• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

Yeah, I heard of 1-A Mario, but I honestly wouldn't count on that ever happening here; I'd rather we not be accused of being another you know who but on the opposite side.

Mario winning a versus match? I must be dreaming.

Yeah I am always asking on how can a plumber with so much in his disposal lose so terribly it's just baffling at times.

^ TBF it's a lot to compile and I have a strange feeling like half of it is gonna get rejected anyways. Eficiente will probably butt in somewhere and talk about "statements > implications" despite their Kirby litterally having assumptions made for him on his profile as well as practically half of the verses because fiction is never not vague.

And then they'll say "Mario was powered by a Luma in Galaxy" and then "A single Power Star doesn't automatically grant 4-A stats because it was always a range so even a boss with a Power Star can still be 4-C"

Of course shit like Base Bowser in Galaxy 1 providing a good fight for Mario even supposedly "empowered" goes against this and then Base Bowser tanking the black hole that at most was dwarfing galaxies on the World Map as well as Peach also go against this but people could clain outlier even though Prima and the in-game cutscene also support Bowser maybe even tanking the shit from the first Galaxy for more consistency.

But yeah. It's a lot to compile and I think they wanna make sure it's nice and articulate so that way they can hopefully get the most people on board with it as efficiently possible.

Dino said he had plans for verse wide revisions coming next month.

It's probably upgrades; and may even be based on things we've been saying to upgrade them actually. Because apparently a lot of Tier 2 stuff have been brought up left and right as of late.

Does Mario have a Downplayed profile on Joke Battles? If not, someone should get on that.

But yeah, I know it's probably upgrades. Anything to get them out of 4-C hell. Plus even if it were downgrades I doubt the proposed stats would be anything less than Wario's feat.

It was already mentioned that there are enough 4-A feats, plus base form and with power stars don't have much reason to be that distinct based on numerous mentions above. And also, the ending statement of the first Mario Galaxy heavily implies the 3-C feats hold more weight than anything lower than that. Still iffy on Low 2-C for base forms, but 4-A sounds like a bare minimum for the cast.

Hmm, would you apply Low 2-C to amped versions, then? Like when they actually weaponize Power Stars? I'm only asking cause you clarified you're iffy for Low 2-C base forms.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Does Mario have a Downplayed profile on Joke Battles? If not, someone should get on that.
But yeah, I know it's probably upgrades. Anything to get them out of 4-C hell. Plus even if it were downgrades I doubt the proposed stats would be anything less than Wario's feat.
I made a downplayed version of MCU Thanos on JBW.

I will work on mario

Yeah, they're already massive degrees of 2-B with Pure Hearts, and same with Dreamy Bowser and later Star Rod Bowser perhaps.

Bob please delete that awful image. Maybe someone could ask Dino what his own revisions are, if he's basing it on hos own findings than we could put what he has and he have together. On the topic of the Low 2-C stuff I've gotten a lot less iffy about it recently, we have a decent handful of them even without amps (Bowser destroying dream worlds, the heroes tanking the Sammer Kingdoms destruction, Wario beating the Black Jewel, I also just found out that in the first Galaxy game Bowser also tanks getting blasted with the energy of a Grand Star in all his boss fights) and the Grand Star boost could be just something that makes Bowser stronger but not overwhelmingly so, but I'm still not 100% sure about base Low 2-C characters and I have my doubts it would get accepted anyway as opposed to the 4-A upgrade which would be much more acceptable by comparison due to not being as big of a leap from High 4-C.

Lol you talk about it being a huge leap but Link went from Tier 4 to Tier 2 and apparently there's talks of Kirby doing the same so there's precedent.

But meh.

Well Link went to tier 3 not 2 but yeah I see your point. Although with him it's with amps that he gets to 3-A (FD Mask, Golden Sword, the Full Triforce) as opposed to it being his natural strength or his strength with the standard Master Sword and Triforce of Courage. I personally don't think it being a huge leap should matter, hell beisdes Link and Kirby there's also DMC and God Of War going from Tier 6 to Tier 3/2.

Yeah. I'd also like to say that Kirby isn't always in base or using base abilities, too. Could be a reason to justify the sudden increase if/when he gets it. Though I have a feeling it'll be based on vague statements but meh.

Anyways, I hope Mario gets some speed upgrades with future games. Tbh Galaxy and Party are the only series that could even have any given how grandiose everything is and how zany they are. If we just get Odyssey 2, there's practically less than a 1% chance they'll get any meaningful feats unless they go super crazy and have Bowser perform a DK and smack the Moon or something, but it'll never happen

However, I do hope Bowser has some more abilities to show off cause he was rather lackluster. But he did create dark duplicates of items, create forcefields to block attacks, had better showings of fire manip amd acrobatics, and was somewhat implied to have something to do with Sand Kingdom freezing over.

Annd, that was it. There's some other assumptions to make, but overall he barely had anything new.

Yeah Odyssey didn't have anything too crazy outside of Mario gaining possession hax. Bowser also could conjure up massive balls of earth and large spiked metal balls, plus he could freely control his hat without the need of a device, controlling its flight path and making it pull out its boxing gloves to punch Mario, but as you said not much new. I'd like another RPG with Bowser being playable and he uses his black magic for special attacks instead of simply pulling out some goombas, giving him some abilities he hasn't shown before or enhancing already existing abilities.

To be fair he does already have Mind Manipulation...

...with optional equipment. Yeah some mind hax for Bowser would be pretty cool, although some more resistances wouldn't hurt either.

What else does he need to resist? Mario doesn't have any power-ups Bowser isn't somewhat resistant against sans the "invincible" power-ups I believe

If base forms do get a Tier 2 form, it would just be "Possibly Low 2-C" at best IMO, and it would probably only be given to the seven star children. Or other majorly strong characters like Rosalina would definitely be Tier 2 both for that and being superior to the main cast. Other characters like Toad, Toadette, Waluigi, Daisy, the seven Koopalings, and all the other mid tier bosses, ect should just stay at Tier 4.

Technically, the existence of Lumas means that there are billions to trillions of feats ranging from 5-B to 3-C and many in between. But Yoshi creating a star constellation is also a High 4-C feat along with Dreamy Luigi moving star constellations. There's also the star constellation creation feats on Mario Party 4.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
If base forms do get a Tier 2 form, it would just be "Possibly Low 2-C" at best IMO, and it would probably only be given to the seven star children.
^Pretty much how I view tier 2 base forms, while there's too many to ignore there's also not enough to justify a solid Low 2-C rating.

Yeah, plus Tier 2 is too controversial to apply to every single mid tier. But yes, there are far too many to just simply ignore.

Back