• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou has Time Travel (Un limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I dont have the scans but the chapter is here
The point of this thread is to advocate for the removal of limitations on Garou’s time travel capabilities in his profile. It is posited that he should be endowed with Time Travel and a plethora of other abilities, which will be elaborated upon in due course. Herein lies the rationale for this proposition.

Subsequent to the cataclysmic confrontation between Saitama and Garou, which culminated in intergalactic devastation, Garou found himself in a dire and desolate predicament. He had inadvertently caused the demise of Tareo and witnessed the shattering of his dreams by Saitama. After a period of introspection, Garou unveiled the ultimate technique of his “fist” to Saitama, insinuating that Saitama would be capable of executing it successfully. As both Garou and Saitama commenced the technique, “God” initiated the transmutation of Garou into salt or a substance akin to salt. This resulted in only Saitama being able to revert back in his physical form, while Garou’s physical form remained in a parallel timeline as a lifeless salt figure. However, Garou arrived in the past in his soul form.

Upon scrutinizing the circumstances, it becomes evident that Garou initially lacked the proficiency to perform the technique with his own knowledge. Nevertheless, after imparting his technique to Saitama and observing Saitama’s application of it, he was potentially able to utilize Shakkei to mimic Saitama’s usage (although the methodology remains speculative it is irrelevant). The crux of the matter is that he ultimately mastered the technique, as evidenced by his arrival in his soul form.

Now I am aware there are various common counter arguments in which I will refute here.

Refuting Common Counter Arguments

Saitama was the one that took Garou back:

I comprehend where the argument is coming from, but it appears there’s a misunderstanding about the mechanics of the time travel. Essentially, Saitama imagines his own inner universe. Particles and their corresponding antiparticles are produced in pairs due to the intense cosmic rays emitted by Garou. Saitama then manipulates his own subatomic particles to move in opposite directions and mirror each other’s movements. Subsequently, these subatomic particles transform into what can be metaphorically described as miniature Saitama visages, and he travels back in time. In essence, Saitama only sends his own particles back, nothing else. Given that Garou arrived in his soul form, it implies that Garou was capable of executing the same process.

Garou said himself he couldn't do it:
This argument has been previously addressed, but to reiterate. Initially, Garou was incapable of executing the technique with his own knowledge. However, upon observing Saitama’s application of the method, he was able to replicate it. Although it’s not explicitly stated, the specific method is inconsequential as Garou was ultimately able to master it either way.

He can only send his Soul in the past it would be NLF if we assumed he could travel back in his physical form:
To contextualize this argument, I acknowledge the origin of this contention. If the scenario were solely confined to Garou’s soul journeying back in time, it would indeed be a case of No Limits Fallacy. However, we observe that Garou taught his technique to Saitama, who subsequently demonstrated the ability to time travel in his physical form. This suggests that Garou, being the originator of the technique, should possess the same capability as it is originally his technique. Although Garou stated that Saitama could enhance his techniques, he also used the term ‘copy’, implying that it’s essentially the same exact technique, albeit improved in the sense that Saitama could apply it with his knowledge, a feat that initially eluded Garou. Furthermore, Saitama’s superior execution of the techniques does not necessarily transform them into an entirely distinct methodology.

Then that means they were both reversing causality at the same time separately which is a nomological impossibility:
Primarily, the reversal of causality did not entail reverting the Universe to a predetermined point and obliterating the parallel timeline (which would scale Saitama and Garou to a Universal+ level). Instead, Saitama and Garou reversed causality and annihilated the timeline through the mechanism of the Grandfather Paradox.

God Transmutes Him If He Tried Time Travelling:
(I almost forgot to add this argument) However, God did not transmute Garou as a consequence of his employment of the time travel technique. God does not hinder Garou from harnessing the time travel technique. God only transmuted Garou due to being defeated by Saitama (which was the rationale for his empowerment) and Garou endeavored to assist Saitama ultimately with time travel. In the given context, this is coherent as it is evident that God transmuted Garou due to his failure of prevailing over Saitama and endeavor to assist Saitama with time travel, not merely because Garou was using time travel.

