• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out Medeus.

Would "Variable. 6-B at minimum. 4-A on average. Low 2-C at maximum." be acceptable, in lack of better options?
The 6-B feats first will need to be shown, I am not a Mario expert but none of Mario profiles that I am seeing have it

I don't think variable is a good way of going about this.

Even ignoring how the lowest-end hasn't really been properly thought through, as we have, as a site, only looked at their higher showings, the tier 4 end would have to go, since most of the feats for it would scale to tier 2 if this is accepted. That's not even a thing of "portrayal" it's just interpretation over what exactly those feats are.

The 6-B feat comed from DKC DK punching a moon out of the sky, 7 Teratons or so if I recall, a version of DK that scales to apsolutely nobody but DC and Co.

I agree with the feats listed in the OP. The question is how this is displayed on the profiles - i.e. whether this is a solid Low 2-C, a likely or a possibly. Leaving the scaling to a separate thread when we've already got 60+ members following this one doesn't seem like a good idea.

Note that there's also an ongoing thread for Low 2-C power stars here. If that is accepted, it will greatly improve the Low 2-C consistency by adding 1-2 more feats on this level.

The 6-B feat comed from DKC DK punching a moon out of the sky, 7 Teratons or so if I recall, a version of DK that scales to apsolutely nobody but DC and Co.
DKC DK shouldn't be treated as separate from regular DK, but that's a topic for another thread.

There was many things happen while I was sleeping, Anyway I am in argument with vaires tier, not only it us solve scaling problems but it is also support it by the statement that Mario characters are 'actors' that play difrent roles. Of course in Actor power will be vaires between difrence roles he takes
IDK what Mario low end will end up be but it should be either 6B or 7B
Anyway I guess we really should also wait for the Power Star CRT

Christ I slept through all that?

Anyway, i disagree with about 2/3rds of this thread. Feats involving destruction and creation of parallel universes and universes are considered 3-A by default, and require explicit mention of space-time/past present and future to count. We've had a whole thread about that.
The 3rd feat is legit, but i don't know how i feel about Wario being treated as if he tanked the thing, but it doesn't really matter. Put me in neutral.
(Confusion) So the feats would actually be 3-A by our standards then?

I assume they mean Black Jewel's feat is legit?

Destruction via the chaos heart void has an explicit mention of destroying space-time, and the supermassive black hole is accepted as being Low 2-C rather than 3-A for destroying the "fabric of the universe".

Thank you for helping out Gyro.

Btw: I thought that Mario has a 6-B castle-punting feat as well.

destruction and creation of parallel universes and universes are considered 3-A by defaut
Creation of a universe that is parallel to a space-time should be low 2-C. Destruction requires more context but I think all these feats have said context.

Edit: I don't mind a varies based on those WoG's but we'd have to come up with different consistent ends, which seems a little beyond the purpose of this thread if you ask me.

Last edited:
Tbf I suppose it’s a rather big upgrade to a wildly popular franchise that proved pretty controversial last time. Our Staff want to handle this carefully.

(Confusion) So the feats would actually be 3-A by our standards then?
At least the first 2, the 3rd one is Low 2-C
Creation of a universe that is parallel to a space-time should be low 2-C. Destruction requires more context but I think all these feats have said
That was literally part of that thread lol. Got any evidence that it's parallel to space-time, and not just another physical universe within space-time?

Although I am a normal user,
And the votes in disagreement no longer matter (because there are more than 60 "agree" and there is no way that the "disagreements" reach them) I vote in disagreement.

No, I followed the whole thread while they did it, I had disagreed for a long time.
However, I'm not very good at arguing, so I wrote almost nothing up to this point (I was the one who published Wario's translation, other than that I didn't do anything else).
-I don't really believe in powe star scaling.
-I'm not sure how valid the Wario World feat is, (Although my way of seeing the feat is probably headcanon).
-And how does vs battles wiki treat Paper Mario? I see it as different characters, so I don't think the feat "The Sammer Kingdom" is usable for normal Mario.

...are you serious? You got 10+ STAFF AGREEMENTS and you still call others?

No offense, but this is seriously reaching.
I want to make certain. This has been a very controversial topic in the past.

A variable tier seems like the safest solution, although we would have to decide how to structure it.

Which staff members agree so far?

A variable tier seems like the safest solution, although we would have to decide how to structure it.

Which staff members agree so far?
Agreement: Maverick Zero X, Pink999999, Oleggator, Gabs22_Gamer, TyranoDoom30, Starsprite53, Bernkastelll, Ned_the_outer_god, QuasiYuri, Rtxthegamer, ElixirBlue, Lord_JJJ, MikeBro25, DaRepearMan, Foxthefox1000, Mozzada, AmiEXE, Psychomaster35, FoxySonicMaster, LuckyEmile, Da_Lunge_Fish, Jared1111, Fastestthingalive50, liluzivert, GreenShifter, deonment, MikeBro25, InfiniteDay, DatOneWeeb, TheQuirkyBoy, Ari64-SP, Bobsican, XSOULOFCINDERX, ShakeResounding, I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die, y3p_owo, sanicspood, TUHTPeaSkull12, MrWarnerTheGreat, SMASHssf2, LephyrTheRevanchist, Maskofthedragon, Adem_Warlock69, Zencha9, Yakushimi, GojiBoyForever, Roachman40, Cyberblader90, VileShadows, Orange, Niarobi_(Formerly_Hadou), Gewsbumpz_dude, Gilad_Hyperstar, Bruhtelho, ProfessorKukui4Life, Hunterzilla, NotAMarioFan(lol) (57)

Staff Agreement: The_Wright_Way, GyroNutz, Migue79, KieranH10, JustSomeWeirdo, The_real_cal_howard (6)

Neutral: (0)

Disagreement: Matthew_Schroeder (1)

Staff Disagreement: Eficiente (1)

Tally: 63-0-2
This + GyroNuts who is in agreement too

I don't think this is really that controversial now with this many agreements. And a variable for 3+ tiers really isn't needed, there's already enough Low 2-C and 4-A feats anyway, and after the power star thread and the new thread, even 4-A could be removed and it'll just be a flat Low 2-C at that point.

In my opinion, if the power star thread is also accepted, then Mario and anyone who scales to him should get a flat Low 2-C rating. Otherwise there's as many 4-A feats as there are Low 2-C, with additional supporting tier 4 feats, so a "At least 4-A, likely Low 2-C" rating would make sense then.

Sparkive's disagreement seems like headcanon to me, though there's still overwhelming support for the Low 2-C side.

EDIT: I also want to say that a variable tier should be avoided, and only used when a character explicitly varies in power rather than simply having low and high showings. Mario fits the latter.

I mean, if they were separate characters, Paper Mario shouldn't use Mario's normal feats, and in that case maybe we could say that The Sammer Kingdom's feat is an outlier.

No, I followed the whole thread while they did it, I had disagreed for a long time.
[...]
-I don't really believe in powe star scaling.
-I'm not sure how valid the Wario World feat is, (Although my way of seeing the feat is probably headcanon).
What is your problem with the Power Star scaling? And how do you view the Wario World feat personally? (It's okay if it's more akin to your headcanon, I'm just curious as to what your doubts/interpretations entail).

I mean, if they were separate characters, Paper Mario shouldn't use Mario's normal feats, and in that case maybe we could say that The Sammer Kingdom's feat is an outlier.
Like I said, even if they were separate characters, Paper Mario would scale to Mario and vice versa, so Paper Mario would be comparable to someone with his own tier 2 feats + scaling. But they're not, so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back