• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just don't want Lightspeed MHA. Lasers in MHA have always been Lightspeed. Aoyama, Flect Turn, and now these jets all use lasers. These lasers are reflected by mirrors or quirks that can manipulate light all time. Like we know Aoyama's suit has fibre-optic type tech to reflect his lasers so why would they not be Lightspeed. Flect just outright has mirrors. Shigaraki uses reflect and refract to redirect the lasers, etc

Like MHA had one of the most consistent treatment of lasers in fiction.
It's not that people don't want SoL or FTL MHA. It's just that it's inconsistent. Yeah, MHA has the fact that no lasers are really contradicted, but at the same time they are never stated to be the SoL. Let's also not forget how guns are still useful in MHA to some degree. They are never treaded as useless.(at least not that I remember) Like, if Horikoshi would just call the jet laser SoL we would be golden, but he doesn't. And whats more damning is the Hypersonic rockets. I doubt Horikoshi himself thinks the verse is anywhere close to SoL or FTL.

But hey, maybe when Shigaraki and AFO merge they will be stronger than ever and Horikoshi will throw in a statement "Even the speed of light is nothing compared to how truly fast I am now!" or something like that lol

Anyway that's my take on it.

It's not that people don't want SoL or FTL MHA. It's just that it's inconsistent. Yeah, MHA has the fact that no lasers are really contradicted, but at the same time they are never stated to be the SoL. Let's also not forget how guns are still useful in MHA to some degree. They are never treaded as useless.(at least not that I remember) Like, if Horikoshi would just call the jet laser SoL we would be golden, but he doesn't. And whats more damning is the Hypersonic rockets. I doubt Horikoshi himself thinks the verse is anywhere close to SoL or FTL.

But hey, maybe when Shigaraki and AFO merge they will be stronger than ever and Horikoshi will throw in a statement "Even the speed of light is nothing compared to how truly fast I am now!" or something like that lol

Why are the hypersonic missles damming? Horikoshi is just creating realistic missles why would a missle move at the speed of light?

I don’t think the Hypersonic missiles are damming. It’s not like Shigaraki got hit by the travel of them; SS just grabbed them and threw them at the Nomu. It doesn’t contradict any speed feat

Guys, I thought Rusty just said earlier that the lightspeed topic is derailing this thread?

Well, I can create a Calc Group thread to get input from more members on the topic instead of restricting it to just people familiar with MHA.

In the meantime ima make a entirely new thread about the speed upgrade for mha. The laser feats can’t go unlooked it’s been that way for too long now and we’re in the endgame of mha.

In the meantime ima make a entirely new thread about the speed upgrade for mha. The laser feats can’t go unlooked it’s been that way for too long now and we’re in the endgame of mha.
Yh do that, tag me in I don’t think their ftl but they should def be at least a little higher than high hypersonic

Last edited:
I've seen your CRT's, I wouldn't recommend it
I would based on all of my CRT and my latest one for speed. I had multiple ppl agreeing with me and most of the anti feats brought up literally got debunked, especially rn with the latest feat of light refracted lasers being caught etc would easily make characters be higher than high hypersonic.

@TheRustyOne; I've gone back over Therefir's critique of the alternate method and I've decided to accept the 1km end for now.

Could you post a list of the exact ratings & justifications here using that calc, or link to a sandbox if you've created one for that.

I'd like to just review the scaling justifications and see how everything lines up before approving.

Shigaraki: '''Mountain level+''' 640 Megatons (Is equal to a Near High-End Nomu, who barely survived the explosion of 10 Tiamat Missiles. Which means he should be able to withstand the explosion of a single missile. Is stated to be as strong as weakened All Might. Was able to take countless 100% Smashes, from Deku, who is stronger than he was in Heroes Rising. Albeit he took heavy injures even with regeneration. Heroes Rising Deku performed a 740 Megaton feat, with the air pressure from his punch)

USJ All Might: '''Mountain level+''' (Is stated to be just as durable as Shigaraki, who can withstand the explosion of a single Tiamat missile. Is equal to the USJ Nomu in strength, who is strong enough to harm him), '''higher''' with Plus Ultra

USJ Nomu: '''Mountain level+''' (Can injure weakened All Might, who is just as durable as Shigaraki), '''higher''' with Shock Absorption (Withstood over three hundred hits from Plus Ultra All Might)

High-End/Hood: '''Mountain level+''' (The doctor states that their stats are beyond the Upper-Tier Nomu, which should at least make the comparable to the USJ Nomu)

Gigantomachia: '''Mountain level+''' (Pulverized part of a mountain over a short period of time. Destroyed 20 cities on his way to Shigaraki. Doctor Garaki, despite unleashing dozens of Near High-End Nomu, believed that Machia's arrive would bring total destruction. Was able to take a fire enhanced attack from Endeavor, despite being weakened with a sedative)

