• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inaccurate pixel scaling? Do you kid yourself? Literally using any other object to pixel scale the tower gives us a completely different result than using the tower's official height. Wouldn't that be an obvious hint that the tower's official height is bullshit and doesn't make sense mathematically? People have used several methods to calculate the height of the tower, its platforms width, etc. And not a single iteration of the methods are consistent with yours's.

If the rule is that officials are always taken over accurate pixel scaling, even despite the fact that there are several contradictions to the "official measurements" then there's something wrong with the site's standards that needs changing.
Go and change the site's standards then.

I tried to use visuals to go against the "official size" of areas in Bleach and was overruled.

In this case, the official height of the tower is what we're using for now.

I think we'd need another translation in that case, if that becomes a problem as well. Another translation had it be 1000X her own size.

Though 1000X bigger does make me think of taller, not volume wise. But I guess it isn't impossible?
I would assume it applies to width too. If she only became taller but not wider, she would appear extremely thin from a far distance.

I’m confused at this thread. What seems to be conflicting the original calc?
It was mainly conflicting ocean depth, but because their 50km away from japan (maybe even farther given that it's stated to be outside the Japanese airspace), Therefir's use of 3.7km should be correct

It was mainly conflicting ocean depth, but because their 50km away from japan (maybe even farther given that it's stated to be outside the Japanese airspace), Therefir's use of 3.7km should be correct
Okay, so would it have to get recalced? Or have we agreed on a distance + depth

Here's a potential problem; was Shigaraki already at the ocean floor while the laser being was pressed against him to hold him in place?

He seems to be, given that he instantly made a hole beneath him when the laser stopped.

Here's a potential problem; was Shigaraki already at the ocean floor while the laser being was pressed against him to hold him in place?

He seems to be, given that he instantly made a hole beneath him when the laser stopped.
He was pinned to the ocean floor last chapter.

He was pinned to the ocean floor last chapter.
That presents an issue with our scaling of Star and Stripe's avatar being 2.2 KM tall or with the ocean depth being 3.7 km deep; because the united laser beam she's holding her hands is plainly not more than 3.7 km in comparison to the avatar yet it can reach the ocean floor and also stick out above the ocean's surface.

Instead of assuming an ocean depth, I think we should be scaling the length of laser that enter the ocean and reaches the ocean floor.

That presents an issue with our scaling of Star and Stripe's avatar being 2.2 KM tall or with the ocean depth being 3.7 km deep; because the united laser beam she's holding her hands is plainly not more than 3.7 km in comparison to the avatar yet it can reach the ocean floor and also stick out above the ocean's surface.

Instead of assuming an ocean depth, I think we should be scaling the length of laser that enter the ocean and reaches the ocean floor.
An ellipsoid was also used for the volume, despite the explosion itself (which created the crater) seeming more spherical in shape (don't know if thats an issue or not just thought I'd point it out). Also it smooths itself at the bottom, which would suggest it to be more cylindrical

Last edited:

should someone redo it with 2.2km as the scale instead of 3.7?

if they were than we'd have to assume 3.7km as the depth , as by that point they are very far into the pacific which means that it's likely, unless we want to take it to outlier territory with 6km depths
I think this shouldn’t really be up for debate. It’s stated that the depth is literally always going to be above 3000m to see a ocean floor. So that can’t really be changed tbh

The problem is that the laser is too inconsistent, in the last chapter, page 3, we can see that the laser can reach as high as the clouds, even when it is restraining Shigaraki in the depths of the ocean.

Sorry for not helping until now, I haven't had internet until a few hours ago.

The problem is that the laser is too inconsistent, in the last chapter, page 3, we can see that the laser can reach as high as the clouds, even when it is restraining Shigaraki in the depths of the ocean.

That could be an inconsistency with the clouds, rather than an inconsistency with the laser.

And actually it doesn't seem that bad to me. The entire unified laser starts off well above the clouds in the previous chapter, then in the latest chapter the entire length of laser is just below the cloudline because Star and Stripe stabbed downward with it.

My only questions for it were why 1/12 was used for KE, and why an ellipsoid was used for the volume (the smoothed edge at the bottom of the crater seems more in line with a cylinder)

Last edited:
My only questions for it were why 1/12 was used for KE, and why an ellipsoid was used for the volume (the smoothed edge at the bottom of the crater seems more cylindrical)
1/12 is used when the mass is dispersed from a center point, which is what happened in this feat.

The crater seems spherical enough for an ellipsoid to be used.

That could be an inconsistency with the clouds, rather than an inconsistency with the laser.

And actually it doesn't seem that bad to me. The entire unified laser starts off well above the clouds in the previous chapter, then in the latest chapter the entire length of laser is just below the cloudline because Star and Stripe stabbed downward with it.
Even if we measured the laser, it would still be difficult if not impossible to use it to find the depth of the ocean in that area.

So I'll use another method. The sea of Japan is unlike many others, its continental shelf is extremely narrow, having an average depth of 1 kilometer even 50 kilometers off the coast.

20211108_122934.jpg

So I'll use 1 kilometer instead of the 3.7 kilometers I was previously using for the depth of the ocean.

So shouldn’t we jus scale the laser based off what we saw it last as?

Even if we measured the laser, it would still be difficult if not impossible to use it to find the depth of the ocean in that area.

You might be right.

I'll try and do a calc for it tonight and see how feasible it is.

The 1 km alternative that you've mentioned may be a good alternative end too.

1/12 is used when the mass is dispersed from a center point, which is what happened in this feat.
Is there any scientific backing behind that? I've searched all over and I've seen nothing suggesting that's actually a scientific fact when concerning kinetic energy. I've even checked wikipeida.

Is there any scientific backing behind that? I've searched all over and I've seen nothing suggesting that's actually a scientific fact when concerning kinetic energy. I've even checked wikipeida.
agreed, searching for it I've found nothing

personally I would have done 2.2km, as from reading earlier in the thread it seemed to be the agreed height of the laser, though it most likely still would have been at most High 7-A, or you could publish all three on the same calc and give them as high mid and low ends
2.2 km is not the height of the laser.

I'll post my calc soon.

2.2 km is not the height of the laser.

I'll post my calc soon.
ah ok, nevermind then, may I ask what it is? (I already have the calculators and stuff up), and would high end, mid end, and low end still apply for 3.7km 1km and whatever the lasers height is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back