• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

There isn't a given timeframe, but there's no reason for it to be anymore than a day as the entire chapter happened in less than a day. Would still be at least 1.6984125 * 10^13 times FTL. As for Zeekeeper, he does cross all the Dream Worlds in a matter of seconds. Which there are countless dream worlds that are constantly growing in number. And each one is hinted to be infinite in size, so it's either a super un-calculable Massively FTL+ feat or an Infinite speed feat.

8-C Mario fodder sounds great, was hoping Goombas and Koopas weren't stuck at Wall level forever.

There's also a nice lifting strength feat for Boos since in NSMB2 just a small group of them can easily push a massive brick wall (We're talking over 20 feet in height via comparing it to Mario) around and in games like Thousand Year Door Goombella makes special note of their subpar strength so this should also scale to all the fodders lifting strength and replace peak human. Still on the lookout for speed feats to scale them above peak human speed as well.

I was still thinking about the millennium star and its speed feat since it can fly from the center of the universe to Mario's home world. We have a link for it but not a calc

I'll make a blog for this later, but for the Millennium Stars speed I'll use Cals calc for the current accepeted speed rating and assume that the 60 stars required to get to Bowsers galaxy reactor which is located in the centre of the universe is the distance of 2.5 million light years, the average distance between galaxies, times by 60 for a total distance of 150 million light years (Cal got 130 million light years via this method). This is ignoring the fact that this would be the distance between the Comet Observatories location during SMG and the centre of the universe and not the distance from Mario's planet, and also ignoring the size of the galaxies themselves so consider this a bit of a lowball. It takes the star roughly 15 seconds to go across that distance which gives a speed of around 315 trillion times the speed of light, consistent with the 820 trillion and 76 trillion c calcs we currently use for speed.

I think the low end was used to play it safe, but that was a long time ago and maybe nowadays we could argue for the high end. Could probably get even higher if someone here could be bothered to count every single galaxy, I know that I certainly don't feel like doing it.

Someone could just dump the textures and then coutn them, but no one is going to hack a game for this sort of stuff.

Yeah, their adult selves should be stronger; though ironically not that much stronger since in Partners in Time they still trade blows with the same bosses and villains.

So why do we treat the Wario and Donkey Kong games as their own thing? We treat their apperances in Mario games as a composite key and give them completly different stats for their own games even through it's not like the Wario Land and DKC games take place in their own universe where they've never met or fought with the normal cast or something (Mario even appears at the end of the first Wario Land game which is actually considered the third Mario Land game), so why don't we just have a single key for them where they scale to the normal cast? This also extends to other characters from those games like Shake King, King K. Rool, the other kongs since they're comparable to Wario and Donkey Kong, it's not like it'll throw all the scaling and feats into whack since the only notable feats are a casual Low 5-B+ feat from Wario Land Shake It and a casual 6-B feat from DKC Returns (Or was it Tropical Freeze? Doesn't matter).

No problem and I agree Wario and Donkey Kong share a universe with Mario so I don't see much reason to separate them

I agree that Wario and Donkey Kong are definitely in the same Universe as Mario. As for the scaling, I think it has something to do with a long time ago, we considered Mario profiles just super inconsistent and just gave a lot of characters variable tiers. However, that has since been reconnected due to the existence numerous Tier 4 feats consistent from Mario cast and various bosses. And we recently even made underdog characters like Toadette, Daisy, and Waluigi Tier 4.

There really isn't much reason for characters like Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, or King K Rool to not be on par with some of them at least. And yeah, Wario's Low 5-B feat is also casual, and there is the obvious Low 2-C feat treated as an outlier for sure.

Don't know about "Much higher", but higher as shiny paper mario seems fine.

At most what we use is "far higher", but higher is usually used more, preferably with an actual tier instead if possible.

Back