• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Midoriya Pseudo-100% calc has terrible pixelscaling

Made a blog with updated pixelscaling, considering the same values and got a far better result.

The original calc uses meters, scaling the 1.5m high window directly to the panel height despise both being WAAAY too far apart to do so.

But using the standard method of pixelscaling, we get a totally different distance.

Original: Mach 242.93 (Massively Hypersonic)

Updated Pixelscaling: Mach 313.32 (Massively Hypersonic)

Last edited:
How do you know Izuku is as far away as that window when that bullet is that far away from Chisaki?

You did this wrong, the formula should be 2atan(tan(70deg/2)(7/703)) not 2atan(tan(70/2)(7/703)). You need the deg in there, are the results come out wrong.

However you can just do this, and get the results with far less steps.

Angular Size = object size*panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

Also yeah, I forgot why we assumed Izuku was around that distance.

You did this wrong, the formula should be 2atan(tan(70deg/2)(7/703)) not 2atan(tan(70/2)(7/703)). You need the deg in there, are the results come out wrong.

However you can just do this, and get the results with far less steps.

Angular Size = object size*panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

Also yeah, I forgot why we assumed Izuku was around that distance.
It was hard to tell, but I remember Therefir said he based it on where all the speed lines from Izuku's movement went back to. Basically, they all originated from where that window was.

He likely came from around there, but the problem is that when we see the bullet there is a text box blocking our view.

How do we know where Izuku is at that moment, he doesn't have to be the same distance as the window. He can be as close as possible, as long as he's far enough away that the text box covers him.

I don't think it is possible to tell, since we can't see him until after he pushes Chisaki away.

He likely came from around there, but the problem is that when we see the bullet there is a text box blocking our view.

How do we know where Izuku is at that moment, he doesn't have to be the same distance as the window. He can be as close as possible, as long as he's far enough away that the text box covers him.

I don't think it is possible to tell, since we can't see him until after he pushes Chisaki away.
I agree. That's why I don't currently like either calc right now.

Is there any other shot we can use to get Deku's distance?

I think... Find the distance between Chisaki and Nagant, and use that to find the time it'll takes for the bullet to reach Chisaki.

Than find the total distance Izuku moved, he swings around a building after Nagant shot her bullet. And we know he likely came from around the place the window is at, so combined the distance of that with the distance of him swinging around the building.

Than you can find Izuku's speed, would that be alright?

I think...

Find the distance between Chisaki and Nagant, and use that to find the time it'll takes for the bullet to reach Chisaki.

Than find the total distance Izuku moved, he swings around a building after Nagant shot her bullet. And we know he likely came from around the place the window is at, so combined the distance of that with the distance of him swinging around the building.

Than you can find Izuku's speed, would that be alright?
Sure thing. I can do that later today most likely.

TheRustyOne's suggestion makes the most sense. We can use the distance Deku swung + that distance from the window and compare it to the distance Nagant was from Chisaki. That's a fairer comparison because what happens is: Nagant shoots at Chisaki, then she shoots at Deku, then he swings and then goes from the window.

None of that proves Izuku was the same distance as that window, did you read my comment?
"You made a point I don't quite agree with, therefore I suspect you didn't read what I wrote"
He can be anywhere in that panel, as long as the text box is blocking him. Yes he came from that same direction, but we have no idea how close he is because of the text box.
He came from the middle, slight to the left side of the panel, it's literally the only consistent building from where he was.
He was beyond the Lady, who was aligned with Chisaki.
He was about the same part as these buildings on the middle too, as shown

The text box is a non-factor, really.

but other than that, I don't mind which method you guys use, I just wanted to point out the incorrect pixelscaling used in the currently accepted one.

"You made a point I don't quite agree with, therefore I suspect you didn't read what I wrote"
That's not at all what I said, where is this coming from?

I ask a question, is something wrong with what I said? I believed you might have missed a comment since I've done the same myself, I don't know what you're doing and I have no way of knowing if you're constantly updating the page. So I wanted to make sure you did in fact see my comment by informing you.

Damage, why do you disagree with my method as well.

Did I say something wrong, isn't that exactly what happened?

Izuku swung around the building after she fired her bullet, am I missing something?

Therefir seems to have an issue with the calc, though. That may need to be discussed.
Yes, it seems like it will need to be updated a bit.

But the old calc has to go anyway; he's wrong that the old calc should stay.

Yes, it seems like it will need to be updated a bit.

But the old calc has to go anyway; he's wrong that the old calc should stay.
Given that this definitely will be considerably lower than before, it's safe to say that any Massively Hypersonic characters will be downgraded to just scaling above the High Hypersonic+ feats.

Therefir should have a chance to speak, since he did disagree with it.

Like to see what Dragon has to say as well.

Therefir makes a solid point (also it was kinda hard for me to tell what was going on because of the art and all that, but I think I got the idea now), but the assumption here is that Deku was in Faux 100% when he did all that swinging, which is false because he was building up energy to use it, given that he only called out the move when he rushed at the bullet (and as shown numerous times, when you call out the move, it means you've just used it). As such, it would have to be 45% Deku doing the swinging, which makes even less sense because the bullet has already shown to blitz 45% Deku, yet now he's faster than it?

