• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murata declares his own statements not "Word of God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, presuming at least some, what parts of Murata's manga will be considered non-canon, given this new info?

Or are we only applying this to author statements?

Do we treat narrative in Murata's version of the manga as non-canon? Dialogue? Feats?

> Do we treat narrative in Murata's version of the manga as non-canon? Dialogue? Feats?

If its in the manga, then its been approved by ONE. So anything there is fine.

> So, presuming at least some, what parts of Murata's manga will be considered non-canon, given this new info?

Nah, only his WoG quotes that aren't prefaced with "ONE told me/I asked ONE and he said x" are ignored.

@Qawesedf234 & @WeeklyBattles:

But content original to Murata's version of the One Punch Man manga will still be considered canon? (Excluding possible instances of blatant, severe contradictions.)

Sorry if my questions are a bit uninformed/unnecessary/pointless.

ONE has complete control over what is allowed in the manga due to owning the copyright. Think of it less like a Manga and more like a Comic in this regards. The artist is not in charge of the story, the author/editor is and they can veto what he draws. Anything that's in the manga has been written and/or approved by ONE, so they would be canon. Like how the Boruto manga is approved by the original Naruto author.

@Qawsedf234

Ok, I had to check back on some stuff. So, in regard to PPP > DSK and Geryuganshoop having sub-light attack speed. I have no answer.

But when it comes to Saitama being a planetary statement. I have answers.

When looking back at the Korean stream and the translation founded in the reddit post you provided above. The statements in the Webcomic from ONE are still canon. So, either Saitama Webcomic page needs to be created or a note left on Saitama current page.

2. The rest involving Murata statement of Saitama being planetary are still justified by the Hero Encyclopedia aka Databook. However, the problem is vsbattle wiki doesn't accept OPM databook even though it was created by ONE and drawn by Murata.

"Like, except "They are in Hero Encyclopedia" or "ONE sensei said that" all things I said are only my guess." <--Murata. His guess isn't off because it was confirmed in the Databook in regard to Saitama feat.

> The statements in the Webcomic from ONE are still canon. So, either Saitama Webcomic page needs to be created or a note left on Saitama current page.

ONE writes both stories. So it was likely just retconned out of existence

> still justified by the Hero Encyclopedia aka Databook.

The databook is accepted, its just that it was decided that the comment does not support Boros being 5-B because in Japanese the kanji for destroy means destroy in a figurative sense and not a literal sense

Noticeably despite the nerfs this might buff up some feats.

Like Murata saying that Eye Monster Tatsumaki fought being only capable of tossing buildings.

The thought of a random fodder monster being High 6-C is hilarious in a sense.

I still think Saitama, Garou and Boros should keep Relavistic, via Garou being immensely faster than Flashy Flash when holding back. If we were willing to not scale Flash to Garou back then cause the speed gap was logically massive, we should use the same logic here.

My original idea was a Rel rating, but it was suggested that's not the way we do it. So I dunno. Garou should be 1.7x Flashy's speed when going all out. If not him than at least Saitama.

Qawsedf234 said:
Me? Nah I'm Qawsedf234. I'm usually always that user name.
I was talking about OP... not you

And ****, I'm an enormous One Punch Man fanboy, so this kills me. The recent downgrades from City/Mountain level to Town level, nearly killed me, but this is gonna finish me off. I want to cry. Why the **** can't I just get light speed star level Saitama.... That's all I'm ******* asking for ONE...

Just downgrades after downgrades. Soon enough Saitama is gonna be reduced to 10-B or something.

> I was talking about OP... not you

Ah, my bad then

> That's all I'm ******* asking for ONE

There's still that inevitible fight with God that could bump him up a few tiers. Might take a decade to get there though.

Qawsedf234 said:
> I was talking about OP... not you
Ah, my bad then

> That's all I'm ******* asking for ONE

There's still that inevitible fight with God that could bump him up a few tiers. Might take a decade to get there though.
I'm tired of tier 7 OPM. I'm so ******* tired of it. Dammit ONE.

Also Pri-pri Prisoner.

Does anyone know where the quote about the Giant Crow comes from?

Okay, then that statement is legit but the one about the random monster that was as strong as the Deep Sea King probably isn't legit.

Konaguna said:
What about Saitamas statement tha the can destroy the world?
That's been effectively retconned out of the manga for now since the scene where he said it no longer exists in the manga unless it has been moved to a later point that the manga hasn't reached yet.

I see there was confusion in this thread. This doesn't affect how we treat his manga. It only affects how we treat his statements in interviews and such. He only mentions that when he says something in an interview etc, unless he quotes ONE, it's all his personal opinion.

Is Saitama even faster than Garou and Boros? IIRC both of them blitzed Saitama several times even though it didn't help them

Saitama was outpacing Boros sprinting towards him by walking backwards.

Monster Garou was only able to barely dodge Saitama's casual attacks by adapting to his (poor) style and predicting his movements.

He was definitely faster than them.

"B-but, S-Saitama can one punch anyone, guh, this is downplay, GRRR, your not getting the joke, Saitama is a Gag character, he solos all of fiction GRRRRR."

I've debated people who thought Saitama beats people like Yukari Yakumo, or the God Emp and only stalemated with Bugs Bunny and Omnipotent beings because "muh gag character"

I'm actually glad to see OPM downgraded because people wank him so hard.

Gargoyle One said:
That's not a reason to see him downgraded, that's shallow
Anyway, AP wise Saitama should scale to being massively superior to Boros's Roaring Cannon, which is 500 Pettatons
What? I'm not saying OPM should be downgraded because I don't like it, I'm saying, I'm glad to see it get downgraded (Some of the Speed feats are based on statements from the Word of God).

I think you need to read my wording a bit better because you're misundering what I wrote.

GyroNutz said:
Having stuff based on WoG =/= wanking a verse, + the only character who should be getting a speed downgrade is Geryuganshoop
Read. What. I. Said.

I'm deliberately talking about when I debated someone who said Saitama beats characters like God Emp, Yukari Yakumo and only stalemates with Omnipotent beings.

"I'm saying, I'm glad to see it get downgraded (Some of the Speed feats are based on statements from the Word of God)."

I also don't see how one person calling Saitama omnipotent is anything but a poor reason to want to see a verse downgraded, but whatever, let's stop derailing.

Uhh what?

"I'm actually glad to see OPM downgraded downgraded because people want him so hard"

You're words, not mine, that's the textbook definition of wanting to see him downgraded

If that's not what you were trying to say, you worded it badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back