Now regarding if this should be combat applicable or not. Yes, I agree this should be combat applicable I believe Garou's usage of time travel should be like Saitama's usage. Though this doesn't mean that I'm implying Garou just spams Time Travel quite the contrary. I believe Garou should only be viable to utilize Time Travel in these 3 scenarios...I believe all 3 Scenarios should be used.
Scenario A: Garou is Bloodlusted (Like Saitamas Profile)
Scenario B: Garou is in a hopeless state and situation in combat in which the only possible solution is Time Travel (Like in the Manga)
Scenario C: Garou's Final Move (An Ultimate Last Resort)

At the outset, I did mention that there were additional capabilities I wished to incorporate, which essentially encompass the abilities that are inherent in the execution of the technique.
Parallel Timeline Garou: Time Travel, Body Control, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic), and Antimatter Manipulation (Travelled back in time by manipulating his own sub-atomic particles and anti-particles)

If there is a majority agreement, then can a content mod add these? Thanks

Those Who Agree (@Recon1511, @Phoenks, @Excel616, @ZillertheBucko, @Valeska24 ,@DarkDragonMedeus ,@Epiccheev, @Null, @Aseka, @Qawsedf234, @Maverick_Zero_X, @Quangotjokes)

Those Who Disagree ()

Last edited:
Lost me at the Universal stuff since I disagree that they destroyed the timeline by doing so but I do agree with the premise

I mean if we assume the most peak version of the character for profiles, then this is probably fine.

He would have it, but the profile would have to note the power was used only after he was dying to God. So for the sake of a Vsthread the OP would have to allow the usage.

At least in my view.
Well, the thing is if we are assuming the peak of the character, it would mean peak knowledge as well.

So he would have the knowledge of how to use Time Travel that he learned after witnessing Saitama do it (and presumably copying it).

Without the whole "god is killing me" thing happening. In other words, he'd have complete awareness of how to use it but also be completely fine in the VS match setting. And with his extraordinary genius... it's pretty unlimited what he'd be able to do.

Not sure you could even limit it like that. Though this is a weird topic. He never technically "used it" so it's pretty strange.

Well, the thing is if we are assuming the peak of the character, it would mean peak knowledge as well.
But the Peak version of the character is right before Saitama orbital punches him. When he learns the technique he has all power stripped and is dying within seconds. Peak knowledge Garou isn't the same as Peak Garou.

Not sure you could even limit it like that
It would just be a note, like with Saitama's profile.

And thats Grace! I’m so happy to see that we all reached a consensus without any disputes. I know the staff added some conditions, but I’m totally fine with them (as long as we’re talking about Garou at his Peak). I really appreciate your cooperation and support.

This looks ready to be posted by a content mod.

Current
Limited Time Travel (Did time travel with Saitama, and landed in the same timeline, right when he awakened Tareo, in his soul form[5])
New
Limited Time Travel (Did time travel with Saitama, and landed in the same timeline, right when he awakened Tareo, in his soul form[5][Note 1])

Note: Garou only acquired this ability as he was dying and only after copying Saitama. When making a match with Parallel Timeline Garou, the ability should be specified as being useable or not for the thread.

Sure, though the note would still need to be present.
Don’t you think Garou shouldn't have the note? He did the same thing as Saitama, but the only difference was he didn’t show up in his physical form. They both forgot the technique in the end, so why is Garou the only one who can’t use it? (Unless specified)

Don’t you think Garou shouldn't have the note? He did the same thing as Saitama, but the only difference was he didn’t show up in his physical form. They both forgot the technique in the end, so why is Garou the only one who can’t use it? (Unless specified)
Because Saitama was still at his peak when he got time travel, Garou died seconds after he learned it. So there's no strong version of Garou that would have access to the ability and you would have to basically composite him to get access to it.

