass, this is true.

She is not normal. She is legit hypersonic no matter what we say lol. No calc stacking or anything. She’s just flat out hypersonic.
Someone like 5% Deku is capable of avoiding assault rifle fire while moving a few meters. And someone like All Might can blitz him while at a fraction of his speed. Not even using 100%.

S&S is at least within the double digits of Mach, even discounting calculations.

Someone like 5% Deku is capable of avoiding assault rifle fire while moving a few meters. And someone like All Might can blitz him while at a fraction of his speed. Not even using 100%.

S&S is at least within the double digits of Mach, even discounting calculations.
Hold up on that one champ, She's definitely hypersonic, but from what we know she caught Cruise missiles, not ballistic ones(need to hear from a translator on that one) which would put her at >Mach 6(the fastest cruise HyperSonic Missile today). If we get confirmation of ballistic missiles it's> Mach 27.

I'd lowball that calc with Mach 6 speeds until we get confirmation on ballistic / cruise missiles. KE feats are generally dicey, this one works because we have a stated speed but keep it lowballed.

Idk how you can even refute that honestly?

She’s just, by actual lore and feats, hypersonic. No calcs, no scaling, no fan intervention whatsoever. She’s hypersonic by the verses own standards.

That should be factored in for a lot of stuff now, actually. That at bare minimum, people on or above Star’s level are hypersonic in speed and reaction.

I don’t know what to even say to that tbh.

Is this… happy?

Star's speed is definitely lowballed. No matter how slow those lasers are since Lightspeed won't be accepted, they must at least be hypersonic (I'd argue way faster and closer to lightspeed but that won't be accepted) and she reacted and caught one of them right after it hit her but before it got past her.

Star's speed is definitely lowballed. No matter how slow those lasers are since Lightspeed won't be accepted, they must at least be hypersonic (I'd argue way faster and closer to lightspeed but that won't be accepted) and she reacted and caught one of them right after it hit her but before it got past her.
It didn't get past her because it hit her.

the missiles are hypersonicbut did star directly states that she can catch them ? it would also probrably need the distance or something

4DShl3Q.jpg

Yeah, she does in this panel(One of the pilots asks if she'll be able to touch them and Star confirms, but she'll have to give up on the lasers rule)

4DShl3Q.jpg

Yeah, she does in this panel(One of the pilots asks if she'll be able to touch them and Star confirms, but she'll have to give up on the lasers rule)
them hypersonic should be fine but some will say we would also need the distance she would be able to catch them , still don't know how to get 7-A with a giant made of air , unless you say the speed got multiplied by the size which has 0% chance of ever being accepted

them hypersonic should be fine but some will say we would also need the distance she would be able to catch them , still don't know how to get 7-A with a giant made of air , unless you say the speed got multiplied by the size which has 0% chance of ever being accepted
The missiles don't even matter. Canonically speaking, Star is far faster than characters who have been known to be able to move supersonically. That alone would make her dozens of times faster than sound.

The missiles don't even matter. Canonically speaking, Star is far faster than characters who have been known to be able to move supersonically. That alone would make her dozens of times faster than sound.
Yeah still don't get mountain level can you send the calc

Yeah unfortunately though that wouldn't fly KE feats are only valid on stated speeds otherwise standard punching speed is assumed, KE is incredibly dicy in fiction and using it for calcs only works in specific instances.

Yeah on second looking, I don't think hypersonic is really the play just rechecked the spoilers star already has her hands in place to catch the missiles before they even touch her, she moves because of the force but you clearly see her palm is in the line of fire of the missiles, the only feat she really gets is having the strength and bare reaction speed to grip the missiles in time, but it's not even close to a hypersonic feat
Z15UiNm.jpg
BIG OOF

Yeah on second looking, I don't think hypersonic is really the play just rechecked the spoilers star already has her hands in place to catch the missiles before they even touch her, she moves because of the force but you clearly see her palm is in the line of fire of the missiles, the only feat she really gets is having the strength and bare reaction speed to grip the missiles in time, but it's not even close to a hypersonic feat
Z15UiNm.jpg
BIG OOF
Oof

Idk how you can even refute that honestly?

She’s just, by actual lore and feats, hypersonic. No calcs, no scaling, no fan intervention whatsoever. She’s hypersonic by the verses own standards.

That should be factored in for a lot of stuff now, actually. That at bare minimum, people on or above Star’s level are hypersonic in speed and reaction.

I don’t know what to even say to that tbh.

Is this… happy?
I've gotta burst your bubble there man.

Back