• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Light Fang REVISITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally done think it contradicts itself because I think it says since it is light speed it is unavoidable not that it is literally an unavoidable attack (if not it would not move in a straight line).

"This attack is unavoidable because it travels at the speed of light" actually has worse implications, since someone dodging it would disprove it having the speed of light to begin with.

Reppuzan said:
The idea that Storm Release creates lightspeed beams is also weak at best. We already have attacks like Storm Release: Laser Circus, and those clearly aren't lasers since they bend and undulate.
But unlike Light fang:

1. It was not used by a SO6P user which is stated to make things natural.

2. It was never stated bby the literaly guide book to be light speed.

Since neither side seems to be backing down I still suggest possibly relativistic but only after a proper calc is done, preferably by a calc group member who does not know anything about naruto

Kepekley23 said:
I personally done think it contradicts itself because I think it says since it is light speed it is unavoidable not that it is literally an unavoidable attack (if not it would not move in a straight line)."This attack is unavoidable because it travels at the speed of light" actually has worse implications, since someone dodging it would disprove it having the speed of light to begin with.
Unless if said person is faster than said attack at a distance. Relavistic Naruto still does not have him being faster than the light fang, he is after all only 16% of its speed. Multiple attacks are stated as undodgeable for multiple reasons in multiple verses. This is not a first.

Shadowbokunohero said:
is there any way to cal the attack without the assumption that it's lightspeed
You can do lightning, but that is almost as assumptive as the light and wouldn't give any decent results.

This is pretty much just an interpretation war. I don't know how much farther we can take this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Reppuzan and Kep refuted it being Lightspeed completely, making the whole feat 100% unquantifiable.
As far as I know Kep has not said it is not light speed only that Naruto never dodged it.

@Shadow

Because other Storm Release techniques are called "lasers" but clearly don't act like lasers.

Remove the self-contradictory databook entry and there is nothing to support its speed other than attack names that don't know how to choose between lightning speed and lightspeed and "SO6P is natural energy" arguments that ignore the other Storm Release jutsus

Reppuzan said:
@Shadow
Because other Storm Release techniques are called "lasers" but clearly don't act like lasers.
Which is explained by a simple: Other people who use it dont have SO6P chakra.

many many other feats have been accepted as lightspeed under far less evidence, Lightspeed Jutsu's aren't an issue, everyone is discrediting the Jutsu's speed on the assumption that Naruto dodged it.

Kepekley23 said:
Remove the self-contradictory databook entry and there is nothing to support its speed other than attack names that don't know how to choose between lightning speed and lightspeed and "SO6P is natural energy" arguments that ignore the other Storm Release jutsus
I thought you believed Naruto did not dodge it....

Unless if said person is faster than said attack at a distance. Relavistic Naruto still does not have him being faster than the light fang, he is after all only 16% of its speed. Multiple attacks are stated as undodgeable for multiple reasons in multiple verses. This is not a first.

Except that's not remotely what the databook entry implies.

It outright states dodging even one swing of Light Fang is impossible, which was proven wrong by the manga itself.

also, you can create completely new Jutsu style's using pre-existing Styles

• Acts like Light
  • Has Light in the name
  • And has stated to move at the speed of light?
what more proof do we need?

• Naruto dodging it discredits everything?
No, it doesn't, I'm pretty sure we don't even know if Naruto dodged it, something many of you agreed with in the first place, something i agreed wasnt the case either

Okay then, according to you Naruto did not dodge then what is the problen with it being light speed. The very image you linked has some many light speed, speed of light statements that it is like it wants you to know that it is light speed.

If u take everything word by word in the databook u need to give him durability ignoring as it is stated to cut anything in its path

Exactly sounds stupid doesnt it

same as how *Impossible* to dodge is added as to show it being really fast and not to be taken literally

If impossible to dodge is not to be taken literallly, why is "speed of light" meant to be? Speed of light is a popular Japanese idiom

Maybe because it has been highlighted literally:

beam of light has an underline on it.

so does speed of light.

Then compared to impossible which was not.

It is a popular idiom the world over.

I'm quite fine with dura ignore though, since virtually every jutsu already does it.

Because there is nothing to be assumed about speed of light its a constant imposibility is something that can always be questioned and it is never truly imposibble unless its infinite

We use that a lot impossible to do this or the other does not mean literally impossible. Hell when something happens that you can not believe in anime the character yells impossible.

Kepekley23 said:
If impossible to dodge is not to be taken literallly, why is "speed of light" meant to be? Speed of light is a popular Japanese idiom
Because "impossible" is a NLF overstatement. Speed of light is a specific, scientific speed. There is a difference there.

Arguments for Lightspeed

1) Databook says it's lightspeed.

Arguments against Lightspeed
1) Databook says that "it's impossible to dodge as it shoots out at the speed of light", but it's clearly dodged, meaning that whole clause is debunked.

2) Other Storm Release techniques have been called lasers but don't act like lasers, displaying none of the properties of light outlined under our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats.

The "move being ubdodgeable" stuff is literally the weakest form of a rebuttal you can bring forth in a discussion since its obviously not true regardless of feats or not. Many, and I mean many, verses have the exact same "undodgeable" hype that cant be taken literally clearly or else we would have NLF all over the place for everyone.

It has absolutely 0 thing to do with the move itself, or else we need to go downgrade every single move here on this site that go by the samw flowerly hype of being undodgeable too.

Acts like Light

So did the Star Wars lasers, and they were only upgraded to lightspeed after several statements were found suggesting such a speed.

Has Light in the name

It also has Storm Release in its name.

And has stated to move at the speed of light?

Under the same enry that states it is impossible to dodge.

Not only does the data book say it is light speed it calls it a beam of light and underlines both lines then for the impossible bit which is obviously a play on how fast it is.

And again other sotrm release moves are not stated to be light speed or even enhanced with SO6P chakra.

@Kukui

Storm Release techniques still display none of he properties required for a laser to be considered a legitimate lightspeed laser.

Therefore we can't accept it as lightspeed.

Not only does the data book say it is light speed it calls it a beam of light and underlines both lines then for the impossible bit which is obviously a play on how fast it is.

The original databook scan does not underline these words.

@Rocker

Where is it ever said that Sage of Six Paths chakra suddenly changes the signature properties of a release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back