• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Star Children aren't the "Only" characters; I think nearly all main villains and the like and especially characters who have their own Tier 2 feats, and even ones who possibly scale from characters Tier 2 outright can stay. Dimentio for example is perfectly allowed to keep his possibly/likely Low 2-C since there's some hints of having a durability feat too. Other bosses that are otherwise thought to be equal if not superior to base Mario can also receive the likely Low 2-C such as the Shadow Queen, Cackletta, Antasima, and many others. It's just characters who are easily beaten by Mario whom are a bit iffy. Toad is less of an issue and honestly do not mind it, but it's just that he can be inconsistent at times.

Also, everyone should have had an "At least" added before the 4-A ratings as Antvasima said above. And we can continue the discussion for Low 2-C power stars after that yeah.

So can we close this thread, continue with the others, and after those I can make a discussion for how scaling goes and how I personally view it (because I have some statements and such having implications on whom can scale or not).

So what do we still need to do here? Should I unlock any pages for you? If so, please list their EXACT page titles, so my automated script can handle it.

Also, did you remember to add a Tier 2 category at the bottoms of the relevant pages?

So what do we still need to do here? Should I unlock any pages for you? If so, please list their EXACT page titles, so my automated script can handle it.

Also, did you remember to add a Tier 2 category at the bottoms of the relevant pages?
Unlock donkey kong profile, mav forgot to add low 2-C in tier section for his power star key

To be honest, I feel that with these ratings will backfire on the verse as there's something we may be overlooking. I can't find an objective way to explain this at the moment but I don't feel comfortable with this. It doesn't feel consistent.

To be honest, I feel that with these ratings will backfire on the verse as there's something we may be overlooking. I can't find an objective way to explain this at the moment but I don't feel comfortable with this.
Huh? This isn't a counterargument. But everything has already been applied either way.

Fine then. I feel most of the characters just aren't consistent enough to warrant this and I rather not have every character scaled to this for just being a final boss or being playable without feats of their own. We can't just mindlessly make Shadow Queen or Toad universal for these reasons.

Fine then. The characters just aren't consistent enough to warrant this and I rather not have every character scaled to this for just being a final boss or being playable without feats of their own.
3 feats already and 4 added from the power star thread isn't enough? Neither are the other plentiful Low 2-C feats? Toad being universal isn't a counterargument, what you need to do is explain how he cannot be universal. There are toads that are completely playable and scale to Mario, while others are just npcs. Shadow Queen too should naturally scale. Just prove that it can't scale with actual points.

Last edited:
Fine then. I feel most of the characters just aren't consistent enough to warrant this and I rather not have every character scaled to this for just being a final boss or being playable without feats of their own. We can't just mindlessly make Shadow Queen or Toad universal for these reasons.
How Shadow Queen don't deserve a Low 2C rating? she IS a possessed Peach and Mario had need a help and an amp to take here down
Most finale bosses in Mario gamea are saimilar to that

This is exactly what why I'm uncomfortable with this, people like you are now going to mindlessly make some characters Low-2-C just for being involved with one with others who are involved with the rating when the major argument for it in the first place is consistency. Much like the characters themselves, the antagonists throughout the franchise varies in power. Just simply receiving an amp to beat her or being final boss does not justify her being Low 2-C. Much like Dimentio, if she's going to receive a Low 2-C rating, she needs a feat or in-lore reason of her own. If this is how things are going to be, then I'm against the rating completely.

This is argument from belief, Dino. Scaling exists, literally no reason why the Shadow Queen can't scale when she overpowered Mario, and was immune to his attacks before. Toad has fought Bowser, the Koopalings, and others in the main series.

It's not mindless when we literally have reasoning to do so, why should we make them ANY tier by this exact logic, this isn't tier 2 only. Scaling is a thing, and nothing is contradicting their tier. If you feel as if we need more feats, there are upcoming threads going to add more.

This is exactly what why I'm uncomfortable with this, people like you are now going to mindlessly make some characters Low-2-C just for being involved with one with others who are involved with the rating when the major argument for it in the first place is consistency. Much like the characters themselves, the antagonists throughout the franchise varies in power. Just simply receiving an amp to beat her or being final boss does not justify her being Low 2-C. Much like Dimentio, if she's going to receive a Low 2-C rating, she needs a feat or in-lore reason of her own. If this is how things are going to be, then I'm against the rating completely.
Most of the antagonists just scale to Mario? No they don't vary through power when scaling is a tool that is used in every verse. At this point it seems like you're grasping straws. Give people actual reasons instead of sharing your personal feelings and headcannon for the games. We have way more Low 2-C feats to discuss about in a newer thread anyway.

I genuinely do not understand why "oh they just very in power, so they can't scale" is used when either they're amped by characters who consistently fight Mario, or in-lore are a threat to him.

Your literally saying "Hmm, this character can hurt a Universal being, but I don't think he should be Universal cuz I don't want to"

Unlock donkey kong profile, mav forgot to add low 2-C in tier section for his power star key
I need the EXACT titles for ALL the pages that need to be unlocked in order for my script to be able to handle it.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back