• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

As long as Kirby doesn't have a definitive 2-C and it's also labeled "possibly" I'd be fine with this because I like verses to be treated equally, especially when they have about as much evidence as each other to support such upgrades being applied.

But then again, Kirby is so overhyped that "multiversal" isn't even a thought that'd seem controversial to casual eyes.

Actually, one about those plans for Low 1-C Kirby scaling from Master Hand and Crazy Hand who are 5-D via perceiving 2-B beings as toys?

Infinite speed for Pure Heaets and the Chaos Heart has always been brought up and denied before so I hope y'all have sone good arguments for it.

So what are the arguments for infinite speed? I know they lost that speed when wr changed our void standards and whatnot so what are we using to bump them back again?

The void was stated to be able to destroy everything, including time itself. This means that the void destroyed time as well when it destroyed Sammer Kingdom, and Mario was able to move inside it after time was destroyed. Nothing contradicts it either. So I think infinite speed works.

But Mario didn't have all Pure Hearts when that feat happened, I don't think that's going to happen because of the timeless void standards

Dimentio was going to do the same feat once he got the Chaos Heart as he stated he would've destroyed all worlds and recreate them, heavily implying he will survive the void and recreate it after.

It's because almost every tier 2 has destroyed space and time, thus the whole moving after space and time have been destroyed isn't that much of a infinite space and time feat anymore

I mean, I do want it, it's just that sadly didn't count as infinite speed for alot of franchises

What I meant by this was after the void consumed all, he would have still been able to survive it and move inside it. We already know that the void itself destroys time meaning it has no time within it, thus meaning Dimentio would've survived the void and move inside of it.

I mean, people alsp argue he can scale to Shadow Mario, who's able to freely move between rifts in dimensions or something like that.

But eh. Not quite sure on that.

DatOneWeeb said:
What I meant by this was after the void consumed all, he would have still been able to survive it and move inside it. We already know that the void itself destroys time meaning it has no time within it, thus meaning Dimentio would've survived the void and move inside of it.
Yeah I know, it's just that alot of tier 2 characters from multiple franchises got infinite speed removed because the character destroying time and space and then moving isn't a infinite speed feat because "standards" and whatever, I can sadly ser this happening here

@Fox That sounds just like dimensional travel, not infinite speed

Yeah I'm not 100% sure about Infinite speed getting accepted as cool as that sounds. Also seeing the Bowser reworks being a part of the list for the CRT reminds me that I gotta shift into high gear to get my Bowser profile ready

DatOneWeeb said:
The void was stated to be able to destroy everything, including time itself. This means that the void destroyed time as well when it destroyed Sammer Kingdom, and Mario was able to move inside it after time was destroyed. Nothing contradicts it either. So I think infinite speed works.
I mean... do time based items work in The World of Nothing? Because I think they do. Not to mention a lot of events happened there, which usually requires time (stuff happens in a chronological order, that is to say). Plus, there is a big contradiction in this due to space still existing, as we see gates, roofs, etc still exist, whuch can be bumped into (ergo, interacted with) as well. If space still exists, there is no reason time shouldn't. The Sammer Kingdom was destroyed by a lesser version of the Void, as we see it constantly edge towards it true, prophesied potential throughout the game, and it's only at the end of the game (when Super Dimentio is born) that we actually see the Void start to affect All Worlds at once as foretold. So, there is actually a lot of contractions here.

Feel free to read this, where I spoke in more depth about this issue and the Void itself: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o9VAjA3kXjKRQd3ru_7i_xb9jqNBAbvcPwwGkeNowc8/edit?usp=sharing

Moving in a void that predates time is often considered Infinite speed, but not quite moving in a void that's stated to be timeless. Though, literally merging with a void that erases all time and space; not sure about that one but it varies. The Sammer Kingdom for example is simply an outlier for Base Mario and the others, but the end game of them literally merging with the void could be. Not going to say it will be enough, but it has at least some potential.

@LuckyEmile Those are obvious game mechanics for obvious reasons. Uh...what? Events...happen in there? What does this exactly prove? The only events happen there are the events that of Mr. L and Mario. Nothing in the void shows time visually moving. The gates and little bits of destruction are just there for visual effect as literally everything else is gone and we see nothing. That's notna contradiction, we can't even see the sky. The voids size doesn't change my point, due to Sammer Kingdom being its own timeline, we know the void would've at least been Low 2-C in its size, it's still capable destroying that damage prior to its full size. Most of these "contradictions" aren't even contradictions at all, they're just game mechanics, visual effects, and other stuff.

Let me try to explain again. The Void was stated to destroy all of existence, including time. This would mean the void itself is timeless when you are inside as anything it consumes is timeless. The cast was able to move inside Sammer Kingdom after its destruction, and due to the fact that the void itself is timeless inside, it grants infinite speed. It's an outlier for everyone, but it shouldn't for their Pure Hearts key. And. Super Dimentio was going to destroy all worlds and recreate them now that he has power over the Choas Heart. Which means that once the void consumes everything, Super Dimentio would have to survive it. I've already established why the inside the void is timeless. So these are my reasons.

DatOneWeeb said:
Inb4 Mario goes to 10-C, 9-B via power-ups.
Pretty sure I've actually seen Mario rated as something like 9-A in base, and tier 0 With invincibility power-ups (I won't say where, but you probably already know)

@Soupywolf I heard statements like that too. Especially regarding the Invincibility Star. First heard that from YT comments on Cartoon Fight Club.

The Monty Mole isn't that much stronger than Goombas, and 8-C is an uncontroversial feat for the mooks, so 8-C for the fodder troops is legit. Especially Thwomps and Whomps would obviously scale above that.

It won't be an outlier since they mostly only fight a soon to be 4-A character. However, the fodder enemies have been able to fight other fodder enemies in the remakes of Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. So they should all scale.

Yeah; and I know a lot of people are trying to upgrade them to Tier 4 via taking out Bowser, the 7 Koopalings, and the Fitness trio. But not going that far for obvious reasons. However, I do agree that Goombas, Koopas, Bob-Ombs, moles, ect are all comparable to each other.

Back