• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch man vs Dragon Ball (2/7/1)

Are you saying that Rochi would win because of the AP advantage? Boros has very good regeneration and when he fought Saitama he intended to wear Saitama down while using his regeneration to recover, AP alone is not enough to beat Boros.

While pressure points plus AP advantage is a very good thing, as soon as Boros feels overpowered it goes into Meteoric Burst and Blitz Rochi.
boros knew about saitama's immense strenght, and even noted that the only reason why saitama could keep up with him was because saitama was really ******* strong

It took him a good while for him to use MB against saitama, so its clear that even while feeling overpowered boros will still try to outlast his opponent.Especially when you take into account that he only uses MB if he sees it as the only way to defeat his foe(that shit is dentrimental for his life span)

I pretty much see the same scenario will happen here, boros tries to outlast roshi just like he did against saitama, difference here is that roshi can finish the fight with relative ease with pressure points and doesnt like to mess around against actual threats

In his profile it says he gets tired after a single kamehameha (It is difficult for him to sustain his MAX Power form due to his age, and his strongest attack has a long charge time and he can only use it once before being completely drained)

Wincons for Boros:
1-Wear down Rochi while recovering with his regeneration (It is difficult for him to sustain his MAX Power form due to his age, and his strongest attack has a long charge time and he can only use it once before being completely drained);

2-Heat attacks (Rochi has no resistance);

3-Aura of heat? (I am not sure);

4-Meteoric Burts Blitz and BFR Rochi into space.

Wincons for Rochi:
1-About 5x AP Advantage + Pressure Points + Paralysis + Martial Arts (How long does Boros have to be immobilized to lose? How long does the downtime/Sleep last?);

2-Sealing (Would result in inconclusive, Since Rochi would die in the process);
His sleep inducement lasts until he turns it off.

Although it seems that he needs the opponent to look at his hands for some time to perform Hypnosis...

Wincons for Boros:
1-Wear down Rochi while recovering with his regeneration (It is difficult for him to sustain his MAX Power form due to his age, and his strongest attack has a long charge time and he can only use it once before being completely drained);

2-Heat attacks (Rochi has no resistance);

3-Aura of heat? (I am not sure);

4-Meteoric Burts Blitz and BFR Rochi into space.

Wincons for Rochi:
1-About 5x AP Advantage + Pressure Points + Paralysis + Martial Arts (How long does Boros have to be immobilized to lose? How long does the downtime/Sleep last?);

2-Sealing (Would result in inconclusive, Since Rochi would die in the process);
Boros heat aura is anime only

Haven’t been able to input much but, I do still believe Roshi should win. Incap should be possible without sealing, as the only way he can land it is via SBT, which is automatically an incap.

https://cm.blazefast.co/dc/8a/dc8a1a1e6c37ed9ed3801e4c2c9feab5.jpg

It lasts until he “gives the single” so he does indeed win from this.

I’ve also seen someone respond saying the start up time is enough for Boros to counter. Ignoring the fact that Roshi isn’t dumb enough to throw it out without finding an opening, Boros has no real way to counter this, even with prior knowledge.

While the startup is clear as day, it isn’t as long as one would think. Roshi only did this extra bit against Goku but it’s a non-factor.

Roshi can clearly activate it at any moment he wants and it takes immediate effect.

And it immediately puts Goku to sleep.

Goku also shows some minor resistance towards it as he was capable of breaking out of it once he heard there was food nearby, but even so he was instantly put to sleep by this, in a matchup against someone with 0 resistance towards it, this is very detrimental.

As seen in DBS, the technique activates the very moment Roshi begins to use it, further emphasizing the fact that the startup presented in DB was nothing more than Roshi being extra. This guy has some clear resistance towards it but even then, he was quickly dropped to his knees. Boros would immediately be dropped to his knees the very moment Roshi raises his hands.

Boros having prior knowledge to his ranged attacks would make him try to overcome him in close quarters which he will be dominated in. And, as a result, Roshi will either find an opening and sleep him or Boros will attempt to fire off an blast and be put to sleep.

