• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Faster and Stronger!

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
The graph multiplier has been accepted, but we only applied it to attack potency, because at the time I didn't want to have to argue for speed and lifting strength on the same thread. I'll do that in this thread. I personally don't think it's that controversial, but I'll hear out what others have to say I suppose.

So, yeah, this thread will attempting to apply these multipliers to the speed and lifting strength values of parallel timeline Garou and Saitama.

Let's start with speed.

We know that Garou's speed grows drastically already. The narrator and visuals told us that pretty blatantly during both the first Garou VS Saitama (This infers he deliberately attempted to evolve his speed) and Garou VS Platinum Sperm fights. We also know that he copied Saitama's speed, yet was still blitzed by Saitama after he did the omnidirectional punch. Even still, directly after that, he was still able to keep up after that via copying.

During his final showdown with Saitama, we see at the beginning that they are both relatively equal in power and speed. Then, as Saitama's growth kicks up, we can see him clearly start to overwhelm Garou with both power and speed. For example, he blitzes Garou in this scene. Then, as things really kick off, the attacks are being thrown at a far faster rate. Until Garou eventually can't even keep up, both in strength and speed, which aligns with the graph.

I would say that's solid evidence to apply this growth multiplier to speed.

As for lifting strength, there isn't too much of an discussion here other than it doesn't really seem too controversial to say that Saitama and Garou's "strength" doesn't only refer to physical blows. We already accept on the profiles that Garou's RE and Copying applies to his Lifting Strength, and we also know that Saitama over the course of years after breaking his limiter went from Class E to Pre-Stellar with the same AD he generally has. I don't think that would change just because its exponentiating in this moment.

We can also see that Saitama becomes a lot less bothered by the force produced by Garou's strikes. Here he's pushed back a little by one of his punches, but then right afterwards we see him nonchalantly catch a punch without issue.

These revisions would give Parallel Timeline Garou and Saitama Massively FTL+ speed and higher Pre-Stellar LS.

Saitama: 36,668.128c (617.01178 x 59.428571) and 9.01504560355908e+28kg (1.5169548e+27 x 59.428571)
Garou: 11,458.7901c (617.01178 x 18.571428571) and 2.817201771363559e+28kg (1.5169548e+27 x 18.571428571)

Votes
Bold = Staff

Those in agreement
(0: 0;0):
Those in disagreement
(0: 0;0):
Those without an opinion (0: 0;0):

While Saitama does indeed get faster, that isn't quite the same thing as the multiplier being equally applicable to his speed. The Multiplier standards page mentions this:

One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10. For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats. A more classical scenario is one where a characters strength increases by some multiplier, but their speed is untouched.

While Saitama's speed isn't "untouched" here, it doesn't necessarily mean that his speed increases proportionally with his strength. His strength can be increased and his speed can be increased, but that doesn't prove that the increase in his strength = the increase in his speed.

While Saitama's speed isn't "untouched" here, it doesn't necessarily mean that his speed increases proportionally with his strength.
Why would it be any different you just admitted it effected his speed now can you prove the multiplier can’t be used for it and doesn’t increase with his strength

You can't prove a negative like that. What matters is if there is proof that the two are directly proportional.
Yes garou entire thing is he adapts in both strength and speed

You are claiming the op is wrong just because it’s like the boros thread you can’t refute the op arguments and go by opinion

It’s up to to prove why the op is wrong

While Saitama does indeed get faster, that isn't quite the same thing as the multiplier being equally applicable to his speed. The Multiplier standards page mentions this:

While Saitama's speed isn't "untouched" here, it doesn't necessarily mean that his speed increases proportionally with his strength. His strength can be increased and his speed can be increased, but that doesn't prove that the increase in his strength = the increase in his speed.
In the OP I provided an argument as to why I do believe it is equally applicable towards speed. I believe you'd have to go into why exactly my argument can't be used to say it's equally applicable, since you do seem to agree his speed is definitely getting faster. Why don't you think it is in unison with the graph like his strength is?

We know that "power" in OPM doesn't only refer for strength. For example, the Hero Association rates Flash's "power" as a 10, while all of his other stats are less than that, inferring that his speed is a part of his power, since that is what he is known at being the best at.

We also know that Garou believed he needed all of these things to beat Saitama.

@Phoenks I'm not voting against it yet; just pointing out what I see as being potential issues. I'll see if any other staff have anything to comment before returning to thsi thread.

Why would it be any different you just admitted it effected his speed now can you prove the multiplier can’t be used for it and doesn’t increase with his strength
That’s not how it works you have to prove the amps are linear. Trust me, we struggle with this very often in the naruto thread lol unless there’s strong support or evidence for proportional growth then it just won’t work

Directly agree with that. Came here to say it, but Damage already covered it. For it to apply to speed a direct statement is needed and not just logic. Especially for something so impactful. Mark me as disagree personally except if new info comes up.