Endeavor: '''Mountain level+''' 550 Megatons, Baseline 7-A+ (Is able to take a direct punch from Shigaraki, though his head was bleeding from the hit. Is able to take being tossed through buildings by Hood. Is able to clash with Shigaraki's Air Cannon, which is strong enough to harm him)

Two Heroes/Kamino All Might: '''Mountain level+''' higher than 550 Megatons, less than 640 Megatons. (Is slightly weaker than before, but is still stronger than Endeavor), '''higher''' with Plus Ultra

Mirko: '''Mountain level+''' > 640 Megatons with Rabbit (Her kicks are strong enough to tear off body parts of multiple High-Ends), Base Dura '''Mountain level''' 100 Megatons, Baseline 7-A (Able to survive being thrown by a Hospital High-End], who is comparable in strength to [[Hood]], though its attack heavily damaged her] even when she soften the impact with her legs. Implied that she wouldn't have been able to keep moving if it weren't for that), '''higher''' with Rabbit (Her legs can withstand the recoil of her kicks)

Crust: '''Mountain level+''' 550 MT with Shield (His shields can cause some damage to the High-Ends), '''higher''' 640 MT with Shield (Is able to block hits from the High-Ends)

Nejire: Possibly '''Mountain level+''' 550 MT (Might have been able to injure a Near High-End, which are stated to be as strong as Hood. AFO considered her and Todoroki's Quirks to be powerful)

Best Jeanist: '''Mountain level+''' 640 MT with Carbon Fibers (Was able to restrain and struggle against Gigantomachia for a period of time, but was overpowered eventually)

100% BoS Deku and Muscular: '''Mountain level+''' (Is equal to Two Heroes/Kamino All Might, who is superior to Endeavor. Muscular can take a direct hit from 100%, and overpower a slightly weakened 100% punch)

45% Deku: '''Mountain level+''' 550 MT (Took a direct hit from AFO Shigaraki to the stomach, though it made him cough up blood. Is able to injure those that can harm him)

Lady Nagant: '''Mountain level+''' with Rifle (Is able to break through Deku's Mid-Gauntlet with her bullets, which can withstand his 45% without breaking. Is able to hurt 45% Deku with a jab from her rifle)

Dabi: '''Mountain level+''' higher than 550 MT with Flashfire (His flames are stated to be superior to Endeavor's, and was able to overpower Shoto's Flashfire)

Shoto: '''Mountain level+''' 550 MT with Flashfire/Flashfreeze (Is capable of using Flashfire on the same level as Endeavor, and was able to injure a weakened AFO Shigaraki alongside Nejire)

Prime All Might/Current 100% Deku: At least '''Mountain level+''' 740 Megatons or High 7-A/1 Gigaton via upscaling, '''higher''' with Fa Jin

I think this is it

45% Deku: '''Mountain level+''' 550 MT (Took a direct hit from AFO Shigaraki to the stomach, though it made him cough up blood. Is able to injure those that can harm him)

Is able to injure those that can harm him

This is a bad justification.

Instead of saying he can "injure those who can harm him", just say who he injured so we can see who he is scaling to.

For a better reasoning, I imagine him kicking away Nagant's bullet should be enough.

The bullets pack enough power to harm him, but he is capable of stopping them with a kick.

45% Deku: (Is able to stop Lady Nagant's bullets with a kick, which are strong enough to injure him)

What about Deku kicking Shigaraki? Did we agreed it was 45% or 100%?

For a better reasoning, I imagine him kicking away Nagant's bullet should be enough.

The bullets pack enough power to harm him, but he is capable of stopping them with a kick.

45% Deku: (Is able to stop Lady Nagant's bullets with a kick, which are strong enough to injure him)
Isn't that more of a durability feat for his Iron Soles (which we already know are extremely tough)?

I don't see any indication that he is actually using 45% there.

Isn't that more of a durability feat for his Iron Soles (which we already know are extremely tough)?

I don't see any indication that he is actually using 45% there.
45% is basically implied to be his new 5%, as shown in the doctor's office. So he should be using 45%.

Also power matter here, not how durable his shoes are, since he's in the air. Durable soles wouldn't stop the bullet. He kicked it with enough force to stop it completely. It also isn't like he let the bullet hit his shoe, he kicked it from the side causing it to stop and spin.

Hey so apparently I have to do this again, I was going over the scaling talk here, and apparently, people are forgetting that Shigaraki did react to 100% Deku. Why does no one talk about the time Shigaraki countered one of Deku's 100% punches with an air cannon. I know I brought this up before.

Because he puts his arm up before Deku even throws the punch, and we see the sound effect coming from his hand before Deku throws the punch.

Also Shigaraki wasn't able to stop or react to Deku at all, if he could hold his hand out and fire an Air Cannon. He'd be able to just touch Deku, in fact it'd be easier for him to touch Deku than fire an Air Cannon. He also didn't react whatsoever when Deku punched him three times rapidly in the stomach.

