• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be off from the forums for a while too. Cya.
Aw welp I genuinely hope u have a good one while you're off and have a good chill time to relax your mental same to you Damage if you're still planning on taking a break from this thread

You can ask him when he gets unbanned.
ddXt0p1.jpeg

I don't care if we stick with displacement or vaporization. What I don't like is people acting like wanting to figure out if a certain method would be better is suddenly shocking or an issue, as if that hasn't been done for thousands of other calcs on this wiki. Did the possibility of having higher results spark intrigue and positivity for it? Yes, of course it would, but we wouldn't have stuck with that train of logic if there was no basis behind it.

I absolutely do not enjoy seeing a blatant disregard for the thoughts of others being put under the blanket statement of "oh, where were you guys for X if you're so adamant about it now" as if new ideas don't pop up for methods of calcing all the time.
I'm gonna second this. @Damage3245 we get your trying to play devil's advocate for this feat and that's fine it's your job as moderator, but half of your arguments have come off as just attempting to downscale for the sake of downscaling, and when you start saying snarky comments it can really annoy people who've been arguing with you for days on this topic. There's a line on what constitutes moderation please understand this.

I'm gonna second this. @Damage3245 we get your trying to play devil's advocate for this feat and that's fine it's your job as moderator, but half of your arguments have come off as just attempting to downscale for the sake of downscaling, and when you start saying snarky comments it can really annoy people who've been arguing with you for days on this topic. There's a line on what constitutes moderation please understand this.
I apologize for my earlier comment. Was just venting my frustration that everybody seemed to hop so quickly on the alternative being presented if it meant retaining the upgrades.

Of course I understand that people are probably just genuinely convinced by it.

I apologize for my earlier comment. Was just venting my frustration that everybody seemed to hop so quickly on the alternative being presented if it meant retaining the upgrades.

I mean that's a normal response on our part and looking into it I'd say we found decent enough evidence to prove the alternative method provided just like you or anyone else on the wiki we're simply wanting things to be represented in what we believe is the most accurate way possible and if upgrades can be made along the way without trying to be disingenuous then that's great and this is one such case where I personally believe it to be logically sound to go with what we've been arguing for since it was presented

Nah it's good, I can understand your frustration. Just remember this next time

Though if you could can I finally get an explanation as to why E=M*C*delta(t) couldn't be used for some feats (Example Endeavour's Flames or Bakugou's nitroglycerin explosions), I've only been giving a blank It wouldn't work, so I just want to know why

Though if you could can I finally get an explanation as to why E=M*C*delta(t) couldn't be used for some feats (Example Endeavour's Flames or Bakugou's nitroglycerin explosions), I've only been giving a blank It wouldn't work, so I just want to know why
Considering how this verse specifically treats heat attacks I wouldn't use that method because Horikoshi really likes drawing burnt Shigaraki() and just in general treats flames like they can harm anything that has super regeneration because then Horikoshi gets to draw them regenerating.

Considering how this verse specifically treats heat attacks I wouldn't use that method because Horikoshi really likes drawing burnt Shigaraki() and just in general treats flames like they can harm anything that has super regeneration because then Horikoshi gets to draw them regenerating.

could the howitzer impact from the sports festival scale? Shouto took that point blank and he doesn't have super regen so it should atleast scale to his heat durability

What I mean is that Shoto's heat resistance scales to far hotter flames as he endures his own flames and endures Dabi's flames better than carbon fiber wires which have a melting point of >3600 C
Nitroglycerin explodes at 5000 C (it starts to explode at a heat much lower, though that's the temperature of the explosion itself), so I guess it's a slight improvement?

Nitroglycerin explodes at 5000 C, so I guess it's a slight improvement?
Ok didn't know that , but that kind of presents it's own problem as Shoto should not be able to endure heat that hot as even enduring his own flashire was taxing for him which should have a heat of around 1500 degrees celsius for melting steel but very slowly, and he was nearly burnt alive by Dabi's flames. It's incredibly inconsistent for sports festival Todoroki to endure heat significantly stronger than anything flashfire has been shown capable of without even a few burns.

Ok didn't know that , but that kind of presents it's own problem as Shoto should not be able to endure heat that hot as even enduring his own flashire was taxing for him which should have a heat of around 1500 degrees celsius for melting steel but very slowly, and he was nearly burnt alive by Dabi's flames. It's incredibly inconsistent for sports festival Todoroki to endure heat significantly stronger than anything flashfire has been shown capable of without even a few burns.
I guess so, though given how nitroglycerin is also incredibly unstable and bakugou sweats it Horikoshi might just not have remembered nitroglycerin's properties

I'm back, what was decided?
I don't think there's an actual conclusive conclusion.

All I can say for now is that I'm against 100% of the ocean volume being vaporized.

I don't think I'll finish my own calc in time tonight but I'll try to get it evaluated tomorrow.

I'm back, what was decided?
A lot of people believe vaporization might be just as viable. This is due to some evidence of vapor present in the shot of the crater, as well as showings that there was still water inside the dome of destruction that Star's Punch caused, meaning the water within the dome had to be vaporized since it wasn't displaced.

This is just my interpretation so far and I arrived late though. So others may weigh in if I got something wrong.

If you want the justifications for each that were provided to help decide for yourself then we could send them down if that'd help

Honestly depends on damage's current stance other than him we pretty unanimous agree on vaporization and found evidence to support and have sound arguements but there's just no middle ground currently
Well, middle ground is to treat it as 50% of the mass vaporized, and 50% is displaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back