It's fine, if OP restricts time travel for the match we can call him a coward lololol

Qaws you can add the changes now I think

Because Saitama was still at his peak when he got time travel, Garou died seconds after he learned it. So there's no strong version of Garou that would have access to the ability and you would have to basically composite him to get access to it.
Sound Logic

Let me try to create a cool format

Time Travel, Body Control, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic), and Antimatter Manipulation (Travelled back in time by manipulating his own sub-atomic particles and anti-particles and landed in the same timeline, right when he awakened Tareo, in his soul form[5][Note 1]))

Notes:
Garou is unlikely to use time travel unless he is

Bloodlusted
Desperation
: If Garou finds himself in a psychologically hopeless situation in a combat scenario where he has no other options.
Last Resort: Time travel might be employed by Garou as a final attempt.

Note: Garou only acquired this ability as he was dying and only after copying Saitama. When making a match with Parallel Timeline Garou, the ability should be specified as being useable or not for the thread.

Well if he was dying when he learned how to do it, wouldn't the version in the match that has be dying as well, since that is the version of the char who has it?

Well if he was dying when he learned how to do it, wouldn't the version in the match that has be dying as well, since that is the version of the char who has it?
Yes, though "Depowered Garou who dies 5 seconds into a fight" isn't exactly the most popular match up option.

No, he was dying because he decided to teach the technique to Saitama to stop the fight from happening on the first place, angering God who started to turn him to salt.

In any other situation God shouldn't have any issue in letting his avatar use time travel to win the fight

Yes, though "Depowered Garou who dies 5 seconds into a fight" isn't exactly the most popular match up option.
The intention of this CRT as I understand it is to have Garou be able to use time travel in his parallel timeline key as he actually learned the technique and used it. Meaning he can Zero Punch like Saitama did if he deems it necessary.

The intention of this CRT as I understand it is to have Garou be able to use time travel in his parallel timeline key as he actually learned the technique and used it
My point is that he wouldn't have that normally. You'd have to composite Garou to get that ability, as the one who performed all the feats and special moves isn't the one who does time travel since he had his powers stripped.

Which is why a note would need to be included.

My point is that he wouldn't have that normally. You'd have to composite Garou to get that ability, as the one who performed all the feats and special moves isn't the one who does time travel since he had his powers stripped.

But it's not a new key or form? It's literally just Parallel Timeline Garou until the very end where he actually dies as a soul after time travelling. This key, in the usual vacuum we make for vs threads to work, should have this knowledge.

But it's not a new key or form? It's literally just Parallel Timeline Garou until the very end where he actually dies as a soul after time travelling
I'm not saying it's a new form or key, but I am saying that it wouldn't be a default power since he got it after his strength was stripped and he died right after.

No, he was dying because he decided to teach the technique to Saitama to stop the fight from happening on the first place, angering God who started to turn him to salt.

In any other situation God shouldn't have any issue in letting his avatar use time travel to win the fight
...he was only able to use it after he saw saitama perfect it and then use it, he said himself that he didn't mastered the thing when he showed to Saitama, if he figured it out how to use it only in a point where he was dying, then that is the version that knows it in the first place

Wouldn't the note have to note that by the point Garou knew how to use it he was dying? Hence if one wants to use that version who has it in a match, he would be dying as well?

Sound Logic

Let me try to create a cool format

Time Travel, Body Control, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic), and Antimatter Manipulation (Travelled back in time by manipulating his own sub-atomic particles and anti-particles and landed in the same timeline, right when he awakened Tareo, in his soul form[5][Note 1]))

Notes:
Garou is unlikely to use time travel unless he is

Bloodlusted
Desperation
: If Garou finds himself in a psychologically hopeless situation in a combat scenario where he has no other options.
Last Resort: Time travel might be employed by Garou as a final attempt.

For now, let’s go with this format, unless proven the notes should be taken down. By the way, isn't Garou's profile composited?

...he was only able to use it after he saw saitama perfect it and then use it, he said himself that he didn't mastered the thing when he showed to Saitama, if he figured it out how to use it only in a point where he was dying, then that is the version that knows it in the first place
?
But it isn't a new version? It's literally his parallel timeline key but at the very end of the fight? Your argument makes no sense, the key doesn't get separated because the character learned a new hax while they were dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back