• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Light Fang REVISITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
@Rocker

We already replied to that. You failed to respond to Reppuzan asking for proof.
He asked me for proof that it is natural energy but if you want proof that they were highlighted then here: https://japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/1735/do-japanese-writers-use-underline-for-emphasis

The very first answer.

Also proof that light fang is imbued with natural energy?

It cut thtough a TSB which as we know can only be affected by things with natural energy mixed in.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Kep said he only accepted Sub-Relativistic because of people constantly wanting it, not out of legitimacy.
Accepting Relativistic because of the same thing is even worse.
^This. Naruto needs be downgraded back to MHS+

Haku:

Outliers across the board

Naruto and Sasuke could (at least barely) react to Haku, and Naruto got his clocked clean by Tayuya (near the end of part 1 as it was the Sasuke retrieval arc) who was only supersonic.

Pretty sure Sasuke was getting trashed by the ninja with the sonic gauntlets until he went curse mark

Edo Haku got punted by both base Lee and Guy coming out of the ice mirrors

Sai could react to Haku

Light fang:

Sage art Storm Release: Light Fang

Storm release = lightning and water natures

Sage art: Just adds natural energy to it

Not seeing how we get light from a release that has been shown to be lightning for everything else, but the databook has never been wrong before right? :^)

Let's not forget Naruto can sense evil intent, as he auto-dodged most sneak attacks by Kaguya, and this.

Examples of databook hyperbole:

Light fang: "It cuts all things at the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing"

Context: It's impossible to dodge because it's light speed (self-debunking statement)

Limbo Border Jail: "Squaring of against a user, counter attack is impossible, going up against this ability will result in one losing against such a powerful enemy"

Again, a self-debunking statement. The databook statements consistently debunk themselves and contradict the manga.

@Kukui

Because again Kep, its flowerly language to give it hype.

Look at the statement.

"It cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to invade even one swing".

The reason why it is impossible is because it travels at the speed of light. If one is flowery, the other also is because the statement uses it as a cause. If not, it is wrong because Naruto dodged it, thus proving it false.

If I again saw something that said the Kamehameha was undodgeable for the same stuff, I wouldnt fight to get it or Goku downgraded because its absurd. This isn't different.

False equivalence. The Kamehameha has more than a 5 second screentime and has feats throughout the series.

@Rocker

Except there were no underlines in the translation I provided.

Rocker1189 said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
^This. Naruto needs be downgraded back to MHS+
Which is wrong because actually he is fine with sub-rel+ Naruto but not relavistic.
He's not fine with Sub-Rel, the only reason he made the calc for it was due to pressure from fans. He was not for Rel nor Sub-Rel in the first place.

Dude the underlines are represented is small empty circles in kanji. I already said that. And they show up in the scan you provided.

Have you guys just stop to think that it's intentional Hyperbole, the "Unavoidable" part?

It seems to me that you guys take every single word seriously. Like lets be ******* serious here, the man drew it first, do you honestly for gods sake think he'll say it's unavoidable when he specificalky drew it to be avoidable?

It's common sense, and as a writer myself, im offended at the lack of thought behind a lot of the "nay" arguments.

It couldn't possibly be more clear that Kishi said its unavoidable just to hype up it being LS.

Contextually, Naruto is meant to dodge the attack. The databook further implies this in that Naruto dodged it.

All I'm saying is logic dictates that if he drew it first and described it later in the DB, the description is mean to enhance what he drew. Giving context to the scene. And clearly it being unavoidable is intentional hyperbowl because he drew it being avoided first. None of you are dumb enough to literally claim something so idiotic about your own work, why assume Kishi is? Makes no goddamn sense.

@Unite

I actually made a debuking rebuttal about Haku so, if that gets accepted, then the Haku stuff being an outlier wont change anything.

@Kep

That in itself is also a false equalivalnce.

"If one is flowerly" refers to the "impossible to evade part, which is a common trope in hyped up moves and is obviously incorrect. That doesnt reflect on the whole thing in any way. Or else, downgrade every move that uses impossible for the same thing. This literally goes back to my original point on this. If Naruto was able to dodge the supposed "impossible" attack, that doesnt mean the move isnt light speed. It means someone was actually fast enough to avoid it.

>Feats throughout the series

Instantly assumes EoS when it can easily be from the beginning where Z actually hits light speed for the first time, which fits in my example. And the "feats" you are talking about is scaling above scaling above scaling and so on.

That said, it doesnt need to be the Kamehameha. It can any move I think up to be put in the same scenerio and it would fit.

@Rocker

Isn't what he said though? he was pressured into doing the calc cause of fans? unless im misunderstanding.

Frantzy12 said:
@Rocker
Isn't what he said though? he was pressured into doing the calc cause of fans? unless im misunderstanding.
He completely agrees with a calc yielding far better results tho

Sub rel+ minato reactions which scale to God tiers and make them even faster than sub rel feat

Frantzy12 said:
@Rocker
He said he disagrees with Relavistic Naruto and only did the calc because we wont stop about it. That is all.

I dont care about relavistic either I can already tell that it would never go through. I am still here because of light fang.

I see, Personally, I don't really care but I won't be surprised if it goes through seeing the massive upgrades the verse has gotten so far and never-ending revisions lol.

Frantzy12 said:
I see, Personally, I don't really care but I won't be surprised if it goes through seeing the massive upgrades the verse has gotten so far and never-ending revisions lol.
?

are you now assuming that the verse shouldnt have gotten those upgrades?

if you dont agree with them then make a CRT

@Kukui

There's no possible justification for relativistic/LS/FTL Naruto via scaling from Haku that doesn't end in an outlier for literally the rest of the series

@everyone else

Discussion rules are meant to be followed unless substantial, new evidence is brought to light. I don't see why any amount of complaining by people who crave unjust stats changes anything.

@Unite

According to you and only you. With all due respect, I believe in the opposite and will push for it until someone at least reads it and still says it can't go through.

That said, this thread is way too derailed as it is, so i'll make a separate thread about this so things dont get more wild.

@Shadow If I disagree with it or not does it matter? Personally, I think small-planet Naruto is pretty laughable and Sub-Rel Kurama even funnier.Making a CRT wouldn't actually do anything.I had already said my opinions in the revision and was ignored.

Frantzy12 said:
@Shadow If I disagree with it or not does it matter? Personally, I think small-planet Naruto is pretty laughable and Sub-Rel Kurama even funnier.Making a CRT wouldn't actually do anything.I had already said my opinions in the revision and was ignored.
It is called calculations and scaling. If you dont have calculations or scaling to prove otherwise then you have no right to complain. But this would just derail things further. So anyway goodnight people.

@Kukui

Uh no. Multiple people here agreed with it being an outlier. You really need to stop trying to push LS Haku whenever there's a mountain of evidence for it being an outlier. And this point you are countering everything by saying "But muh feelings tho."

Really, at this point this is extremely circular. We tell you X, you reply with Y, we tell you A and you reply with Y again.

Kepekley23 said:
Really, at this point this is extremely circular. We tell you X, you reply with Y, we tell you A and you reply with Y again.
That might be because X or A is wrong. Maybe not here but just because you have 2 different reasoning does not mean that either of them are right and Y is wrong. Not to mention I actually proved the underlining idea right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back