• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Light Fang REVISITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok only for the Sub-Relativistic Sage Madara feat, that should be not ignored and downgraded.

anyway, as someone who has read Naruto since 2006 and have all 72 volumes including some of the Databooks I am to going to disagree with Relativistic Naruto based on what I said earlier

"My biggest problem with Lightfang is that the way it's portrayed in Manga makes it extremely vague and open to interpretation, also I'm not sure why but Kishi in this instance completely ignored the three-step rule of motion in Manga, which is pretty stupid of him if he intended this to be a feat"

You have to be joking me. We get a calc for it and yet we still have people that are saying "it isn't light" and "he may have aim dodged."

1. It is called light fang. It looks like light. It is made with energy that produces natural phenomena, and should be natural. We ALREADY accept the lightning in the verse as real. What more do you want? Naruto to hold up a mirror to reflect it? Someone to narrate about the UV properties of the light?

2. How do you aim dodge something that is fired from the mouth? He doesn't even open his mouth to roar or anything; Naruto doesn't know this technique and the use of it is not easy to notice. Madara doesn't hold up a gun, he looks at Naruto and somewhat presses his lips together. If Naruto predicts that doing that is an attack and he needs to dodge we may as well slap on super-genius level intellect.

Kepekley23 said:
If you actually want to use names for evidence:
Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang
And turns out it is a paticular move where it moves at the speed of light. Just like water release water wave is a wave of water.

Kepekley23 said:
If you actually want to use names for evidence:

Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang
Doesn't a dust release atomize things? And the fact that it is called "Light Fang" over "Lightning Fang," when the latter sounds better imo and is more consistent, is telling to me.

'Also, people are acting like this is the end of the world when the god-tiers would just be downgraded back to Sub-Rel

Minato's feat is still legitimate and they scale. People need to stop acting like a downgrade is the end of the world.

The Everlasting said:
Assalt, names are not evidence or Android Saga Vegeta is Universal.
Names aren't evidence if the shown feat contradicts the name. I'm not pushing for Divinity's Supernova to be High 4-C or Vegeta's Big Bang Attack to be Low 2-C. Clearly they aren't, but when nothing contradicts the name and the attack his the properties of the name, how far are we willing to go to try and debunk it when it would make more sense that it really is light?

So, let me say this....

@Those who think Naruto dodged the Headswing

We have 1 panel to scale from. You guys think because Madara's head is turned and the TSB is cut, etc. That Madara must have swung his head trying to cut Naruto. This is but one possible outcome out of two.

I did an experiment and found that another possibility Exists. For those who can try it, its very quick.

• Fill your mouth with water, not a lot, spit the water out directly in front of you in a stream, and then turn your head, mimicking Madara, as if you're trying to cut someone. What you find is that it is as equally plausible that Madara shot LF first, then turned his head in an attempt to cut Naruto as he dodged, as it is Madara simply swinging to cut.
Therefore, both arguments are equal, neither can disprove the other, it's subjective in this case. That is if we're not taking context into account. I'll discuss the contextual part on my lunch break.

I dont think we are acting like it is the end of the world. More like so this is something that happened, we believe it happened but people apparently say no. The feat itself is not the issue.

LordWhis said:
@assalt:

It turns things into dust
It destroys molecules. That is far more than dusting something. Turning something to dust is inferior to vaporization, which in turn is inferior to atomization.

LordWhis said:
I just realized that current Vegeta's big bang attack is now an actual big bang LOL
Stop. Do not put words in my mouth and make this thread toxic. We already had to make another one.

@assalt: Now you are just being pedantic (about dust release)

A possibly relativistic seems like the most acceptable idea.

Stop. Do not put words in my mouth and make this thread toxic. We already had to make another one.

Because current vegeta is actually low 2-c, that's the joke LOL.

LordWhis said:
@assalt: Now you are just being pedantic (about dust release)
I'm being pedantic because this stuff matters. You argument for Dust Release dusting something relied on the target being pulverized, not atomized. Please don't try to play the victim.

Names aren't evidence if the shown feat contradicts the name

Except the Daizenshuu states Vegeta's attack power with the Big Bang Attack is condensed into a certain range, so it's why it only busted a crater.

So, going by your argument, he'd be Low 2-C

I summarize:

• Madara travel to the moon = not accepted
  • Light Fang = not accepted
  • Minato = debate
Awesome, the Best Naruto Upgrade ever

If it is not accepted then :/ nothing else to say I and a bunch of others have said all we can and nothing more can change the minds of Kep and I do respect Kep's opinion on the subject.

I kinda have to agree with Assault here. We literally get a calc that results in a upgrade too and there are still more complaints. What more is needed?

At this point, it just looks more and more of people just wanting to deny the upgrade. And considering I'd never normally pull this card, that tells me something.

Kepekley23 said:
Names aren't evidence if the shown feat contradicts the name

Except the Daizenshuu states Vegeta's attack power with the Big Bang Attack is condensed into a certain range, so it's why it only busted a crater.

So, going by your argument, he'd be Low 2-C
But he clearly isn't that. Being condensed doesn't make the power of the attack Big Bang levels, as it clearly is not. The two don't go together.

Vegeta's Big Bang attack being Low 2-C would be literally two degrees of infinity beyond anything we have ever seen in DBZ. Nothing supports it having the power of the Big Bang.

Madara's Light Fang would be only a couple times over the current power tier, giving Relativistic results. It moves completely straight, gives off light, is made by natural means, AND is called light. There is no reason not to believe it it light; the same cannot be said about Vegeta.

The calc is not wrong Matt it is based on "wrong assumptions" which is debatable depending on whatever side you are on the subject.

The databook contradicts itself because it states Light Fang can't be avoided by anyone in the verse, yet Naruto apparently did it anyway.

The passage is unreliable. People are now arguing attack names and semantics in an attempt to save Light Fang.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Because the calc is wrong, Kukui. Stated by the guy who calced. Those exists.
I could have calced the same, Matt. This is about interpretation and evidence. I could have very easy done it and said "it is correct" and that wouldn't support the validity any more than normal.

Why does this keep popping up...

I'm still firmly against this.

The databook itself says that the attack can't be dodged since it's moving at the speed of light. Lo and behold, it's dodged, therefore rendering that whole statement moot by actual feats in the story.

The idea that Storm Release creates lightspeed beams is also weak at best. We already have attacks like Storm Release: Laser Circus, and those clearly aren't lasers since they bend and undulate.

I personally done think it contradicts itself because I think it says since it is light speed it is unavoidable not that it is literally an unavoidable attack (if not it would not move in a straight line).

Matt, there's a difference between a calcer saying the calc is wrong and the calcer disagreeing with its scaling.

Not one time was it confirmed to be incorrect in this thread or even have a flaw. It's only disagreement with the calc, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back