• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were a Varies tier wouldn't it be from his lower feats to his higher? Since it's acknowledging that he's often weaker, it would be strange to not acknowledge his lower points and disregard them.

If it were a Varies tier wouldn't it be from his lower feats to his higher? Since it's acknowledging that he's often weaker, it would be strange to not acknowledge his lower points and disregard them.
That's because he isn't often weaker. There's too many 4-A and Low 2-C feats, and a lot of the lower end feats are AoE fallacies.

Also the fact much of his lower end feats are like this for every game character, which is what we have game mechanics for

What is your problem with the Power Star scaling? And how do you view the Wario World feat personally? (It's okay if it's more akin to your headcanon, I'm just curious as to what your doubts/interpretations entail).
-The power stars are the same thing that was already said in the whole thread, Mario that is equaled to normal bowser would be equaled with the Grand Stars bowser, which I do not find sense
Also, the super mario galaxy fight is based on throwing meteorites in his face not hitting him, which could mean that Mario normally could not hurt him (although the latter is probably a headcanon of mine

-The first part of the fight against the gem is to free the Spritelings from the crystals to attack the gem until it leaves him confused, and there Wario just attacked, my headcanon is that it could be that those Spritelings weakened the black jewel (that I know it was they that sealed it in the beginning)
Also, although I do not think it affects the feat at all, it seems strange to me: in the initial scene, when making the "parallel world" we see remains of the castle in the cinematic (although they no longer appear later in the gameplay) these remains are basically supporting a universal power.

sorry if it is not understood, I use google translator to communicate here

Also the fact much of his lower end feats are like this for every game character, which is what we have game mechanics for
I'm not referring to his gameplay feats, but I recall Mario in-story is vastly inconsistent, as low as around Tier 7 in some games iirc like people have mentioned. If he gets a Variable tier it would be misleading to not include his full range.

Is it fine if we please slow down this discussion significantly to wait for input from some of the staff members that I called?

Yea

Important notes​

• Both supporters and detractors, please approach this more civilly than the last thread. Nothing can get done if this is turned into a mud slinging contest.
  • This thread will be taking a different approach and using straightforward, already accepted feats in an attempt to be concise as possible.
  • To supporters, please avoid whataboutisms. Not only are comparisons to other Verses almost never 1-to-1 but they almost always lead to “X character is just wanked!” derailing.
I realized the 4-A rating of Mario (who has appeared in over 250 games) is based on a total of 3 feats: Power Stars, King Boo, and Brobot.

So if this is the case, what makes Low 2-C an outlier?

Black Jewel

The Black Jewel has Low 2-C Attack Potency and Durability for creating a parallel universe, which collapses upon its defeat, implying it was sustaining it. Wario could harm and tank hits from it, as well as tank the parallel universe’s collapse.

Grand Stars
The Grand Stars are rated as Low 2-C power sources as one served as the power source for the Galaxy Reactor, a mechanism that could collapse and recreate the universe:

Based on a key on Bowser’s profile being amplified by a Grand Star bestows Low 2-C AP and Dura:

Even if you don’t want to scale Mario to a Grand Star-empowered Bowser, he has defeated other enemies empowered by Grand Stars (Bowser Junior, Gobblegut, King Kaliente, ect), which would make said enemies Low 2-C for the same logic Bowser is.

This scaling essentially operates under the same logic of us scaling Mario to Power Stars.

The Sammer Kingdom feat​

In SPM, Mario and his party withstand the incomplete Void, which destroys the dimension of Sammer’s Kingdom.

The Void destroys space-time, and Mario’s party were still in the universe as it was being destroyed.

- "At the 30th gate, The Void will reach its mature state and destroy the kingdom of the Sammer Guys-with you still in it."

My Point​

• Based on the logic we already use for the profiles, a Low 2-C rating doesn’t seem out of the question.
  • If three feats can warrant 4-A, why can’t three feats warrant Low 2-C?
What do you think?

Yeah, I wanted it, hurrah!

Is it fine if we please slow down this discussion significantly to wait for input from some of the staff members that I called?
Even if I agree, it is wise to wait for the topic to be completely and utterly analyzed. There is always a chance something can come up to change the entirety of the thread.

Believe me, I got experience on that. ovo

Having a variable from 4-A to Low 2-C actually IMO sounds like a reasonable compromise; On one hand, Mario has consistent feats to be Low 2-C, and all 7 Star Children should be just as strong; this includes Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. But Tier 2 seems a bit stretchy if the side kicks and miniboss type characters scale despite regularly being punching bags but sort of keep up with Mario and Bowser from time to time. This includes Toad, Waluigi, or Pom Pom and the like which is why I still support Tier 4 as some kind of low end at least.

But I'll explain and go over the various feats in greater detail after I take care of RL stuff + check other notices.

But Tier 2 seems a bit stretchy if the side kicks and miniboss type characters scale despite regularly being punching bags but sort of keep up with Mario and Bowser from time to time.
I'd beg to differ. In the mainlines, the majority of bosses are either amped by Kamek's magic naturally, are amped by some type of item, or are the Koopalings. Sure, games like Sunshine or New Soup DS has ones that aren't, although generally there are no implications Mario's defeated them on his own with ease.

In the case of the RPGs, as far as I'm aware, there aren't exactly much giving off the implications that various bosses were complete fodder. If anything, there have been times where the cast struggled, but eventually won. Things like Mario's partners naturally scale due to fighting the same enemies as Mario + Mario himself.

There is no stress. Thank you for helping out Medeus.

What about this?

For the Star Children/Anyone who is basically equal to them:

Varies from Multi-Solar System level to Universe level+

Everyone else who possibly scales:

Varies from Multi-Solar System level to possibly/at most Universe level+

well to be fair, many enemies that give mario trouble are usually powered either by kamek's magic or some magic place, or by the super stars themselves so I don't see much disorder in the scale.

We don't let characters use tiers that are in the between of their varies rating to begin with on vs threads

In that case it should be 4-A, Likely Low 2-C, because I don't think there are as many feats between those two tiers (unless that's not how variables work).

Varies from 4-A to Low 2-C allows High 3-A to be a tier Mario is in
I don’t think that’s allowed.

Even if a character has the potential to reach a certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vs thread with a tier between High 7-A and 2-A or Unknown and 2-A depending on the used key. - Versus Thread Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back