• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murata declares his own statements not "Word of God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter Wizard said:
There's nothing to downgrade for, since we don't even about ONE's statements.
Um... but... we use WoG for OPM.

Qawsedf234 said:
> Due to an army of class B villains being each 8-C,
Only one person had a B-Class bounty and he had said bounty before the armor. It also takes time for a ranking to be upgraded. DSK wasn't classed as a Demon level instantly and neither was Beefcake.

> I mean, you can't structurally threaten a city in real, decent time without being at least 8-B, right?

Most demon level threats are ranked at least 8-A as of now

> And what feats do we have on tiers 9-A and throughout 8?

Three Eyed Ghost is 9-A through kinetic energy, the suits can generate 8-A energy, and first apperance Genos is 8-
Wait, the suits were 8-A? How?

Qawsedf234 said:
> Wait, the suits were 8-A? How?
Feat was calced here
Isn't it... questionable? I mean, it seems like just the manga depiction of a skyscraper's demolition shooting dust around. Why did the radius that dust flies towards get mixed up with the radius wherein the blast has enough power to destroy a building or kill a person? After all, buildings around it were left untouched, so isn't there a contradiction?

If there's no clear answer to this, I vote for High 8-C suits.~

It's what the calc said. You can always bring it up in a revision thread to change the results.

No like, the main topic of this thread is unrelated to Hammerhead's tier. If you wanna change him make a new thread.

Do we need to message a staff member for that? Has it been done?

Will other heroes like Fubuki be downgraded? Should a list of all profiles to be downgraded and how be made? The verse is pretty extensive.

Blizzard scales to saving Genos from a hitkilling blow, but Genos is now Low 7-C and it took her such effort to do it that she got instantly exhausted and would not be able to repeat it. I think she can be scaled down to "At Least 8-A" or, if she scales to someone who's already around that tier, just put there and it can be said that she can do a single ~Low 7-C defense per fight in exchange of exhausting herself completely.

Why would Genos be downgraded? The audio book where he stomped hydrated sea king was canon.

Qawsedf234 said:
Still, why would her be considered the same tier when she can only do it once and it f*cks her up? That's like giving 1 ton of lifting strength to a mother who needs an adrenaline boost to barely be able to lift a car.

Aren't we going off-topic here?

Though considering Fubuki's reaction to Post-G4 Genos vs Sonic, I'm not disagreeing

Not really. It's just the limit of her abilities, also it was going to onshot Genos, so there's more reason to scale it from her to him than there is the other way around.

There's nothing to imply that she's adrenaline boosted either, and there's nothing to say that would even confer to telekinesis.

ByAsura said:
Not really. It's just the limit of her abilities, also it was going to onshot Genos, so there's more reason to scale it from her to him than there is the other way around.
There's nothing to imply that she's adrenaline boosted either, and there's nothing to say that would even confer to telekinesis.
I don't mean she's adrenaline boosted, I mean it's barely combat applicable as it's a single use attack and not her normal power level.

That's fair, but like I said, it probably still would scale her above Genos, who'd get oneshot.

Doesn't that make her comparable to someone from the top of the A-Class? Seems contradictory with her entire narrative.

I think they Fubuki's rank is other reasons than power, don't they?

Also, who has she fought? Saitama, a being who scales above everyone, Do-S, who scales to her, Demonic Fan, a random Demon level, and Jumping Spider, who was far far stronger than top 10 A-Classes.

Fubuki stays at the top of B-class basically to stroke her own ego, since Sweet Mask isn't letting her anywhere near A-Class rank 1

Oh, she does not only have a problem with not being among the top A-class members, she has a problem if she simply isn't the very first?

She stays B-Class because its impossible to reach top of A-Class and she can't stand being anything less than #1 due to her sister until the current Webcomic stuff rolls around.

...makes sense.

Darn, I'm eager to see her grow as a character and perhaps even as a heroine and become an S-Class alongside Tatsumaki, even if lower. (Bonus points if she's trying to overcome her sister.)

But yeah, I get your point. Makes sense for her to be 7-C, then.

Guy, I think I was actually wrong in my interpretation of Murata saying which of his statement are and are not cannon. Because, as @Spartan1204 said, Murata himself gives character abilities and powers, and adds whole scenes to fights which are approved by ONE if they reach the final draft. It doesn't make sense for him to be throwing out random statement of power and ability nonchalantly if they were only his personal opinion. After all, when asked if Saitama could have gotten back if he missed the moon, Murata specifically said his guess was a Serious Fart, but that ONE alone knew for sure (https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/5zclgn/murata_stream_pt_7_special_edition_latest_opm/). Murata can't be expected to say for every clarification statement of character's abilities "ONE said this". Murata has to know exactly what is going on each chapter from ONE, otherwise he wouldn't be able to properly represent it.

So.... strange as it might sound, I think this thread, which I myself started, was flawed in concept, and should be closed.

Bruh.jpg

Yare_yare_kms.png

When the Monster Association Arc is fully adapted in the manga - and the planet-destroying statement isn't in it - I think we should remove that statement from his profile tbh, because then it would have been fully retconned.

Damage3245 said:
When the Monster Association Arc is fully adapted in the manga - and the planet-destroying statement isn't in it - I think we should remove that statement from his profile tbh, because then it would have been fully retconned.
The scan were he said this has been adapted by murata? and he didn't said this in murata's version?

The Causality said:
The scan were he said this has been adapted by murata? and he didn't said this in murata's version?
We've gone past the point he said it in the webcomic and that line hasn't appeared yet in the manga version. It might have been moved to a later chapter, but for not it appears to be retconned out of existence.

Wasn't the planetary statement an "I think so" rather than a definite confirmation? Putting aside everything else, it should probably be removed.

Not to mention that would be completely out of character for Saitama.

Yeah, that does sound more reason to consider it a gag statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back