• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We barely get any shots of the aftermath.

Saying "We weren't shown a tsunami" doesn't mean the water wasn't displaced.
I never argued that the water wasn't being displaced, I was simply saying that even though it was displaced—as was proven by a few shots, it wasn't as important as the water getting vaporized.

It's hard to see but this is the best I could do as is from mobile you may have to zoom into the image but I marked some of what im talking about with blue lines those cloudy white lines are vapor even in the bottom of the crater where water hasn't filled that's floating above not dipping inwards

Also same Damage, water was displaced I said that from the start and I don't think anyone said otherwise we're saying there's just more vaporization going on there with clear panels of steam and some vapor

Damage does have a point, there should be a lot of steam in that panel of the crater.
There should be, but if the majority of the water was displaced... Where is it now? Did it just disappear into another dimension???

We get too few shots of the aftermath from a closer perspective than wherever Endeavor is in order to say that "no tsunamis were generated".

Also, weren't you just claiming "manga logic" for why there wouldn't be visible vapor afterwards? Why can't the same apply here to "visible tsunamis".
There's no reason too??? If there aren't tsunamis being generated by the nuke, then that just means most of the water that encompassed the blast radius of the nuke was completely vaporized. The only reason I said "manga logic" when talking about water vapor is that there's really no real explanation as to why there might not be vapor. It's kind of bullshit really since we saw SOME amount of steam being generated earlier.

TLDR; you can't apply "manga logic" to something that can have a scientific and logical explanation, compared to something which is a contradiction in the story.

It's hard to see but this is the best I could do as is from mobile you may have to zoom into the image but I marked some of what im talking about with blue lines those cloudy white lines are vapor even in the bottom of the crater where water hasn't filled that's floating above not dipping inwards

Thanks for taking your time.

I'm pretty sure that, if you look at the "Punch" part of the explosion, you can still see water in there? The waves near Star's Avatar seem to be within the giant dome of destruction, not outside of it.

Yeah that looks like steam dispersing. Most of the steam was probably blasted into the air by the blast so there isn't much steam in the hole in the ground and water

Yeah that looks like steam dispersing. Most of the steam was probably blasted into the air by the blast so there isn't much steam in the hole in the ground and water
That is also something you have to factor in. It's possible most of the steam generated by the nuke exploding went up into the air. It's not like it was just absorbed into the sea. Shock waves are being generated here after all. Supersonic ones even.

There should be, but if the majority of the water was displaced... Where is it now? Did it just disappear into another dimension???

It was pushed outward and then it flowed back inward.

There's no reason too??? If there aren't tsunamis being generated by the nuke, then that just means most of the water that encompassed the blast radius of the nuke was completely vaporized. The only reason I said "manga logic" when talking about water vapor is that there's really no real explanation as to why there might not be vapor. It's kind of bullshit really since we saw SOME amount of steam being generated earlier.

The "real explanation as to why there might not be vapor" could be because most of it wasn't vaporized.

Why am I not surprised that all of this unanimous talk of vaporization is coming after the feat was downgraded to Mountain level? Where was everyone calling for vaporization while the feat was Island level?

But how was it back so quickly?

The only shot of the crater we get in its entirety is basically completely filled up when Shigaraki leaps out. So unless we experienced a massive jump in time where the water had to travel a couple kilometers to fill it back in, whats the explanation for the water near instantly closing up the hole?

Well tbh I was thinking of "wait wouldn't the water be vaporized" before the calc downgrade

But I didn't say anything about it

But how was it back so quickly?

The only shot of the crater we get in its entirety is basically completely filled up when Shigaraki leaps out. So unless we experienced a massive jump in time where the water had to travel a couple kilometers to fill it back in, whats the explanation for the water near instantly closing up the hole?
Evidently some amount of time had passed in order for the water that was there to go from outside of the crater to right next to the hole Shiggy jumped out of.

Either Shiggy waited a while until the water almost closed in on him of the water was moving at beyond hypersonic speeds (which is an issue whether displacement or vaporization was involved).

One alternative is that the volume/sizes involved isn't actually as big as what is being scaled.

Why am I not surprised that all of this unanimous talk of vaporization is coming after the feat was downgraded to Mountain level? Where was everyone calling for vaporization while the feat was Island level?
Tbh the whole thing about water vaporization vs displacement never came to my mind. Therefir, the person who made the calc in the first place, was the one to introduce the matter. When the topic was brought up people gave support to his suggesting to use water vaporization whilst you were rebuking us. I gave my input and referred to evidence of my point. I'm on the side who agrees with Therefir's suggestion to use vaporization over displacement as there's more evidence for the latter than the former.

What disagreements are you referring to?
"Mirio's statement is unreliable"
"He meant AP only, not durability or other statistics"
"All High Ends are clearly not comparable, so its impossible to scale them to each other"
"The High Ends vary in durability"
"Claiming they are comparable is an association fallacy"
"I require positive evidence"

Where were all these arguments during the thread where we literally said all High Ends are comparable to each other and have the exact same physicals with little to no deviances.

