• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

LuckyEmile said:
Due to statments such as Tick Tock Clock from Mario 64 being infinite in size according to the guidebook
TTC is infinite in size? That's pretty awesome (And kinda annoying since we were counting on the Power Stars being just 4-A in power as one of the reasons for 4-A base characters lmao, Power Stars creating a realm of infinite size kinda negs that point but we already have plenty of feats), mind posting a scan or linking to a pdf of the guide or somthing?

Yeah the Power Stars were just one of the reason, still have Bowser Juniors and Baby Bowsers feats for the upgrades. Those statements could be hyperbolic, but also doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

What was the reason behind 4-A using Power Stars? Mario and Yoshi fighting Big/King Bob-Omb in SM64(DS) without any Power Stars for themselves?

Okay, yeah, I've heard those sort of arguments before, I think they were even brought up back when the Mario cast was being downgraded from 4-A. I guess that could stand a good chance, especially with other arguments to back it up. Do you think Mouser's bombs and Exor's influence will also be cited?

I think we treat all dream worlds as universe sized without exception so Mousers statement of destroying them with his bombs was regarded as Low 2-C rather than 4-A. Haven't heard about Exors influence, mind elaborating?

Glad to see how the thread is coming along.

I'm currently going through another series I think needs some big revisions, so I probably ain't gonna have as much to contribute.

That series is Scooby-Doo. It's a pain but I wanna do the Great Dane justice.

Dust Collector said:
I think we treat all dream worlds as universe sized without exception so Mousers statement of destroying them with his bombs was regarded as Low 2-C rather than 4-A.
Hmm, I suppose that makes sense for the sake of consistency, yes.

"Glad to see how the thread is coming along", "This thread is indeed coming along nicely"
Yes, it's quite nice progress! I'm glad I can be a part of it.

We are scalling Mario to Power Stars, yes. He can fight Power Stars users in his base in 64, do the same in Galaxy, scale to others who have done the same, fight Power Moon uses which scale to Power Stars, and is comparable to Yoshi who can create Power Moons. Of course ae still have other 4-A feats.

The best feat I've seen for Power Moons is city level, as I never saw the vague quote from Cappy as anything more, but there are indeed several 4-A feats for the base cast.

The issue with that example is you need more of this battery over the other to make them have enough power. Power Moons and Power Stars are equal when it comes to power source as neither are greater fuel for the Odyssey.

Honestly, Power Moons powering up the star is extremely unimpressive feat wise; however, the Power Stars in the Mushroom Kingdom do by lore portray them as being similar to Power Stars. Collecting a Power Star still equates to collecting a Power Moon.

Which is what I'm trying to say, the Power Stars are treated as equally powerful as Power Moons because again, neither powers up the Odyssey more. A bigger battery would have more power than a smaller battery, however in this case they're the same size. I see no reason why they aren't comparable.

And also reading above, I haven't really seen anything regarding Exor's death; I did seem him change the color of the sky and that it opened a portal to Smithy's World. The Clock Tower from Mario 64 seems to use the "Bottomless Pit" more so as a gameplay hazard rather than in depth lore. More like the ones in Mario 3 and less like that one from Dream Team.

However, someone did link this helpful blog. Not everything in it is spot on, but there's still a lot of good stuff to come out of it and is a good blog overall.

Agreed, I've seen this feat being mentioned but I honestly never saw the 4-A feat itself. And yes, that blog is useful. My friend was the one who made that, so I'm sure he'll be okay if we can refer to it.

Wouldn't that just be Wish Granting on behalf of the Royal Stickers? And wishing for Kersti to be brought back to life is more so ressurrection than reality warping, no? Like, I guess wishes can count as reality warping, but the showcase was pretty mundane and Mario didn't do it by his own means... As for the Things, that would prbably be useful to add.

Reality Warping sounds like it required the royal stickers, but wish granting is indeed a sub-power of reality warping.

Im arguing with someone that believes Mario is Outerverse level, because of platonic theory being the "truth" in the mario verse, and that the void was gonna destroy it.

Yeah, apparently because a real world book or whatever was referenced in SPM, along with some other things, some legit do think Mario can reach hyperversal/outerversal.

Clearly wank and all but meh. I usually just try to ignore those claims.

Hmm, I wouldn't ignore such claims, they tend to be pretty interesting. I think considering to learn the arguments well enough so you yourself can use them in a debate (for at least devil's advocate) and then considering how you would refute it to reassure yourself it has no place in an objective database such as VSBW profiles is the best way to go about it, really.

Back