What if he just got better at it in DBS?
That’s pretty baseless, Roshi, after dragon ball hasn’t had much implications of training drastically or even improving upon abilities to the point of changing how they operate all together.
It’d have to be proven that this technique was expanded on as this fits what’s shown in Dragon ball, Goku isn’t bother by the hand movements until Roshi actually applies the technique himself, which we clearly see emphasized.

That’s pretty baseless, Roshi, after dragon ball hasn’t had much implications of training drastically or even improving upon abilities to the point of changing how they operate all together.
It’d have to be proven that this technique was expanded on as this fits what’s shown in Dragon ball, Goku isn’t bother by the hand movements until Roshi actually applies the technique himself, which we clearly see emphasized.
I mean, he literally does get better mastery with his techniques. He can use the Mafuba and live.

And better Ki Control.
Or a larger ki reserve. The attack just took a lot of a ki, thus killing him. In DBS he clearly has a larger ki reserve thus can use multiple attacks without tiring himself out. That isn’t evidence of his technique, which is a non-factor in regards to the level of ki he possess or his mastery of such, just suddenly went from “having to wave his hands around and also sing” to immediately taking affect whenever he wants.
As shown in DB, he can activate the sleep portion whenever he wants, and is shown in DBS as well. Nothing has changed.

I find the part where Rochi doesn't train a little questionable, I mean, did he jump from 5-C to Alto 4-C, or am I missing something?

I find the part where Rochi doesn't train a little questionable, I mean, did he jump from 5-C to Alto 4-C, or am I missing something?
I do acknowledge the idea that he trains, but the notion that he’s developed new techniques or enhanced this ability to the point that it activates the moment he sets out for it to is baseless. The scene in super and original db aren’t different at all, he activates it will.

I still think it's a bit dubious, but if you're that sure... I'm not exactly a Dragon Ball expert to be able to dispute that.

Anyway... Anyone else want to vote? I think all the main arguments have been laid out on the table.

What were the exact circumstances that Rochi used sleep manipulation?
Against, Goku he used it to tests him and beat him. He realized he had no other real way to defeat him.

Same against the bird dude in dbs, he realized he was growing in power and too much to handle so he attempted to put him to sleep.

While he wouldn’t automatically use it against Boros, it wouldn’t take long realize that he has regenerative abilities and he’ll immediately y him.

Against, Goku he used it to tests him and beat him. He realized he had no other real way to defeat him.

Same against the bird dude in dbs, he realized he was growing in power and too much to handle so he attempted to put him to sleep.

While he wouldn’t automatically use it against Boros, it wouldn’t take long realize that he has regenerative abilities and he’ll immediately y him.
why wouldn't he try his other haxes first before that?

Well the Mafuba basically kills him in this key but I guess paralysis inducement with pressure points would work, though Boros would still be very much a threat.

Just dropping in to say, that NO Roshi will not immediately keel over if he uses Mafuba. Evil Containment Wave takes more energy the stronger your opponent (in comparison to yourself). King Piccolo was massively stronger than Roshi so it's natural he died.

Just dropping in to say, that NO Roshi will not immediately keel over if he uses Mafuba. Evil Containment Wave takes more energy the stronger your opponent (in comparison to yourself). King Piccolo was massively stronger than Roshi so it's natural he died.
I don’t remember this being stated, is there a scan?

Well, I assumed you’d know where to find the scan since you’ve proposed it to the thread and it’s not listed on the profile. If the statement was made, I believe it’s referring to the fact that Goku is a lot stronger than he is. The difference between Roshi and Frost/ Vegeta is much larger than that of DKP and Roshi, yet he could seal them.

Well, I assumed you’d know where to find the scan since you’ve proposed it to the thread and it’s not listed on the profile. If the statement was made, I believe it’s referring to the fact that Goku is a lot stronger than he is. The difference between Roshi and Frost/ Vegeta is much larger than that of DKP and Roshi, yet he could seal them.
He never sealed Frost or Vegeta did he? He used the technique on Frost and Frost sealed Vegeta. Either way I'm off to scan searching so I won't be responding for a while.

Back