• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murata declares his own statements not "Word of God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qawsedf234 said:
> It was one of his first feats in the series, so it's more an establishing feat than an outlier

It was agreed that it was an outlier because nothing else Genos does or anyone that scales to him ever comes close to this level of power. Even other Dragon level threats like Vaccine Man and Beefcake have worse feats and calcs.
Both Beefcake and Vaccine Man were going about their villainy pretty casually until Saitama came and pissed them off and then one shot them a matter of seconds later, so I'd say they aren't the best benchmarks

It was. Vaccine Man has the arugment of being casual since he can easily spam the balls, but Beefcake was extremly mad and had zero reason to hold back.

Qawsedf234 said:
They never even increased the Bounty. They only sent a C-Class guy after them and didn't send anyone else. Hammerhead normally is a B-Class bounty, but higher by an unknown degree in his armor Three Eyed Ghost never tossed a building, just rammed into one. Also I don't remebmer a Tiger level threat thorwing a building.
I didn't say a Tiger level threat throwing a building either. I just compared some feats. Yes. But we're talking about a mook much weaker than him doing said feat.

Ty for the links that said I'd argue Darkshine gets to keep his level considering he already bests Genos' peak enemy.

From the audibook I recall:

>Genos never being able to beat Asura Rhino yet being able to best SeaKing

>And meanwhile Darkshine managing to beat Asura Rhino

So it should be safe to keep Darkshine's scaling.

Only change for Superalloy is the removal of the light tap quote about killing the DSK monster

Fasterthanthefourth said:
Aren't you that guy on the One Punch Man subreddit? Scumerage?
Yes. Yes I am. No, I do think the top S-Class at least are stronger than their current ranking, but I don't think it should be artificially supported on what Murata himself says is his personal opinion. Anyway, it doesn't matter what Saitama is ranked as by one website, he'll always be stronger than his feats (doubt even the series finale will show his fullpower).

Yeah. Just waiting on Ryu's opinion I guess. But almost everyone agrees with my suggested revisions

I do not agree with downgrades. Murata statements are canon. He specifically mentions when they aren't canon like when he was speculating on ending of OPM ending. Scumerage's quote is referring to the taste of monster cells.

> He specifically mentions when they aren't canon like when he was speculating on ending of OPM ending. Scumerage's quote is referring to the taste of monster cells.

He talks about Geryuganshoop's speed in relation to his feelings aboit his WoG stuff. Plus he's constantly said before that if he doesn't get ONE's approval it isn't offical.

Shoop's speed was the setting he was drawing in. More or less what he intended for the page to be read like making those statements canon.

Elder Centipede intercepting Genos blast, Murata's idea. Bang and Bomb combo, Murata's idea. A good portion of Orochi's abilities, Murata's ideas. Evil Eye's existence, Murata's idea. Murata's word and vision are a lot more involved in the writing and powerscaling than this thread is giving Murata credit for just because one redditor misinterpreted Murata's words.

> Oh, about the comment things that I talked them here, except I am saying "I heard that from ONE sensei", they are only my opinions and are not official settings. There might be some guys are asking to ONE sensei, but what I talked things were not all official ones. Like, except "They are in Hero Encyclopedia" or "ONE sensei said that" all things I said are only my guess.

He may draw those characters with that intention in mind, but unless they have a ONE statement or in-universe evidence then the quotes can't be used.

"Here" as in the things he just mentioned. Like the taste of Monster Cells.

Murata drew Shoop with the intention of making him throw relativistic rocks. So that's what Shoop did.

Murata drew a monster with the intention of having said monster be as strong as DSK and Darkshine being capable of oneshotting said monster.

