• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

Mario looks like he's about to shatter my kneecaps. Also during a recent playthough of Paper Mario I noticed that when Bowser amps himself with the Star Rod not only does he become invulnerable but he also resists pretty much anything you use on him, including sleep manipulation and time stop from the Star Spirits. In fact I tested it out on him when he's depowered after you null his invulnerability and he still remains unaffected by stuff like time stop and sleep, he even has a laughing animation for when they fail on him.

Made a small mistake, while unamped he can be affected by time stop and sleep abilities but it's very rare, but when making himself invulnerable with the Star Rod he 100% cannot be affected by them whatsoever, so a definite resistance for Star Rod Bowser but not so definite for normal Bowser. I already posted a link to this in the last thread, but can I get some thoughts on what I've been working on for Bowsers profile? You can ignore the Koopa Troop and the minions profiles below the Bowser stuff for now.

This looks really good. Though I do ask, are any of these stuff he doesn't have? If so, it would be helpful to list down what should be added.

Dust Collector said:
Mario looks like he's about to shatter my kneecaps. Also during a recent playthough of Paper Mario I noticed that when Bowser amps himself with the Star Rod not only does he become invulnerable but he also resists pretty much anything you use on him, including sleep manipulation and time stop from the Star Spirits. In fact I tested it out on him when he's depowered after you null his invulnerability and he still remains unaffected by stuff like time stop and sleep, he even has a laughing animation for when they fail on him.
I think Mario is going to do so much then shatter knee caps, he'll pulverize us all if he had to!! XD

Also thats some interesting info, Damn I don't remmember Bowser being this overpowered resisting being Za wardoh'd or being Jiggly puffed, Is there gameplay footage of that?

Edit:

"Made a small mistake, while unamped he can be affected by time stop and sleep abilities but it's very rare, but when making himself invulnerable with the Star Rod he 100% cannot be affected by them whatsoever, so a definite resistance for Star Rod Bowser but not so definite for normal Bowser. I already posted a link to this in the last thread,"

Oh... Then again...

DatOneWeeb said:
This looks really good. Though I do ask, are any of these stuff he doesn't have? If so, it would be helpful to list down what should be added.
Yeah there's a lot of stuff he currently doesn't have, tons of new things I found for him both in terms of natural abilities and stuff granted by equipment and power ups but it would take a while to go through and list all the new things his current profile doesn't have.

@Anomalous Unfortunately I've been struggling to find footage of it, hell the only reason I know about it is because earlier today while playing the game I got curious and tried them out. Every video I can find doesn't have whoever's playing trying to use anything other than things like Peach Beam or whatever.

So, anyone played with all the new stuff in Mario Maker 2? I've had a ton of fun with the Master Sword power up, seeing Link going through legions of Mario enemies on an Bowser airship has given me Super Mario Crossover and Super Mario Bros X vibes. I really hope we get more power ups like that, a Power Suit that turns you into Samus, a barrel that turns you into Donkey Kong, all sorts of possibilities.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
So far we all agree with a few things upgrades, abilities, tiering etc?
Seems fine though what about the "Low-2-C" Feats? It will probably be better if it was put on a: "Possibly Low-2-C At peak."

Dust Collector said:
So, anyone played with all the new stuff in Mario Maker 2? I've had a ton of fun with the Master Sword power up, seeing Link going through legions of Mario enemies on an Bowser airship has given me Super Mario Crossover and Super Mario Bros X vibes. I really hope we get more power ups like that, a Power Suit that turns you into Samus, a barrel that turns you into Donkey Kong, all sorts of possibilities.
I did, it's pretty fun so far

If we are giving Bowser more keys, does that mean the same thing for the other characters? If so, we need to figure out what match results from each of the many Marioverse profiles can still be considered valid, if any, and what keys they would apply to.

One thing I will note though is the type 2 self sustenance listed for Bowser. I don't understand the logic applied to it. Even if it does make logical sense realisticily speaking, keep in mind that we are talking about a videogame verse that does not really follow the laws of reality. This is a problem I have in general with this wiki; applying real world logic to verses that don't always follow the laws of reality. Assuming that a character who can create a star is equally capable of destroying not only that star they created, but any star at all for example. While I suppose it does make logical sense, fiction does not always follow real world logic. The only things on this site I'm aware of that take that into account are the Lifting Strength not scaling to Striking Strength like it would in real life and stating that undead or robotic characters have to be explicitly defined to have infinite stamina in their own verse. I suppose that's a topic for another thread, but still, are we sure he doesn't need to eat or drink, ever?

Can we get a look at profile blogs for the other Mario characters?

What I mean is, even if they can create something, how do we know for sure they can destroy it as well and it's not a one way thing if they don't clarify otherwise? Even if they can erase their own creations, how do we know that's not just limited to what they themselves create? Trust me, fiction does not always make sense. I've seen characters who can survive in space but not underwater.

Anyway, can we see how the other Mario characters would be getting changed?

Please do not bring up the creation =/= destruction argument, this has been discussed far too many times. If you want to talk about it, make a seperate thread from here.

I agree with DOW, the creation Vs Destruction thing shouldn't be debated here.

Yes, I myself stated it was best for a separate thread. Can we answer the questions related to King Bowser Koopas type 2 self sustenance and how the other Mario profiles would be changed?

We can't really get a calc for their speed with the Pure Hearts since they don't have any real speed feats to calc, ignoring the possibility for infinite speed the best we can say is that they're more than 820 trillion times the speed of light.

Yeah, can't really calc Pure Hearts speed, but Squirps has another consistent Massively FTL+ speed feat via flying to the edge of the Universe. Another possible back up Infinite speed feat even if vague could come from Zeekeeper however.

Back