• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Satan Vs King (One Punch Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Satan was acting pretty delusional against Kid Buu before falling into a crying mess when Kid Buu tried somewhat to actually kill him. And again: much higher stakes.

Dont know.

Satan supposedly only knows that he is facing someone terribly strong.

Satan actually launches attacks in character, as seen with Cell.. 18.. Buu.. So as soon as he does that, King's out. If he disn't run from Cell and Buu, he isn't running from King.

But I agree that Satan probably just bribes him.

Yeah Mr.Satan's initial reaction to somebody that's powerful is to try and bribe them (Like with 18).

And since King is a shut-in Otaku that doesn't actually have good physicals who's fighting the World Martial Arts Champion, he'd probably take the bribe.

I'm also going to side with King here. We're comparing Satan's experiences against fear to legitimate fear hax. This is false equivalency. Satan experienced fear due to his knowledge on the gap in power. Here, he'll be experiencing fear due to what I'm assuming is a supernatural power, which is completely different.

Assuming this is the case, I'll side with King. Vroom Vroom.

"We're comparing Satan's experiences against fear to legitimate fear hax."

Wasn't it explicitly stated in-verse that his power is literally just his heart beating so loudly that it sounds like his "Rumbling power"? There's absolutely no hax in this at all, it's just the enemy fearing his reputation.

Yeah his profile has no "Fear Hax" at all. Don't give people powers they don't have, especially when it's explicitly stated how his "hax" works.

Edit:

Also "Here, he'll be experiencing fear due to what I'm assuming is a supernatural power, which is completely different."

This is even more reason to bribe him.

Spinoirr said:
Also king has luck so his luck will probably give him money from Mr sata
... Yeah.

Mr. Satan will bribe King to just leave with a million Zeni or something.

King walks away a Millionaire and avoided a confrontation with the World Martial Arts Champion.

Mister Satan thinks he just avoided fighting a supernatural god fighter.

@Akreious

There's a reason the word assuming was used there.

The bit about the money is a good point.

I'll give the match a bit more thought, though I'm still leaning towards King since Satan doesn't have anything to lose by running.

King will always bullshit his way to victory. Obviously Mr. Satan would whoop him in an actual fight but King would probably convince him to step down.

I haven't really seen much to argue that Satan would actually run away. Even in the case with 18, he was pretty fearful and kept his distance as he could, but he didn't pass out, or run away, or whatever else. And in her case, she actually rushes him. While King just stands there.

Wouldn't Satan need prior knowledge of King and his exploits for his intimidation to work? King is only so feared because of his reputation in the OPM verse which Satan wouldn't be aware of.

The OP specify they have prior knowledge of each other. Satan thinks he's at the level of a Dragon threat, and King thinks he is as well due to defeating Cell but not having much more info.

Counting the votes. He already hit seven at least.

Yellow Pig 10, ApiesDeathbyLazors, ThePixelKirby, EmperorSoom25, Litentric Teon, Spinoirr, Blackcurrant91 voted for king. And a few others were backing king up. I wasn't sure if it was a vote for him. But this should already be added

I feel like you're completely ignoring the people who voted Mr.Satan via bribing King to back down instead of fighting him. Which is quite a lot of people.

Also some votes were of Mr.Satan being completely OOC and running away; the press is everywhere. There's no "Running away" with him. He put up an act with 18; someone he knows can blow up a planet with a single finger. King, while strong, isn't going to be the worst thing Mr.Satan has ever dealt with before.

So yeah. Some votes that used those reasonings should absolutely not be counted in this battle. Also pretty sure this is a necro.

There were. But not enough to stop grace Period. Especially since the ones I showed weren't even them all. Other people did back up the king. So it definitely entered

And also wrong. It was based on his abilities with fear, luck, and the fact Mr Satan has shown to back down. Like shown with Andriod 18. So the points are valid.

And this thing has been over for a while. Nobody added it cause nobody was aware it had already entered grace.

I have to go with Mr satan on this

He would bribe king or after stalling and bluffing for sometime try to attack him as since there are media around he would know that running away would make him lose credibility

"And also wrong. It was based on his abilities with fear, luck, and the fact Mr Satan has shown to back dow. Like shown with Andriod 18. So the points are valid."

