• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going according to plan. Some of you just don't understand my intentions.

Screen_Shot_2019-11-25_at_10.28.15_AM.jpg

I got 1.3 kilometers for just the section of the laser outside the water (although we can't see the full laser here).
20211108_142436.jpg

But as I said before how can we even tell how much of the laser height is inside the water and how much is out of it? We should just go with the depth of Japan's sea.

I got 1.3 kilometers for just the part of the laser outside the water (although we can't see the full laser here).
20211108_142436.jpg

But as I said before how can we even tell how much of the laser height is inside the water and how much is out of it?
I'd say 50/50 or 45/55 (though that's only because I want something clean)

Also how is All Might's Detroit Smash against the sludge villain calc'd? because it has different time frame alone with probably a different height than the one on the CAPE page? (only asking as it may be a supporting feat if it goes high enough)

If I used water vaporation instead of water displacement I would get High 7-A+ results but what do you people think? The water was vaporized or just displaced out of the way?

If I used water vaporation instead of water displacement I would get High 7-A+ results but what do you people think? The water was vaporized or just displaced out of the way?
So since the bomb didn't create any waves or tsunamis, could that work as justification? I'm not good with this stuff so sorry if I'm wrong lol

I don't think we have enough evidence to suggest that the entire mass of water was vaporized. There'd be a lot more visible vapor, and in general I don't think altering how the calc was done just because it'll provide something close to the original results would be a great move.

I thought that was the explosion, but no the fire ball was the explosion so that has to be the steam from vaporizing water
Could heat energy from other sources (Endeavour's Flames and Bakugou's explosions for example) be used for Supporting Feats? (I'm still not sure how they work)

Considering we literally see the steam in the next page and no notable waves from endeavors perspective I doubt the displacement was as much as the vaporization
Endeavor's perspective is dozens of kilometers away. I wouldn't expect to see much from that far away.

Considering we literally see the steam in the next page and no notable waves from endeavors perspective I doubt the displacement was as much as the vaporization
I don't think that all of the water was vaporized... But definitely a good majority of it, to the point that there are no tsunami waves.

I don't think that all of the water was vaporized... But definitely a good majority of it, to the point that there are no tsunami waves.
And yet all of that vapor completely vanished over the next few seconds?

Both happened. The heat from the explosion caused the water to vaporize and spread out, as what should happen and was shown when the fighter jets were hit by steam. Two scans shared here prove it.

The water got displaced when the explosion was first expanding and the water was coming back into the crater when it was over. Even then, there wasn't a tsunami or waves shown to have come out when it was happening so it wasn't as major as the water getting vaporized. I'm unsure if you should consider both factors but I guess using the former over the latter would be just fine.

Like it seens like vapor but is hard to tell on manga
Yeah I'm sure these sharp cloudy white parts are left over vapor it's clearly in front of the waves and in the crater before the water even fills it

The water got displaced when the explosion was first expanding and the water was coming back into the crater when it was over. Even then, there wasn't a tsunami or waves shown to have come out when it was happening so it wasn't as major as the water getting vaporized.

We barely get any shots of the aftermath.

Saying "We weren't shown a tsunami" doesn't mean the water wasn't displaced.

Yeah I'm sure these sharp cloudy white parts are left over vapor it's clearly in front of the waves and in the crater before the water even fills it

Those white flecks look more like rubble than clouds or vapor to me.

I'm on mobile so I can't show it accurately but I'll try and draw lines to where I'm talking about because I'm not talking about that either

And yet all of that vapor completely vanished over the next few seconds?
Idk. Look, it's manga logic to an extent. But what's clear is that some of the water was definitely vaporized. There's steam, there's not enough water being displaced to create any tsunamis or noticeable waves... The only valid conclusion we can take from this is that a lot of water was vaporized by the nuke, preventing a good majority of it (and I mean most of it) from being displaced.

We barely get any shots of the aftermath.

Saying "We weren't shown a tsunami" doesn't mean the water wasn't displaced.
Yes, but that would mean that in order for such little water displacement to occur, most of the water would have had to be vaporized. That's just common sense.

Idk. Look, it's manga logic to an extent. But what's clear is that some of the water was definitely vaporized. There's steam, there's not enough water being displaced to create any tsunamis or noticeable waves... The only valid conclusion we can take from this is that a lot of water was vaporized by the nuke, preventing a good majority of it (and I mean most of it) from being displaced.

I think it's likely that some amount of vaporization took place, but I think it's too speculative to say that all or most of the water was vaporized.

Yes, but that would mean that in order for such little water displacement to occur, most of the water would have had to be vaporized. That's just common sense.

I don't think there was "little water displacement". Just not enough to be super-visible from over 50 km away.

Hey, i'm back, this sucks, whatever, moving on.

If the water was really ONLY displaced that far...

How is the water already nearly encroaching on Shigaraki's hole? The radius of water displaced, and the placement of the water the next time we see the impact zone, are completely antithesis to each other. Has anyone thought of the possibility that, when we go to the page of Star leaping back and the shot of the crater, the water is already closing it up?

On that page, Star is still reeling back from the explosion, but the next shot has the crater fully made with rocks falling from the explosion. But the momentum of the water isn't stopped? And by the time Shigaraki leaps out of the hole, the water has already completely filled in his crater. Doesn't that imply that time passed before we even saw the full scope of the damage? Since the water began covering it near instantly? Or would that mean the water that WOULD have already been there was vaporized? That or water in MHA can cover being pushed back several kilometers in like 3 seconds.

I think it's likely that some amount of vaporization took place, but I think it's too speculative to say that all or most of the water was vaporized.
There weren't any tsunamis generated, no water was seemingly displaced nor could we see any waves being generated. Honestly, it would take more evidence to assume that water was displaced rather than the majority of it being vaporized.

Hey, i'm back, this sucks, whatever, moving on.

If the water was really ONLY displaced that far...

How is the water already nearly encroaching on Shigaraki's hole? The radius of water displaced, and the placement of the water the next time we see the impact zone, are completely antithesis to each other. Has anyone thought of the possibility that, when we go to the page of Star leaping back and the shot of the crater, the water is already closing it up?

On that page, Star is still reeling back from the explosion, but the next shot has the crater fully made with rocks falling from the explosion. But the momentum of the water isn't stopped? And by the time Shigaraki leaps out of the hole, the water has already completely filled in his crater. Doesn't that imply that time passed before we even saw the full scope of the damage? Since the water began covering it near instantly? Or would that mean the water that WOULD have already been there was vaporized? That or water in MHA can cover being pushed back several kilometers in like 3 seconds.
You missed... A lot. Long story short; the nuke has been downgraded from 15 Gigatons all the way back to 308 Megatons, and now there are talks of it being within the range of High 7-A+, again.

Damage does have a point, there should be a lot of steam in that panel of the crater.

I will re-measure the diameter of the water displaced/vaporized, I don't like the way I measured it, but don't expect any significant changes.

There weren't any tsunamis generated, no water was seemingly displaced nor could we see any waves being generated. Honestly, it would take more evidence to assume that water was displaced rather than the majority of it being vaporized.
We get too few shots of the aftermath from a closer perspective than wherever Endeavor is in order to say that "no tsunamis were generated".

Also, weren't you just claiming "manga logic" for why there wouldn't be visible vapor afterwards? Why can't the same apply here to "visible tsunamis".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back