• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know how Kirby scaling works, but if it's without reason like this, then Kirby scaling is weird too.
What, having separate keys for when notable increases in stats or abilities occur?

Which is the whole point of having separate keys?
That's not how Mario scaling works. Dunno why you made this hypothetical.
I used the Volcarona feat as reference for a similar feat to show how much Mario changes between Donkey Kong Arcade and Super Mario World, which is a similar, if not shorter timeframe than Super Paper Mario to Origami King, on top of again, not having any form of leveling up between games
Anyhow, this debate, again, is worthless if you don't address the sun thing.
I still don't see the issue. The plot of the game treats it as being the sun proper
Off-topic, but Baby Mario throws a wrench in that idea.
Eh, hardly. The only time Baby Mario really does anything of note in the Yoshi series is under the effects of the Starman, and stuff from side games can be excused as some time travel bullshit

Also, Cranky Kong is still Building Level, so if we're really holding the time travel to standard, we need to fix that

Last edited:
What, having separate keys for when notable increases in stats or abilities occur?

Which is the whole point of having separate keys?
Yup, notable increases. There's nothing that implies Mario's stats increased between Color Splash and Origami King.

What's not? Characters from the end of an explicitly clear timeline having higher stats than characters earlier in the timeline is exactly how scaling usually works.

I used the Volcarona feat as reference for how much Mario changes between Donkey Kong Arcade and Super Mario World, which is a similar, if not smaller timeframe as Super Paper Mario to Origami King, again, without any form of levelling up between games
Yeah, but that's not how the wiki currently scales Mario, or quite a lot of works, for that matter. It generally just gives the characters one tier per form or explicitly uniquely tiered time period.

I still don't see the issue. The plot of the game treats it as being the sun proper
The animation doesn't, the characters treat it as (or at least acknowledge it in a way that can be interpreted as them treating it) a feature of the desert, and the Sun is literally there outside of the desert.

Should also apply to his lifting strength being uni
Not just his ap
Whose?

Yup, notable increases. There's nothing that implies Mario's stats increased between Color Splash and Origami King.
The fact he is facing opponents with stronger feats implies his stats increased. And again, the current island level stats are from pre-Paper Mario 64 because the wiki refuses to acknowledge that both Paper and 3D Mario have better shit since then
Yeah, but that's not how the wiki currently scales Mario, or quite a lot of works, for that matter. It generally just gives the characters one tier per form or explicitly uniquely tiered time period.
Okay? And that's an issue with the wiki, not with Mario.

Last edited:
Back