It's even mentioned in one of the streams, Murata sometimes only text descriptions of characters and it's up to Murata to determine the powerscaling of the characters. Murata's words should be treated as official unless backtracked like Metal Bat touching Garou or contradicted by ONE. https://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_4#23.2F6.2F2018

Murata is essentially the secondary writer of OPM and his words should be treated as WoG.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sense ONE has never stated that Murata's word is canon, has never referenced any of what he has said, and most importantly 99% of what Murata said isnt present anywhere in the manga
Orochi's powers, Bang and Bomb using a combo attack, Evil Eye and his fate, among many other things went onto the page. Why the hell would Murata lie about Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist being stronger than Roaring Aura Sky Splitting Fist, they specify that the attack against Overgrown Rover should be stronger than the one used against Elder Centipede? Moreover, Murata specifically released this information after heavily discussing the changes with ONE.

The monster PPP fought literally had a parallel with PPP vs DSK fight. The implication on what Murata was trying to show on the page is evident.

Murata: Few things in life are more exciting than giving creative input and shaping the future of OPM together with ONE sensei.

Murata literally shapes multiple aspects of OPM.

"Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on."

These are Murata's intentions of what was approved by ONE, he just wasn't able to display it well.

Also, even if you don't count Orochi's comparable statement by Murata. ONE stated according to Murata, "He's a top monster both in looks and power"

I agree with Spartan1204. When Murata declared that his statements are just assumptions, he didn't mean that EVERY single thing he says is bullshit. A lot of his statements were approved by ONE, since he has confirmed that he often has long, thorough discussions with ONE, regarding One Punch Man. A lot of his statements are probably accurate, so we shouldn't just go crazy on OPM and downgrade them every chance we get. Because it's pretty obvious this wiki is sort of obsessed with downplaying OPM, because you guys clearly hate this series for some stupid reason.

So murata might have given Geryu the ability to throw relativistic rocks in the actual series and only clarified that in the Q&A instead of simply offering his opinions on how Geryu's powers functioned as planned by ONE. I can actually see this being the case.

Saitama's 5-B still needs to go.

Andytrenom said:
So murata might have given Geryu the ability to throw relativistic rocks in the actual series and only clarified that in the Q&A instead of simply offering his opinions on how Geryu's powers functioned as planned by ONE. I can actually see this being the case.
Saitama's 5-B still needs to go.
Why does his 5-B have to go?

Andytrenom said:
If it wasn't clarified in the manga and if Murata didn't quote or say it was according to ONE in that QnA, it is his personal opinion (according to him) which we don't deem canon.

Unless we are considering Murata's word as WoG.

@AKM We were considering Murata's word as WoG but now that he said his word isnt canon we have no reason to anymore

@AKM If he himself gave Geryu that ability, how they work can't really be a personal opinion.

Of course that's assuming the ability he described had actually made it into the manga and he was only clarifying how it worked in the Q&A. So I am not gonna push for the statement to be accepted, even if I myself am okay with it.

That's just the same as treating his word as WoG though. And we can't always know what abilities were given by him alone or after ONE's input, which makes it very hard to determine which of his statements to deem canon.

I'd personally like we take a fixed stand for stuff like this, either treat his word as WoG or don't treat them altogether. It's very difficult and conflicting to pick and choose like that.

WeeklyBattles said:
He himself said his WoG shouldnt be taken as canon
Did you literally ignore what I explained?

Murata himself actively gives characters abilities and clarifying those abilities shouldn't be treated as noncanon. Orochi's mimicking Garou's martial arts to same degree of skill of Garou is clarifying Orochi's mimicry skill.

@AKM If he were to not have any creative input at all in the series then, I would agree with none of his statements being used as basis for our ratings.

On the other hand, if he is allowed to implement some of his own ideas into the story then I disagree completely with having a fixed rule. In that case I believe his statements should be evaluated on a case by case basis, no matter if it's inconvenient for us or not.

Actually Saitama should remain 5-B for 3 reasons:

1. Murata generally holds back on making statements without the consent of ONE

2. Saitama stated he can destroy Earth

3. Saitama is far stronger than Garou and Boros so we should assume Planet level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back