Actually never once did Mr.Satan ever back down infront of the press. The situation the OP places them in makes it so as well. And even then, Mr.Satan's absolute first action when fighting a fighter he knows can blow up a planet (Android 18) was to bribe them. He didn't back down with Android 18 at all. The match was, officially, his victory. A similar bribe with King will absolutely happen here and a similar result will happen here as well. You asserting that he backed down with Android 18, no offense, shows how little you understand our points.

King doesn't have Fear Hax or Uber Fear abilities. Stop it with this absolutely ridiculous assertion that has absolutely no backing whatsoever. It is blatantly clear that all of King's "Fear Hax" is merely just his heart beating really fast and giving off the illusion of "Killing intent", with his reputation filling in the rest to intimidate the enemy. If an enemy ever breaks through their own self-doubts then King can basically do absolutely nothing to stop them. The only reason why this hasn't happened before was because he kept getting saved or bluffed out.

Problem with this is, Mr.Satan didn't back down even when facing an opponent that he well knows can blow up a planet, again, with their finger. Mr.Satan at best would scale to around planet level at higher amounts of power; he's dealt with sufficiently powerful enemies prior without absolutely running away in fear.

Luck is almost a complete non-factor as in-character, as we've been saying, Mr.Satan will bribe King to back down. In fact, that's probably what King considers "Lucky" anyways. Avoid fighting Mr.Satan who defeated Cell? The same Cell who wrecked half a city by waving his hand too fast? AND he's going to pay you to not fight? Sure seems lucky to him. It's just that as per Victory Conditions, it'd count as a Victory for Mr.Satan.

"And this thing has been over for a while. Nobody added it cause nobody was aware it had already entered grace."

No, nobody added it because people are giving King powers he doesn't have and makes Mr.Satan OOC. King is good at intimidation; that ain't fear hax. At all. It's reputation and a really fast heartbeat that makes people think you have a rising bloodlust. His victory condition relies on Mr.Satan not going for his own, much more IC reaction of using the power of the Dollar. Or whatever they use in Dragon Ball. Zennies?

Litentric Teon said:
I'm also going to side with King here. We're comparing Satan's experiences against fear to legitimate fear hax. This is false equivalency. Satan experienced fear due to his knowledge on the gap in power. Here, he'll be experiencing fear due to what I'm assuming is a supernatural power, which is completely different.

Assuming this is the case, I'll side with King. Vroom Vroom.
Sure. Fear hax. King.

Ayy Mr. Satan isn't running away. He is fool enough to at least try hitting his opponent once. IIRC he also fought a little against 18, before bribing her.

Doubt bribing would even work on King, he already gets paid tons from the HA, and money doesn't seem to be something he cares about anyway.

IIkugelblitzII said:
Doubt bribing would even work on King, he already gets paid tons from the HA, and money doesn't seem to be something he cares about anyway.
It's less about the money and more him not wanting to fight Mr.Satan who defeated powers that are superior to the saiyans who can glass an entire city with a raise of the fingers. And hey he's being paid to NOT fight this guy. Win-Win for both sides; it's just in this specific scenario that it's only technically a victory for Mr.Satan

His tatics would bold more towards his feat factor which would easily work on Mister Satan. Plus his extreme luck. We don't know really how he would react to a bribe for sure. So either side could be argued. Which makes a vote for either side valid. Thus votes are countered. Pointless argument. Grace is long over. This is already added.

"His tatics would bold more towards his feat factor which would easily work on Mister Satan. "

Mr.Satan already confronted opponents who can dust a planet by glancing at them too harshly. Even with King'a reputation, Satan will absolutely not flee. Especially not infront of the press as the OP stipulates. So no, it wouldn't work. Not as King intends anyways.

We know how King would react. He's a coward; he actively flees against enemies who don't run. If Mr.Satan offers him money to simply wall away with no fuss, he will absolutely take it. It's very IC for him to do so.

Put Mr. Satan in any of the situations King was in and he'd be dead.

King has the literal ability to bullshit himself out of anything. The type of luck Mr. Satan has doesn't compare at all.

Mr. Satan has still taken strikes and been shot. That wouldn't happen to King. He hasn't been touched since his initial scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back