The **** it did. If that was the case, a tsunami would've been generated. Scientifically, that is the only explanation to this.
The "real explanation as to why there might not be vapor" could be because most of it wasn't vaporized.
Or, it could be that most of the steam was pushed upwards into the atmosphere? Or maybe it's because Horikoshi is a hack and doesn't understand physics all too well. Both options are far more likely than assuming that the water wasn't vaporized. Especially when you consider the fact that there's actual PHYSICAL evidence proving that indeed, water WAS vaporized.

So, it's either that the water was transported into another dimension by one of All for One's powers, or it was vaporized. Which is it? Don't think to hard about this one.
Evidently some amount of time had passed in order for the water that was there to go from outside of the crater to right next to the hole Shiggy jumped out of.
Well, no ******* shit! Of course, water-filled in the crater. What, do you think that when there's a giant hole in the ocean, the surrounding/remaining water left wouldn't fill it in? What do you think happens when you remove water from a space that still has some amount of water in it? I'll give you a second to figure this out.

THEY'RE in the middle of the ocean. Do you honestly think that more water wouldn't take the place of the vaporized/evaporated water?

"Mirio's statement is unreliable"
"He meant AP only, not durability or other statistics"
"All High Ends are clearly not comparable, so its impossible to scale them to each other"
"The High Ends vary in durability"
"Claiming they are comparable is an association fallacy"
"I require positive evidence"

Where were all these arguments during the thread where we literally said all High Ends are comparable to each other and have the exact same physicals with little to no deviances.
I don't know, I'm not sure which thread you're referring to. Has it occured to you that I simply missed some of the revisions in the past where some of this stuff was decided.

And some of those "disagreements" you're referring to haven't even been relevant until now from my perspective.

@Earthyboy; no need to swear so much. It's not worth that much getting worked up over.

Some of your post is too argumentative and unnecessary. "Don't think to hard about this one." "I'll give you a second to figure this out." No need for this.

I don't know, I'm not sure which thread you're referring to. Has it occured to you that I simply missed some of the revisions in the past where some of this stuff was decided.

And some of those "disagreements" you're referring to haven't even been relevant until now from my perspective.
Just like the possibility that this water was vaporized hasn't been relevant until now from my perspective. Maybe don't try and take shots at people looking at a new alternative that was presented from the person that did the calc.

Nobody has told me why we couldn't use E=M*C*Delta(t) for supporting feats and/or why they couldn't be used while freezing could (Shouto's was confirmed and it makes sense, though I've been told that heat doesn't work)

Just like the possibility that this water was vaporized hasn't been relevant until now from my perspective. Maybe don't try and take shots at people looking at a new alternative that was presented from the person that did the calc.
I also don't think we should believe that Therefir has any malicious intent here on bringing up the topic or even that he has bias. From all we know Therefir asked input from us on whether he should go through with the calcing or not. Most of us said that it was okay for him to do so.

@Earthyboy; no need to swear so much. It's not worth that much getting worked up over.
I'm not worked up, just trying to prove a point.
Some of your post is too argumentative and unnecessary. "Don't think to hard about this one." "I'll give you a second to figure this out." No need for this.
That is not me trying to be condescending, I'm genuinely trying to get you to think about my point for a second.

I also don't think we should believe that Therefir has any malicious intent here on bringing up the topic or even that he has bias. From all we know Therefir asked input from us on whether he should go through with the calcing or not. Most of us said that it was okay for him to do so.
I don't want to accuse Therefir of being malicious or biased in his posting. Not my intent.

I just saw that he posted a new method and said something along the lines of "We can get High 7-A+ results with this." Which seemed like a poor way of presenting it as if we're focused on results above all else.

I'm not worked up, just trying to prove a point.

That is not me trying to be condescending, I'm genuinely trying to get you to think about my point for a second.
You definitely word your posts as if you're worked up and if you're trying not to be condescending then you should rethink how you're phrasing your arguments.

I'm going to take a break from the thread for now and will get back to it tomorrow.

This but also whilst providing explicit evidence to show the vaporization and sound logical and basic common sense scientific explanations for the vapor being blown out of the crater and the water filling it
Damage is right in saying you were acting out of line. Calm down a bit.
This is true though it shouldn't undermine what he's saying at the very least because he's being genuine and brining up real points that he wants answers to

You definitely word your posts as if you're worked up and if you're trying not to be condescending then you should rethink how you're phrasing your arguments.
If I was really trying to be condescending, you would've been attacked personally.

Gonna second that, It's understandable you're getting heated but try to calm down a bit, we really don't need a Timmy part 2.
Uh, what happened with Timmy?

I don't care if we stick with displacement or vaporization. What I don't like is people acting like wanting to figure out if a certain method would be better is suddenly shocking or an issue, as if that hasn't been done for thousands of other calcs on this wiki. Did the possibility of having higher results spark intrigue and positivity for it? Yes, of course it would, but we wouldn't have stuck with that train of logic if there was no basis behind it.

I absolutely do not enjoy seeing a blatant disregard for the thoughts of others being put under the blanket statement of "oh, where were you guys for X if you're so adamant about it now" as if new ideas don't pop up for methods of calcing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back