• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread, Seconda parte.

I was not considering to put "much higher", I assumed he just said it like that to tell the difference in power against Shiny Mario and Base Mario. I usually just put "higher".

Pretty sure it's a hard no given all the stuff it crossovers with.

I mean, unlike the other crossovers it got an entire game on 3DS revolving some elements of it invading Mario's world, sort of like the Rabbids situation, which IIRC was accepted to be taken as canon.

There's apparently some good stuff shown by Dry Bowser but the only footage I found of him is in japanese. I also just noticed that we have a page for Roy but he's not linked on the main verse page and we don't have profiles for Larry and Morton (Yet the Sand Bird has one, bruh).

Foxthefox brought up the Sunshine stuff earlier but that in depth explanation you've made really solidifies the fact that Junior with the paint brush did indeed make those realms so that's an easy 4-A feat to add to the collection. Nice to hear that there's some P&A worthy stuff in Puzzles and Dragons, what kinda abilities does the game showcase?

I'm really glad my arguments are seen as acceptable, I've been very shy about making a CRT over it, so to finally make it public on VSBW is pretty big for me.

Well, basically matching two orbs will allow the user of those orbs to shoot forth a projectile of either Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Energy Projection, Darkness Manipulation or Light Manipulation. Matching a lot will allow for a firework like projectile to be launched. There are also special skills they can carry out without orbs, such as how a Goomba can perform Bash for a more powerful showcase of Energy Projection. There is also some switching orbs around and such, which I guess is Transmutation. It's been a while since I've worked on it due to other things getting in the way, but it definitely has a lot of cool stuff. Footage I've seen on YouTube makes it very unclear what's happening, so playing the game first hand really helped.

EDIT: I tried to record my data on Google Docs if it interested you. I didn't get too far into the game.

I played the game a little bit, basically some of the "orbs" that are very remisnicent of the original ones in Puzzle and Dragons got around the whole place, and to fix the mess Mario has to travel to Bowser, handling the orbs in the environment to perform actions (the main mechanic of the game) to defeat the opponents on his way, alongside any allies he makes on the way.

I don't remember it well, but the above is close enought for our purposes.

And I'm sure the Mario wiki has a page on the game, "Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition"

Each party member for the team also holds an special ability Pokémon style IIRC, so even more of a reason to do research.

That's great to see another 4-A feat, I'll take a closer look once I get home. The CRT is gonna be bigger than I thought, I was originally just gonna make a 4-A upgrade thread.

I'm fine if someone else makes it, but if so then it's best we discuss what will be on it to make sure we're on the same page as I don't know when I will be making it if no one wants to.

For the CTR:

1.4-A upgrades and possibly higher and low-2c feats

2 Bowser Cleanup via Bowser from @DustCollector (Possible Mario Cleanup)

3.Bowser jr. Shadow Mario feats

4.Possible Infinite speed via Pure and Chaos_hearts

5.(This is mine) possible resistance to Fate_Manipulation The Light Prognosticus foretold that the four Heroes of Light would gather together and use the Pure Hearts to defeat The Dark One. The Dark Prognosticus foretold that the hero of prophecy and all others would be stopped by the Green One joining The Dark One, cementing the end of all worlds. These imbalances messed with the wheels of destiny. And Fate_Manipulation is via Gentle Pull which watches over mario and his loved one which rosalina said it would prevail against evil forces of Bowser who was gonna take over the universe. (But this is just my opinion)

6. Strong 2-B via atoms and sentient cells can dream

5. Muh Tippi doesn't believe in fate! Hmm, I'm pretty sure "the Gentle Pull"/desire to be reunited with someone important to you is already undergoing a CRT with that very conclusion going on. We're just waiting for an interview to be provided with some extra info before passing it. (EDIT: Never mind, the page already has the ability on it anyway. Though, maybe reassess how you view it, since love isn't a requirement at all!)

EDIT: N-No paint theory for you...

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Paint Theory?
It's an idea set up which looks to several games throughout the franchise to come to a conclusion that sounds very similar to the "atoms and sentient cells can dream" statement NotAMarioFan(lol) made. The idea is that in games such as BS Super Mario Bros USA, Mario Party 5 and Dream Team Bros, it is heavily implied or explicitly stated that dreams exist as their own universes. This means anyone who can dream can create a universe. As we see Petey Piranha sleeping in Super Mario Sunshine, a creation of the paint brush (as Pianta says he isn't natural, and it's also stated Junior painted him into existence in the Super Mario Encyclopedia), sleeping, this means paint can sleep, and thus theoretically dream. Paper Mario Colour Splash goes on to say anything with colour is made up of some portion of Black Paint, meaning basically everything that has colour can dream, and thus create universes. Due to statments such as Tick Tock Clock from Mario 64 being infinite in size according to the guidebook, or space being infinite in Super Paper Mario, this is seen as there being infinite colour, and thus infinite universes. Due to nothing implying the inhabitants of Subcon can't dream, as well as Subcon having colour, it is implied the dream universes can create dream universes, something backed up by Antasma causing Mario to dream inside a dream in his final battle in Dream Team Bros. As such, a rabbit hole effect has been proposed, and thus infinite dream worlds are creating infinite layers of infinite dream worlds. I've even seen this being tied to something akin to dimensional tiering to reach tier 1 before.

Perhaps due to being a stretch by using disconnected scenes, or perhaps due to just not sitting well, every time it has been proposed on this wiki it has been rejected, and to be honest I can see why. So... I can't see anything changing this time, but it's still a fun idea, I guess.

Okay, I don't agree with stacking infinite color to make 2-A; for one, empty space isn't really color. Also, black or while depending on which color category is the absence of color. I know for computer color it's black, and for paint I believe; white is considered the absence of color.

However, there are roughly 10^79 to 10^82 particles in the universe. So it could be said that's how many universes are being born every day for each and every currently existing universe. And the rate it expands is also accelerating.

Nah, 2-A Mario is legit ovo...jokes aside it would be funny if that were real. However it is actually a lot higher than that due to games like Super Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario having seperate universes which adds those as well.

I did say for every currently existing universe. Day one, 10^79 universes were born, Day two, 10^79 * 10^79 or 10^158 universes are born. Day three, 10^237 universes were born, and the list goes on. Always constantly approaching infinity. It can be theorized that even some of the alternate universes from Super Paper Mario were originally dreams before they were universes. But even other Dream worlds are also giving birth to more dream worlds is still something of great note.

Then yeah, this is at the very least pretty high in 2-B, enought to AP stomp Pokémon 2-Bs and arguably DB 2-Bs.

If only the cast had conceptual hax at this point so it doesn't go to waste.

Back