• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murata declares his own statements not "Word of God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Not sure if that has anything to do with Saitama being 5-B.

2. That scene was from the webcomic which was removed in the manga.

3. Being much much stronger than High 6-As doesn't make you 5-B.

Murata did say that he's not Word of God, but if ONE stated Planet level, or says so in the primary canon; then it might be legit. But stomping Boros just gives him an At least. Also, I'm sure most fans who prefer the downgrade since he wouldn't be the weakest character in his tier, but that's off topic.

He said that "If this day gets any shittier, I'll end up destroying the Earth." Sounds like an exaggeration, especially since he'd never, ever, do something like that, and it could mean over time if he even is being literal.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Murata did say that he's not Word of God, but if ONE stated Planet level, or says so in the primary canon; then it might be legit. But stomping Boros just gives him an At least. Also, I'm sure most fans who prefer the downgrade since he wouldn't be the weakest character in his tier, but that's off topic.
I was being sarcastic. Those were typical arguments I was hearing after I made this threat https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1899025?useskin=oasis

The strength of Evil Eye, it's Murata's monster.

This quote, "The monster is as strong as Deep Sea King. Puri Puri Prisoner is using the technique Deep Sea King used to defeat him against the monster. Even though Puri Puri Prisoner got stronger he's still nothing compared to Darkshine. If it were Darkshine, he would destroy the monster with a light touch." He never mentions this is his opinion.

The statement that Murata stated about Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist > Roaring Aura Sky Splitting Fist. These were the changes agreed upon by both Murata and ONE.

"Orochi's Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is just as good as Garou's." A clarification statement about Orochi's mimicry skill.

About High 6-A's justification: Boros' Translation might be wrong. I've listened to the dialogues in Anime which is cut out from the manga, and there's no surface wiping statement? He only stated that he will erase the planet to kingdom come, it's likely planet bust more than surface wipe. I've never heard any wiping words.

Planet whatever cannon is I'm talking about. He didn't said that he'll erase the surface, he'll erase the planet itself.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Planet whatever cannon is I'm talking about. He didn't said that he'll erase the surface, he'll erase the planet itself.
Here's the manga and webcomic raws. In both he uses µÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØó which means "Surface of this planet" along with ÒééÒéìÒü¿Òéé indacating that he's talking about destroying Saitama and the Earth separately

Yeah that was the biggest change. Anime got rid of Þí¿ÚØó. Now I'm not super well versed in Japanese speech patterns, but I'd guess the change was to make it flow better. In English at least "I will destroy you and this planet" flows better than "I will destroy you and the surface of this planet".

Death of the author is why we don't put WOG>source, but if an author is clarifying something about their own work or their statement is consistent, we can accept it.

"Death of the author" is when an author makes a statement but it's directly contradicted by what's presented in the source material.

For example, Takaski Iizuka, current head of Sonic Team states that Shadow can only use Chaos Control with a Chaos Emerald.

However, he has been shown to use Chaos Control on multiple occasions without a Chaos Emerald.

Thus, Iizuka's statement would be invalid.

All fruits don't ripen at the same time. No one is just going to come here knowing what certain terms mean, unless they have prior vs debating experience.

So...

Class S now scales to Low 7-C

Class A to what? 8-A?

Class B seems to scale to 8-C or High 8-C

Class C scales to being "considerably stronger" than the average high-end 9-B citizen of the world of OPM

Anything else? Anything I got wrong?

Also, we should probably downgrade Fubuki to lower than Low 7-C. She can only do a Genos-saving maneuver ONCE and it's a huge struggle, so she was clearly almost overloading her telekinesis just to do that. Her base is likely many times lower.

> Class A to what? 8-A?

At least 9-A since any A-Class is considering to be able to fight Tiger level threats, some of which would be in that tier. The top tiers of A-Class being 9-A to 8-A through Genos scaling

> Class B seems to scale to 8-C or High 8-C

Wait how

Due to an army of class B villains being each 8-C, considering they weren't all rank upped after gaining their armors, which seems unlikely if a demon level threat can be taken on by a group of A-classes, meaning they're probably above a mere 8-C.

I mean, you can't structurally threaten a city in real, decent time without being at least 8-B, right? Feats and motifs probably support that.

And what feats do we have on tiers 9-A and throughout 8?

> Due to an army of class B villains being each 8-C,

Only one person had a B-Class bounty and he had said bounty before the armor. It also takes time for a ranking to be upgraded. DSK wasn't classed as a Demon level instantly and neither was Beefcake.

> I mean, you can't structurally threaten a city in real, decent time without being at least 8-B, right?

Most demon level threats are ranked at least 8-A as of now

> And what feats do we have on tiers 9-A and throughout 8?

Three Eyed Ghost is 9-A through kinetic energy, the suits can generate 8-A energy, and first apperance Genos is 8-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back