I Agree

If this CRT gets accepted then I have a way to get Saitama to 1,090,287,454,200c and Garou to about
351,246,341,200c

Though I would also like to nerf some things on their profiles so it will be a CRT about buffs and nerfs basically polishing their profiles

Why would we need the narrator to appear and tell us "Their power AND speed are increasing!"? If Garou, who we have seen increasing his speed alongside his strength several times, isn't keeping up at all with Saitama then it's obvious the graph is also reflecting their speed as well as their strength.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this notion that the series has to deliberately spoon-feed you absolutely everything.

We clearly see that both Saitama's speed and power are growing, nobody seems to disagree with that. It is in unison with a graph that very clearly implies it isn't only applicable to his physical power.

I don't understand how someone can look at this, say that it logically makes sense that his speed was also being multiplied, and then still say they disagree with the thread because they weren't spoon-fed the exact statement that it "also amped his speed." Like surely you have to realize how awkward that'd be as dialogue, right?

If Garou, who we have seen increasing his speed alongside his strength several times
Not exaggerating here

Darkshine literally states his power and speed are growing

The whole Platinum Sperm fights ends with Garou finally blitzing and one shotting Platinum Sperm who could match him in combat and clash with him hundreds of times miliseconds prior.

Not exaggerating here

Darkshine literally states his power and speed are growing

The whole Platinum Sperm fights ends with Garou finally blitzing and one shotting Platinum Sperm who could match him in combat and clash with him hundreds of times miliseconds prior.

But it doesn't say equally which is what you need.

But it doesn't say equally which is what you need.
The graph is for strength and speed. You're indirectly saying it is equally proportional for strength but not speed. Logically it won't make sense for the author to make a graph showing growth in strength and speed and then make the strength equally proportional to the increase on the graph but then the speed not be proportional ?

The graph is for strength and speed. You're indirectly saying it is equally proportional for strength but not speed. Logically it won't make sense for the author to make a graph showing growth in strength and speed and then make the strength equally proportional to the increase on the graph but then the speed not be proportional ?
Any statement the graph is for speed?

There is also no statement for strength. The word here is "his abilties are rising rapidly ".
Speed is an ability is it not?
No, but that's arguing about what the word ability entails. Maybe people should look more closely to how ability is used in verse to verify what this means. If we take ability as in every single physical property we measure then sure it would apply.

You can't prove a negative like that. What matters is if there is proof that the two are directly proportional.
Considering the scan clearly says abilities we should take a look at what abilities are. If we take as if it means power then speed should also fall in especially given the use of plural to signify an increase across numerous fields of his power.

Anyways once the problem with the use of abilities is solved my opinion is that speed and strenght are raised equally.

It comes out as strenght in google translate. No idea if someone knowledgeable can expand on it.
I think this translation is more accurate. It's talking about his "rate of growth" which began to soar exponentially. The term "強さ, Tsuyo-sa" is the part where it says "there was nobody remotely on par with his strength". It's the bolded part.
aHR0cHM6Ly9maWxlcy5jYXRib3gubW9lLzJnbng0by5wbmc=

I think this translation is more accurate. It's talking about his "rate of growth" which began to soar exponentially. The term "強さ, Tsuyo-sa" is the part where it says "there was nobody remotely on par with his strength". It's the bolded part.
Which means?

It's talking about strength at least. And we know Saitama was becoming faster as well. That's all I've got to say.

No, but that's arguing about what the word ability entails. Maybe people should look more closely to how ability is used in verse to verify what this means. If we take ability as in every single physical property we measure then sure it would apply.

Good. Now garou is the one making the statement right? Anytime garou talks about abilities he refers to strength and speed. As far back as metal bat, he commented that as he takes damage his abilities go up, this was right after he made a note that the speed and strength of his swings had increased.

Fast forward to when garou fought darkshine. Darkshine comment was first on his speed and that then his strength increased. It is a known thing that garou growth always comes with a speed increase as well as strength increase. So there is absolutely no reason for garou to be talking about strength only. The op even went as far and show clearly their increase in speed.

Now if abilities entails speed and strength you can't accept the graph is proportional for strength and turn around and say it might not be for speed. It doesn't work. Either you take for both or you say it is not proportional for any at all. The same doubts you apply for speed you should apply for strength.

I have no deciding ability in this. The only vote that counts is one made by a mod. I was just stating my opinions based on this and the fact that it's still not crystal clear which is needed via our multipliers page. No matter what however I will accept any verdict as I do feel it makes sense.

Back