And I'm not fully certain if his 100% punches carry the same speed as when he is in Full Cowl.

Since Muscular, who can be dodged by 5% even at his full speed, was able to react and block a 100% punch from Izuku. Despite not even knowing Izuku could do that.

Not fully certain on this, because maybe I'm just dumb here. But that seems a little weird to me.

Because he puts his arm up before Deku even throws the punch, and we see the sound effect coming from his hand before Deku throws the punch.

Also Shigaraki wasn't able to stop or react to Deku at all, if he could hold his hand out and fire an Air Cannon. He'd be able to just touch Deku, in fact it'd be easier for him to touch Deku than fire an Air Cannon. He also didn't react whatsoever when Deku punched him three times rapidly in the stomach.
Yeah, so that means he had to react in the time it took Deku got ready to punch , I'm not saying he's faster. That's blatantly obvious, but he was capable of putting his hand up for an air cannon in the brief respite between attacks. That means he's not seriously slower.

He was adapting to deku. He clearly didn't even realize deku was that strong until deku pulled him up into the air. He was able to guard against the next punch while still reeling from the punch.

And I'm not fully certain if his 100% punches carry the same speed as when he is in Full Cowl.

Since Muscular, who can be dodged by 5% even at his full speed, was able to react and block a 100% punch from Izuku. Despite not even knowing Izuku could do that.

Not fully certain on this, because maybe I'm just dumb here. But that seems a little weird to me.
Deku directly says Shigaraki is faster than him that can't be his 45% speed otherwise shigaraki should have been able to touch him.

Yeah, so that means he had to react in the time it took Deku got ready to punch , I'm not saying he's faster. That's blatantly obvious, but he was capable of putting his hand up for an air cannon in the brief respite between attacks. That means he's not seriously slower.

He was adapting to deku. He clearly didn't even realize deku was that strong until deku pulled him up into the air. He was able to guard against the next punch while still reeling from the punch.
Wait, Shigaraki speed is fine as is since he's HHS+.

I believe the 100% speed might be downgraded, though it hasn't been accepted yet.

If this happens, 100% is Mach 91, while Shigaraki is scaling to Mach 60 something.

Edit: I didn't say was at 45%, just that it might not equal his full 100% speed.

Hey so apparently I have to do this again, I was going over the scaling talk here, and apparently, people are forgetting that Shigaraki did react to 100% Deku. Why does no one talk about the time Shigaraki countered one of Deku's 100% punches with an air cannon. I know I brought this up before.

1) Deku in the panels right after Shigaraki “blocks” those hits goes right past his raised hands and Shigaraki can’t do anything in any capacity to stop him. You can see Deku just moving around Shigaraki’s hands and hitting his stomach. Also Shigaraki was putting his hands up defensively already to prepare for 100% attacks, so he wasn’t even reacting to the individual strikes. The fact he did nothing to prevent being hit with 3 punches to the chest right before that punch is telling that he cannot react properly to 100%.

2) That is raged out, simple movement Deku vs AFO-controlled Shigaraki. He predicted Deku’s movements and grabbed him, and even then lost a chunk of his head. That definitely isn’t him scaling.

3) Deku absolutely overpowered that Air Cannon, as shown with him being past Shigaraki with the only damage being to his breaking arm, while Shigaraki was hit so hard you can’t even see his face because the speed lines of him spinning are too violent. If he could in anyway react properly to Deku, he wouldn’t be frantically searching for a Quirk that could possibly handle him.

The current speed ratings should be fine considering Deku is only 5x faster than Shigaraki at 100%, and even then the Faux feat is probably going down to HH+ again.

Wait, Shigaraki speed is fine as is since he's HHS+.

I believe the 100% speed might be downgraded, though it hasn't been accepted yet.

If this happens, 100% is Mach 91, while Shigaraki is scaling to Mach 60 something.

Edit: I didn't say was at 45%, just that it doesn't equal his full 100% speed.
I'm ok with that, I just saw people mentioning that Shigaraki couldn't react at all to his punches and thought we weren't gonna scale them at all. Shigaraki obviously downscales, but they're still relative to each other.

45% is basically implied to be his new 5%, as shown in the doctor's office. So he should be using 45%.

Also power matter here, not how durable his shoes are, since he's in the air. Durable soles wouldn't stop the bullet. He kicked it with enough force to stop it completely. It also isn't like he let the bullet hit his shoe, he kicked it from the side causing it to stop and spin.

Doesn't that become a bit circular though?

Deku's 45% AP > Lady Nagant's bullet > Deku's Mid-Gauntlet > Deku's 45% AP ?

No he used it in the fight I’m not sure how to link chapters or images but I can show u he used it
You mean when Bakugo was stabbed? He didn’t use that to dodge anything that was it’s first awakening and he never used it again after that until he woke up from being unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back