The old calc is much better. This rendition has far more flaws to it, whereas the old calc had the issue of "the text covers the window," which is essentially a non-issue as (as mentioned before), the speed lines in the scan all point right back to that window, heavily implying that that's where he came from.

TL;DR The new calc I did ended up being worse overall. The old calc should stay.

The old calc is much better. This rendition has far more flaws to it, whereas the old calc had the issue of "the text covers the window," which is essentially a non-issue as (as mentioned before), the speed lines in the scan all point right back to that window, heavily implying that that's where he came from.

How is that a non-issue? I don't understand; the speed lines don't prove he was that far away even if that was the direction he was coming from.

Even if the new calc can't be used the old calc has to be removed.

He had to have been that far away, which is something I can deduce from the following:

Deku was stated to have changed trajectory by Nagant after he hit her. Given that there's no sign of Blackwhip when he moved and first used Faux 100%, he had to have come from a surface (he wasn't using Float at the time, he was limiting himself to One For All, Blackwhip, and Fa Jin). The speed lines show that he would be most likely coming from the building I used in the original calc.
Even if the new calc can't be used the old calc has to be removed.
Also, I'm sorry, but just repeatedly saying "the old calc has to be removed" without any further elaboration isn't going to win the argument.

Also, I'm sorry, but just repeatedly saying "the old calc has to be removed" without any further elaboration isn't going to win the argument.

Okay, I'll make it simpler:

Simply assuming based on the direction of the speed lines that Deku was as far away as the building and he crossed that distance in the time it took the bullet to cross 1.42 meters is not proof that Deku actually was that away.

Without proof, the calc is worthless and shouldn't be used.

Simply assuming based on the direction of the speed lines that Deku was as far away as the building and he crossed that distance in the time it took the bullet to cross 1.42 meters is not proof that Deku actually was that away.
My previous reply elaborated more on the fact that it's not just the direction. Mind checking that out?

My previous reply elaborated more on the fact that it's not just the direction. Mind checking that out?
This one?

Deku was stated to have changed trajectory by Nagant after he hit her. Given that there's no sign of Blackwhip when he moved and first used Faux 100%, he had to have come from a surface (he wasn't using Float at the time, he was limiting himself to One For All, Blackwhip, and Fa Jin). The speed lines show that he would be most likely coming from the building I used in the original calc.

Even if you presume he was coming from that direction, you don't know that he's that away before the bullet crossed the 1.42 meter distance. Because we can't see him.

I will try to help with this.

I think DragonGamerZ913's newest calc is going on the right way, but he forgot to subtract the distance of the first bullet for the distance of the second one, and then use that to find Deku's speed, since it's impossible for the second bullet to have traveled more distance than the first one Nagant shot at Chisaki.

Last edited:
Scan 1

Deku's Arm = 75.6 cm or 0.756 m

Panel Height = 84.4 m

Distance = 0.756*84.4/[0.756*2tan(70/2)] = 60.26 m

Lady Nagant also moved her Rifle Arm 90 degrees in Deku's direction, and I doubt her arm is as fast as her bullet so:

Scan 2

Nagant's Height = 171 cm

Nagant's Rifle Arm = 1.2 m

Distance Her Rifle Arm Moved = (2*pi*1.2)*0.25 = 1.88 m

Total Distance = 60.26 + 1.88 = 62.14 m

Distance The First Bullet Has To Travel Before Nagant Shoots Her Second Bullet = 79.9 m

Distance Between The First Bullet And Overhaul After Her Second Bullet Reached Deku = 79.9 - 62.14 = 17.76 m

Distance Deku Swung and Traveled To Reach Overhaul = 390.95 m

Deku's Speed = (390.95 * 1422) / 17.76 = 31302.41 m/s, Mach 91.26

Damn, so close. I also put this in the comments of DragonGamer's blog.

I think this makes a lot more sense. You can put this in your own blog if you'd like.

Scan 1

Deku's Arm = 75.6 cm or 0.756 m

Panel Height = 84.4 m

Distance = 0.756*84.4/[0.756*2tan(70/2)] = 60.26 m

Lady Nagant also moved her Rifle Arm 90 degrees in Deku's direction, and I doubt her arm is as fast as her bullet so:

Scan 2

Nagant's Height = 171 cm

Nagant's Rifle Arm = 1.2 m

Distance Her Rifle Arm Moved = (2*pi*1.2)*0.25 = 1.88 m

Total Distance = 60.26 + 1.88 = 62.14 m

Distance The First Bullet Has To Travel Before Nagant Shoots Her Second Bullet = 79.9 m

Distance Between The First Bullet And Overhaul After Her Second Bullet Reached Deku = 79.9 - 62.14 = 17.76 m

Distance Deku Swung and Traveled To Reach Overhaul = 390.95 m

Deku's Speed = (390.95 * 1422) / 17.76 = 31302.41 m/s, Mach 91.26

Damn, so close. I also put this in the comments of DragonGamer's blog.
I believe the Attack Speed in the movie is Mach 100+, can't we use that too?

Back